Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 01:07 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,213,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You cannot remove the log in your own eye ... We are all hypocrites, none are righteous, let every man be a liar and only God be true. You are a hypocrite, just like me ...

Of course some sin more in one area of weakness and others in another, but we all return to our own vomit like dogs.

You think more highly of yourself than you should. I do not judge others of condemn others though i do judge and condemn actions and words.

I believe you will be saved, just like everyone else, regardless of where you are in your life at this time.

Most traditional fundamentalist Christians are among the most self righteous people i have ever met, and i have been around the block more than once ...
Yes, I completely agree with you. There are MANY self righteous Christians. What makes you think I think too highly of myself? You don't even know me. I know I am a sinner and it's by the grace of God that I'm saved. I would never be able to save myself. I fail everyday. I know this!

If you read the links it shows why we need to judge. If we don't judge how would we know if we are equally yoked with someone?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Cor. 6:14, KJV).

If we don't judge others how will we know if someone is a false prophet? By their fruit you will know them! We need to judge and see if they have bad fruit or good fruit. This is the judgement I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 01:15 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,720,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Yes, I completely agree with you. There are MANY self righteous Christians. What makes you think I think too highly of myself? You don't even know me. I know I am a sinner and it's by the grace of God that I'm saved. I would never be able to save myself. I fail everyday. I know this!

If you read the links it shows why we need to judge. If we don't judge how would we know if we are equally yoked with someone?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Cor. 6:14, KJV).

If we don't judge others how will we know if someone is a false prophet? By their fruit you will know them! We need to judge and see if they have bad fruit or good fruit. This is the judgement I'm talking about.
Like i said, I judge the fruit of others, their words and actions, but not them personally ... that is the point. Of course we should be prudent and pray for discernment. That is not what Christ was referring to when he said do not judge ... He was speaking of Judgment in the way of condemnation of another person. He was only adding to what he had already said about turning the other cheek and loving your enemies.

You are right, i do not know you personally, but i believe that if you think you are righteous and worthy of judging, in the way of condemnation, other people, then you think more highly of yourself than you should.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:

When Paul wrote of being unequally yoked together with unbelievers, he was talking about being in bondage to fear and all that derives from not believing and resting in Christ. When we are in Christ we are no longer under the bondage of sin and death, and we should shine as a light in the darkness of the world for those that do not yet believe. By living in the spirit and producing the fruits of the spirit so that others may eat thereof and receive the benefit of Gods grace through us. This does not mean that we should use threats of condemnation and fear tactics to persuade others to believe the same way that we do. Paul is not saying that we who are the body of Christ should not love and be good to those that do not believe ... We who are the body of Christ are supposed to stand in the gap and intercede through faith and prayer and endless supplications for the unbelieving world, even as he did for us until the time of his death when he supplicated to the Father and interceded for the very people that put him on the cross to begin with, not condemn it to violence and suffering.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-30-2010 at 01:35 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM

595 posts, read 758,605 times
John 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God [ Greek he] gives the Spirit without limit.
1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

I myself, truly believe this and the last scripture a prayer for ourselves.
Many times we will nit pic at a typing error or mis quote with each other, God's word is infallible and Jesus continually used scripture as an example for us.

I myself do not want anyone to sin, especially a brother and sister because we know sin separates them from God and many times we can foresee the repercussions of sin before it happens because of Godly discernment or because of experiencing the same sin. Snatching them from the fire beforehand. What one sows, one will reap and there is no favoritism.
We are to love one another deeply and I find this so hard sometimes not to say a word. The Spirit in me will grieve so deep for another when a simple discernment to wait on God, He has all under control, never happens. We want all the answers and actions right now. I will tell anyone if you are not 100% sure of a path, decision or judgement, wait on Jesus, remain in Him and His word. Take paths that are firm in Him. He will always make things clear and stable. Even when one walks by faith, one will know it is God's will because it will fall into place as God wants. And their will be the peace of Jesus in one's heart.
Was the Samaritian woman at the well a believer or a non-believer when Jesus spoke of her husbands and the man she was living with? And the beautiful opportunity of Salvation speaking directly to her. Jesus.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 06-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Like i said, I judge the fruit of others, their words and actions, but not them personally ... that is the point. Of course we should be prudent and pray for discernment. That is not what Christ was referring to when he said do not judge ... He was speaking of Judgment in the way of condemnation of another person. He was only adding to what he had already said about turning the other cheek and loving your enemies.

You are right, i do not know you personally, but i believe that if you think you are righteous and worthy of judging, in the way of condemnation, other people, then you think more highly of yourself than you should.
Ironmaw, you and I are on the same page. I completely agree with you.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Ironmaw, you and I are on the same page. I completely agree with you.
Then we are in agreement at least on this ...

God bless you friend.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Then we are in agreement at l east on this ...

God bless you friend.
Indeed we are

God bless you too

Old 06-30-2010, 01:39 PM

Basically it amounts to this ... Don't be an accuser, be a provider ...

Old 06-30-2010, 03:59 PM

365 posts, read 509,358 times
Should Christians Judge?

Answer: NO! Christians should never judge...but should EVALUATE!

What's the difference between Judging and Evaluating?

Judging someone is condemning someone based on human standards.

Evaluating someone is using God's standards, yet not condemning someone in the process.

A sinner cannot condemn another sinner, John 8:7

So we can evaluate when someone is doing something we do not agree with or or we believe is contrary to God's will. But we view that from God's standards, not human relative standards.

So.... EVALUATE...do not JUDGE!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:01 AM

37,055 posts, read 42,006,001 times
Christians are free to judge other Christians who beleive in holding each other accountable I suppose. To judge anyone else is a waste of time and energy. When it get's to that point it's more of a hobby than anything constructive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity