Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:55 PM

309 posts, read 361,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Joel...do you have anything edifying to say concerning the topic?
....or is this a personal vendetta I see here against Mike?....stay on topic and deal with the OP, or stay out of the conversation.
Mikes thread is on the proof of 'freewill'. He repeatedly claims it but does not explain the scriptures that are to the contrary. I think scriptures are 'edifying' enough, don't you?? If I seem rude, or anyone for that matter who talks with him, maybe he could form his words in a more kindly manner to others. He ran from the thread WE were talking on an started this one.

To the MODs and everyone else here. I am not trying to be rude. I am just trying to get answers. I am sorry if it seems otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 05:00 PM

32,941 posts, read 26,170,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Some men have many words to speak that comes from Man's wisdom. They only repeats what 'agreeing' men have spoken and takes what they say as truth. They are incapable of thinking for themselves.

Mike lists a few scholarly quotes of his scholars as to impress us. "Tell me Mike, I listed many as well, does that mean I am right then?"

All can go to this thread and see how Mike 'conveniently' dodges all my questions. Simple questions like "Did you choose Christ?" and "Does everybody have the Holy Spirit?" Simple Yes or No answers he cannot supply. He dodges many verses posted before him. He also backs himself into a corner of TRUTH by his own words.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ts-3-21-a.html

Also, I have presented the below words to Mike MANY times, but he states that it is a waste of time to address them with me. He writes much MUCH words to defend his doctrine, but has no time for SCIPTURES (I want answers to them all Mike). To this date I and Mike have only talked about 2 scriptures out of the plethora listed below. Let us see if he will answer or have the 'time' to answer them now, being he started a thread on 'freewill'.

From post #157. One of the questions that I supposedly didn't answer. ''Does everybody have the Holy Spirit?''

The poster;

I, for the most part, agree with this, but once again you did not answer my question: “Does everybody have the Holy Spirit?”

You keep dodging around what “I am telling” you. Answer my question, ““Does everybody have the Holy Spirit?”. If the Spirit is NOT GIVEN to every man, then if a certain man is not given it, by your OWN admission above, it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to ‘understand’. I am pretty sure you know what I am getting at here. I think you are playing with me here. I just don’t think you want to admit to what you are saying.

My answer...

I told you that the Holy Spirit makes the Gospel understandable to the spiritually dead unbeliever when he hears the Gospel. That was quite plain. How is it that you are unable to comprehend so clear a statement as that?

Now, during the church-age, every believer has the Holy Spirit indwelling his body. The other two members of the Trinity also indwell the body of the believer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed. All who wish, do go to the link and see my answers to this posters questions. Judge for yourselves whether the posters questions were dodged.

Here are the post numbers. Post#16, 74, 76, 79, 80, 82, 84, 98, 102, 106, 109, 111, 116, 118, 119, 122, 125, 126, 130, 139, 155, and 157.

Here is the thread...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ts-3-21-a.html

As this thread (the one your reading now) has shown, man's free will was decreed by God in eternity past and is a part of God's permissive will. Those who defend Universalism seem to have to deny man's free will to hold to their heretical doctrines. But just as the Scriptures are clear that unbelievers will spend eternity in the lake of fire, so too, they are clear that man has free will.

But anyone with any common sense at all already knows that he has free will.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:11 PM

32,941 posts, read 26,170,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Mikes thread is on the proof of 'freewill'. He repeatedly claims it but does not explain the scriptures that are to the contrary. I think scriptures are 'edifying' enough, don't you?? If I seem rude, or anyone for that matter who talks with him, maybe he could form his words in a more kindly manner to others. He ran from the thread WE were talking on an started this one.

To the MODs and everyone else here. I am not trying to be rude. I am just trying to get answers. I am sorry if it seems otherwise.
To the contrary. I have given you more attention than you deserve. You demand that all of your posted passages be answered, and ignore answers already given you with regard to other guestions, and show an inability or unwillingness to comprehend them. The other thread was never about free will in the first place. Because of your attitude, you have been given all the answers you are going to get out of me.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:34 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,480,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
From post #157. One of the questions that I supposedly didn't answer. ''Does everybody have the Holy Spirit?''

The poster;

I, for the most part, agree with this, but once again you did not answer my question: “Does everybody have the Holy Spirit?”

You keep dodging around what “I am telling” you. Answer my question, ““Does everybody have the Holy Spirit?”. If the Spirit is NOT GIVEN to every man, then if a certain man is not given it, by your OWN admission above, it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to ‘understand’. I am pretty sure you know what I am getting at here. I think you are playing with me here. I just don’t think you want to admit to what you are saying.

My answer...

I told you that the Holy Spirit makes the Gospel understandable to the spiritually dead unbeliever when he hears the Gospel. That was quite plain. How is it that you are unable to comprehend so clear a statement as that?

Now, during the church-age, every believer has the Holy Spirit indwelling his body. The other two members of the Trinity also indwell the body of the believer.

Indeed. All who wish, do go to the link and see my answers to this posters questions. Judge for yourselves whether the posters questions were dodged.

Here are the post numbers. Post#16, 74, 76, 79, 80, 82, 84, 98, 102, 106, 109, 111, 116, 118, 119, 122, 125, 126, 130, 139, 155, and 157.

Here is the thread...

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/1005797-restoration-all-things-acts-3-21-a.html

As this thread (the one your reading now) has shown, man's free will was decreed by God in eternity past and is a part of God's permissive will. Those who defend Universalism seem to have to deny man's free will to hold to their heretical doctrines. But just as the Scriptures are clear that unbelievers will spend eternity in the lake of fire, so too, they are clear that man has free will.

If I had free will, I would not be watching my believing father-in-law die of lung cancer!

Would I? You mean limited will... right?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:23 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,103,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If I had free will, I would not be watching my believing father-in-law die of lung cancer!

Would I? You mean limited will... right?
Kat, I'm sorry about your father-in-law. Peace to you and your family.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:40 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,103,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Excellently explained! I tried to Rep you - to no avail. It was my will to do so, but I could not BTW, I still have no understanding of how to make a comment when you Rep someone. I don't see an option for it. Maybe I'll see the light on that if I stick around here.
Thanks, Heartsong! Herefornow taught me about the reps. Click on the scales at the top right.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,480,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Kat, I'm sorry about your father-in-law. Peace to you and your family.
Thank you... This is his 4th fight against cancer but unfortunately it is inoperable and he is too weak for chemo... We will see. They have some experimental drugs that he is trying.

Free will doesn't exist in his reality nor mine.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:

The poster;

My answer...

Yes, this is when it was finally answered. To Mike's defence, I replied twice in this thread before I replied in that one.

Quote:

Here is the thread...

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/1005797-restoration-all-things-acts-3-21-a.html

As you say, "Indeed", let them judge for themselves.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Thanks, Heartsong! Herefornow taught me about the reps. Click on the scales at the top right.
Thanks! I never knew what those scales were for.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
To the contrary. I have given you more attention than you deserve. You demand that all of your posted passages be answered, and ignore answers already given you with regard to other guestions, and show an inability or unwillingness to comprehend them. The other thread was never about free will in the first place. Because of your attitude, you have been given all the answers you are going to get out of me.
Again, this is all the attention that The Holy Scriptures that I posted deserves from you, which again 'no answers' so you can keep your doctrine. Have it your way sir.

Don't get mad at me sir. You are the one who started a thread on 'freewill', not me. And I dont think it has a thing to do with my attitude, you have only given the answers that you are 'able' to.

P.S. Still love you tho Mike, take care

Joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity