U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 AM

1,897 posts, read 1,773,769 times

Advertisements

Does anyone want to share what their screen name means?

Mine is taken from one of my favorite hymns, "Great is Thy Faithfulness." The words in the song, and particularly the phrase, "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow," gave me comfort during some really tough times in my life.

When my son was really sick, many times I sang all the words to this song while getting ready in the morning to go into his ICU room. He recovered at that point in time, but about a year later things took a turn for the worse. Almost two years after his death, I visited his grave on what would have been his 17th birthday, and sang this song aloud, as a way of worship and to tell God I still believed in the words.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 AM

8,419 posts, read 9,170,922 times
Google the CA Welfare and Institution code for 5150.

Sometimes I work with these people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_(I...ychiatric_hold)

Old 06-25-2010, 08:10 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,769,630 times
Bright Hope -

That's a beautiful hymn - I've always loved it. So full of reassuring words about how God's love is constant and does not change, even though we change from day to day. He is like the North Star that all the other stars in the sky circle around.

My screen name isn't really "after" anything in particular. I chose it because I need to keep a song in my heart to continue in my joy. Also, I'm a lover of poetry, which to me is like a song in one's heart.

Blessings!

Heartsong

Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,024,318 times
It means "I lean right"......

Old 06-25-2010, 09:18 AM

1,897 posts, read 1,773,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I thought so! Clever!!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:37 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,574,468 times
I had read the word "Enow" at what I had thought was a Biblical word, but I cannot find it in the Bible, unless I had read it from an archaic Bible using maybe an old King James language or something. It is possible that I had read it from somewhere else: maybe Shakespeare"?

When I read the word which began at the beginning of a sentence, it was to bring to attention and to stress an urgency to what was to follow that word, "Enow"... like maybe an archaic sense of.. "Hear now". I also remember reading it in a sort of calligraphy type writing, but that is all I recall.

Course, anything the Lord would have me share, it is on Him to cause the increase.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:21 AM

823 posts, read 1,123,116 times
Bright Hope....that brought tears to my eyes....

I was brought up Catholic and a very special Sister (Nun) spent many an hour with me telling me about God's Love. I was quite young and learning about the Bible.....and because of her I have never viewed God as anything but Love....and I have never lived in any type of fear of his wrath. I feel very fortunate to have had this knowledge from such a young age. Now I too try to share the Good News with as many as possible and although I am not a Nun by any means and I no longer go to the Catholic Church.....her teachings enhanced my life and continue to do so. She was a special lady.

Sisterkat......Sister (my special Sister) and then my name is Kathryn.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:23 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,910,592 times
I live in Little Elm - boring, I know.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,770,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Too funny!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,770,235 times
Well, I signed up for C-D because of their city forums a few years ago. I've been wanting to move for a really long time and I wanted to talk to people from other areas of the country. CantWait2Leave is how I feel about living in L.A. I am finally moving in January. Great thread BHFT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity