U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,771,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Well, I signed up for C-D because of their city forums a few years ago. I've been wanting to move for a really long time and I wanted to talk to people from other areas of the country. CantWait2Leave is how I feel about living in L.A. I am finally moving in January. Great thread BHFT!
CW2L, I'm glad for you that you are finally getting to move, since you are not happy there. I've been thinking recently about applying for a job that pays about twice my salary, but I'd have to move and I love it here. I can't decide what to do, but your post kind of reinforced what I've been thinking. You can't really put a price on being happy in the location where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 01:43 PM

823 posts, read 1,121,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
CW2L, I'm glad for you that you are finally getting to move, since you are not happy there. I've been thinking recently about applying for a job that pays about twice my salary, but I'd have to move and I love it here. I can't decide what to do, but your post kind of reinforced what I've been thinking. You can't really put a price on being happy in the location where you live.
Its interesting CW2L, I thought that perhaps your name generated from the fact that you were truly really looking forward to being in heaven . So it is very interesting to learn the true meanings behind our screen names.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 PM

6,435 posts, read 9,955,147 times
Great thread! My screename doesn't really have any significance. It's my middle name combined with random numbers. I thought it had a nice ring to it than idk something like allenk901.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:11 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,766,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Its interesting CW2L, I thought that perhaps your name generated from the fact that you were truly really looking forward to being in heaven . So it is very interesting to learn the true meanings behind our screen names.
I figured people would think that's what it means, but no, that didn't cross my mind when I made my screen name. It is interesting to learn what they mean! Kathryn is one of my favorite names. It's so pretty.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:13 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,766,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Absolutely agree with you!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Bright Hope....that brought tears to my eyes....

I was brought up Catholic and a very special Sister (Nun) spent many an hour with me telling me about God's Love. I was quite young and learning about the Bible.....and because of her I have never viewed God as anything but Love....and I have never lived in any type of fear of his wrath. I feel very fortunate to have had this knowledge from such a young age. Now I too try to share the Good News with as many as possible and although I am not a Nun by any means and I no longer go to the Catholic Church.....her teachings enhanced my life and continue to do so. She was a special lady.

Sisterkat......Sister (my special Sister) and then my name is Kathryn.
Sisterkat, yours is a sweet story. It's great that you had a strong mentor from an early age.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:25 PM

4,237 posts, read 653,284 times
My screen name is a name I use a lot for a lot of things -- A long time ago I saw some meerkats in the zoo and was quite taken with their alertness, I think around that time I was trying to think of a user name for something .....

Nice thread BHFT

Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
My screen name is a name I use a lot for a lot of things -- A long time ago I saw some meerkats in the zoo and was quite taken with their alertness, I think around that time I was trying to think of a user name for something .....

Nice thread BHFT
I thought you probably liked the meerkat in The Lion King!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 PM

987 posts, read 908,492 times
Very interesting, I liked all the reasons. Little Elmer, how enlightening your explanation was, never thought it meant a city. I'm so glad you revealed that.

Mine isn't all that interesting an origin. Years and years ago, I first started out in online chat at TalkCity and liked all the animal names people chose. One of my favorite fictional series is a trilogy of fantasy books and the last book's heroine was named Wren, an elf maiden that became the queen of the Elves. And part of me views myself as nondescript, blending into my surroundings so I thought it was appropriate.

Then about 6 years ago, after a long absence from chat/forums, I returned to TalkCity but could not get on using Wren, they said it was taken??? Probably still me but I had long forgotten the password and the original email we had. I loathe numbers after names, so I decided to maybe add a color. Since I am sort of a redhead, more the result of Clairol than genetics, I wanted to keep it in that color family and I decided ScarletWren had a nice ring to it. Since then I have had many comments from others referencing Scarlet O'Hara, a few referencing Miss Scarlet in the game Clue, and even the Scarlet Letter. Lots of fun and I think I'll keep this one. I also like to think of the phrase...tho your sins be as scarlet, they will be made white as snow (or wool? something alonh that line).

Thanks for starting this thread!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:13 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,490,639 times
I thought I would be herefornow because I'm ALWAYS moving around. I think I've moved about 15 times in the last 20 years. Nothing ever stays the same in my life for too long. I've pretty much given up on having a normal life, so I'm resigned to being here (wherever that may be), for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity