U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:42 PM

11,300 posts, read 11,312,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thrilll whether you believe in preterism or not is not an issue with me , but the realty is God is still fulfilling His purpose today as He was before and back in 70AD .To believe that His hand is not in the affairs of man today would be a grave error .
Oh, don't get me wrong, p. I believe that God has His mighty Hand on everything that is going on, from the fall of the Roman Empire down through the millennia to the Gulf oil disaster today.

All I'm saying is that futurists have been sold a bill of goods by prophecy louses. Anyone who really wants to study the history of the rapture movement---and all the evidence is out there on Goggle---can see for themselves how it's been used to enslave Christians and scare them into forking over hundreds of millions of $$$$$'s to read, watch, and saturate themselves in a totally bogus, proven-false dogma.

It is my sincerest desire that, with this thread, I can get the message out there that the world is NOT crashing all around us; that "the earth abides forever" (Ecclesiastes 1:4) and that there is no need for Christians to start selling their possessions and move to some mountaintop to escape some fictitious clown called antichrist. If I can help even a few of our beloved members break the bonds chaining them to this screwy rapture thing and stop them from ruining their lives, then I feel this thread will have worth the effort.

Again, I counsel you, Brothers and Sisters in Christ: throw off the yoke of this nutty rapture heresy. Start investing your time in worthwhile pursuits to further God's Kingdom, instead of agonizing over whether to move to another state to escape antichrist, or how much oatmeal to store up that will last through the Tribulation!

P.S. Oatmeal gets buggy after a few months, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 09:46 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,302,321 times
If you freeze oatmeal bf storing it,it lasts longer.Just thought I'd add that in

Old 06-27-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
If you freeze oatmeal bf storing it,it lasts longer.Just thought I'd add that in
I'm sure the dye-in-the-wool rapturites around here will appreciate that helpful bit of advice, SC.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:59 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,302,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'm sure the dye-in-the-wool rapturites around here will appreciate that helpful bit of advice, SC.
well heck you can even dye it even you want.FD n C red would be a nice color.then you can pretend it's fruit-flavored
seriously,I think it keeps for about a year if you freeze it first.but I'm only saying that cuz I'm a buy -in- bulk kinda person.It's cheaper that way.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:13 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,592,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So reality doesn't matter? Only an alternate reality that you think will take place soon? What matter's to me is what is right now... not some un-reality supposedly in the future.

sometimes I wonder.
Yes, reality does matter katonjj. That's why you should be up off of your "blessed assurance", winning souls to the Kingdom of God instead of worrying about, "whats right for me", "what's in it for me"... YES, right now!!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:22 PM

[quote=thrillobyte;14800936]Jesus may or may not return, Betsy, but even if He does it will be for all to see and not in some fictitious rapture. You've been hoodwinked, old gal, by scoundrels like Lindsey and Lahayne, who only jumped onto this rapture bandwagon because of the smell of money. Hey, Lindsey's got four ex-wives to support. You think that comes cheap? Why do you think he's been recycling this rapture garbage through about 20 books that all say basically the same thing?

Sometime I'd like to tell you about the conspiracy that evolved over at Dallas Theological Seminary back in the 50's-60's; about how enrollment was so bad that they realized they needed to do something to drum up business and the best way to do that was through futurism/dispensationalism, knowing it's always been a big drawing card. So they enlisted one of their "bright stars", Hal Lindsey and got him to write a book that would basically rehash everything that'd been stated by Scofield via his infamous Bible with the "rapture footnotes". Designed to hook a new generation to the rapture, the Tribulation and antichrist, and the rest of that nonsense. LGPE made millions for Lindsey, Dallas Theological, Zondervan Publishing (BTW, do you think it's an accident that so many alumni's of DTS are now working for Zondervan? It's hotbed of incestuous relationships over there). Boy, Betsy, I know gullibility is never in short supply but you really have to wake up to reality. FINAL ANSWER! ( hehe-I love that).[/

Yet, I'll wait upon the Lord. Not believing in the rapture, but fulfilling prophecy, you scoffer you!! Your assignment............you're doing an excellent job.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:31 PM

[quote=Betsey Lane;14804446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Jesus may or may not return, Betsy, but even if He does it will be for all to see and not in some fictitious rapture. You've been hoodwinked, old gal, by scoundrels like Lindsey and Lahayne, who only jumped onto this rapture bandwagon because of the smell of money. Hey, Lindsey's got four ex-wives to support. You think that comes cheap? Why do you think he's been recycling this rapture garbage through about 20 books that all say basically the same thing?

Sometime I'd like to tell you about the conspiracy that evolved over at Dallas Theological Seminary back in the 50's-60's; about how enrollment was so bad that they realized they needed to do something to drum up business and the best way to do that was through futurism/dispensationalism, knowing it's always been a big drawing card. So they enlisted one of their "bright stars", Hal Lindsey and got him to write a book that would basically rehash everything that'd been stated by Scofield via his infamous Bible with the "rapture footnotes". Designed to hook a new generation to the rapture, the Tribulation and antichrist, and the rest of that nonsense. LGPE made millions for Lindsey, Dallas Theological, Zondervan Publishing (BTW, do you think it's an accident that so many alumni's of DTS are now working for Zondervan? It's hotbed of incestuous relationships over there). Boy, Betsy, I know gullibility is never in short supply but you really have to wake up to reality. FINAL ANSWER! ( hehe-I love that).[/

Yet, I'll wait upon the Lord. And you..... not believing in the rapture, but fulfilling prophecy, you scoffer you!! Your assignment............you're doing an excellent job.
Before I forget.....Father forgive them..they know not what they say. Me, this "old gal" praying earnestly for you!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:51 PM

6,803 posts, read 7,384,261 times
[quote=Betsey Lane;14804533]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Before I forget.....Father forgive them..they know not what they say. Me, this "old gal" praying earnestly for you!
So now I learn here that not only do I need to be perfect to be saved but I need to believe in and obsess on the current version of end times theory in order to be saved.

What happened to preaching the saving grace of Jesus?

Last edited by hilgi; 06-27-2010 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-27-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
well heck you can even dye it even you want.FD n C red would be a nice color.then you can pretend it's fruit-flavored
seriously,I think it keeps for about a year if you freeze it first.but I'm only saying that cuz I'm a buy -in- bulk kinda person.It's cheaper that way.
Yeah, but remember, it's gotta last for at least 3 1/2 years and as long as 7, depending on whether you're a mid-tribber or post-tribber! If you're pre-trib, however, you're home free, right!

Old 06-27-2010, 11:45 PM

[quote=Betsey Lane;14804533]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Ahhhh, Betsy, Betsy, Betsy. It's a tried and true saying, "You can lead a horse to the water but you can't make them drink". FINAL ANSWER! (I get such a kick out of that )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity