U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,560,739 times

Advertisements

If,as is claimed,it is necessary for a person to accept Christ in order to avoid an eternity in hell,then why doesn't God make sure everyone knows this and has the ability to make this decision based on knowledge of God's true character (as opposed to the image given by child abusing priests,Fred Phelps,or Jimmy Swaggart)?

Why,on what would be THE most important question,did God not make it known and still make it known universally?And He hasn't.Peoples around the world from the time of Christ have had no knowledge of Christ except when mostly white missionaries showed up,often in the company of soldiers who proceeded to display their Christianity by slaughtering them.WHY?Why did,and do,people exist who never had knowledge of Christ to make a decision about Him?Can you do better than an evangelist in my church,who answered this with the statement "well,that's just tough luck on them".

Please explain why, in this all important decision,for MOST of the Christian era the information concerning this decision was never available to most of the world's population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 12:01 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,767,818 times
I'm not an ETer, so I have no answer for you on that. But it's a good question.

Heartsong

Old 06-26-2010, 12:15 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,494,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
If,as is claimed,it is necessary for a person to accept Christ in order to avoid an eternity in hell,then why doesn't God make sure everyone knows this and has the ability to make this decision based on knowledge of God's true character (as opposed to the image given by child abusing priests,Fred Phelps,or Jimmy Swaggart)?

Why,on what would be THE most important question,did God not make it known and still make it known universally?And He hasn't.Peoples around the world from the time of Christ have had no knowledge of Christ except when mostly white missionaries showed up,often in the company of soldiers who proceeded to display their Christianity by slaughtering them.WHY?Why did,and do,people exist who never had knowledge of Christ to make a decision about Him?Can you do better than an evangelist in my church,who answered this with the statement "well,that's just tough luck on them".

Please explain why, in this all important decision,for MOST of the Christian era the information concerning this decision was never available to most of the world's population.
Those kinds of thoughts are one of the reasons I started questioning what I was told. Researching, delving into languages, and putting some puzzle pieces together is how I came to UR. The Old Testament guys did not do as they were told, and they did not show mercy to others around them. They did not show anybody how God worked, which is what they were supposed to do. They misinterpreted what He told them, looked at Him through human eyes, and failed to see the big picture. They thought life came from their scriptures. They killed and took advantage of not only outsiders, but even their own people. I believe that is why Jesus said, "if Sodom had seen............she would still be standing today."

Nobody got it right. Not the Jews, not the Christians. Not in B.C., not in A.D. He concludeth ALL in unbelief, so he might have mercy on ALL. It's all about mercy, and we are ALL going to need it.

God's plan is much bigger than any of us can possibly imagine. And I believe it will be a lesson to all, even his fallen angels. His wisdom will be made known even at the highest levels, and all creatures will one day worship before
the throne.

I'm sure God left out a couple of crucial pieces of info for a reason.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:57 AM

21,941 posts, read 16,738,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post

God in His omniscience knew in eternity past who would desire to know more about God at the point of God consciousness, and included in the divine decrees the provision to get the Gospel to those who would respond to it. Geographical isolation is no barrier to God.

As the human population spread out across the earth in ancient times, the Gospel also spread out. But in due course of time, even entire groups of people, turned their backs on God and started worshiping demons and idols, and forgetting the truth. And God allows such perversion to continue until He gets ready to judge those people. But if in the midst of such a people, there is even one person who desires more information concerning God once he becomes mentally able to conceive of a supreme being, then God will have already made provision in eternity past to get the Gospel message to him. The following resource will help you to understand the issue.

THE HEATHEN?

Old 06-26-2010, 01:09 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,494,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God in His omniscience knew in eternity past who would desire to know more about God at the point of God consciousness, and included in the divine decrees the provision to get the Gospel to those who would respond to it. Geographical isolation is no barrier to God.

As the human population spread out across the earth in ancient times, the Gospel also spread out. But in due course of time, even entire groups of people, turned their backs on God and started worshiping demons and idols, and forgetting the truth. And God allows such perversion to continue until He gets ready to judge those people. But if in the midst of such a people, there is even one person who desires more information concerning God once he becomes mentally able to conceive of a supreme being, then God will have already made provision in eternity past to get the Gospel message to him. The following resource will help you to understand the issue.

THE HEATHEN?

That, my dear Mike triple 5, is a crock, and I should know. I used to say such stupid things, desperately looking for answers. Man's wisdom, eh?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:09 AM

21,941 posts, read 16,738,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
That, my dear Mike triple 5, is a crock, and I should know. I used to say such stupid things, desperately looking for answers. Man's wisdom, eh?
To the contrary. God who created the universe with but a word, is quite able to have put into His divine decree in eternity past based on His omniscience, the provison to get the Gospel to those who would respond to it. Geographical isolation is no problem for God.

THE HEATHEN?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:51 AM

32,301 posts, read 21,149,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. God who created the universe with but a word, is quite able to have put into His divine decree in eternity past based on His omniscience, the provison to get the Gospel to those who would respond to it. Geographical isolation is no problem for God.

THE HEATHEN?
I agree Herefornow it's a load of crock.

It's funny Mike how you can believe such crock and convince yourself of it by Him being able, yet you refuse to accept that God is able to accomplish what He desires , which is all men to be saved .

I would go as far to say that you probably believe that God is able to accomplish what He desires regarding all things apart from Saving all men.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:59 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,767,818 times
Didn't Jesus say that all things are possible with God? And that after he had said it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. I love the way Jesus taught! :-)

Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 AM

32,301 posts, read 21,149,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Didn't Jesus say that all things are possible with God? And that after he had said it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. I love the way Jesus taught! :-)
I agree when we leave God out the equation things seem impossible , especially when God is upon against the power and strength of human will , which is so mighty and such a stronghold , that it leaves God scratching His head.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:29 AM

8,111 posts, read 7,086,230 times
Jesus now has Authority over the Heaven and the earth, but the Lord God put before Life and death and said `` Chose life ``......Many people over the thousands of years Chose the death cycle, and with this death cycle, the devil and his fallen angels put up and strong fight for the flesh of man to manipulate,..... Where Jesus send out his Evangelist to do his work on the myst of his enemies of the devils carnals spirit that will do everything it can to stop God and his purpose in the earth...... Lord Jesus has the Authority and the power to remove these devils and his fallen angels out that keep terrorising Heaven purposes but The Lord God put up a spiritual rule that he must also follow ``, That is the will of man and he is given the authority over the earth, before Jesus authority, like believers pray and Jesus excorisies his Authority and removes some demons and fallen angels out of the earth so his plan will be succesfull, ... but the carnal spirit of this world has possesed all people who do not resist these evil spirit by their powerless WILL of man or through the power of the Blood of Lord Jesus Authority to rip demons out of people and the land....these priests who blew it and tarnished the image for Heaven ... Jesus said in 2 Corinthians 12:9... when Apostle Paul was challenged by the carnal spirit.......``My grace is sufficient for you, for my strengh is made perfect in weakness``....Means when these priest raped weak people instead of asking Jesus for his grace to overcome these sins that they did, were they could not stop that they were doing is; the weakness the Jesus said........ Jesus need man to start what he has for the earth.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity