U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 04:59 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,581,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Incredible, isn't it, kat? And I was only going by Betsy's own story,

The fall of America? Death, horror and destruction everywhere you look as you wander aimlessly down bombed-out streets with smoldering ruins of once mighty skyscrapers? Moving out of your state to flee the wrath of the antichrist should he come to your town looking for heads (and I don't means leaders!!!) Squirreling away dehydrated beans and oatmeal when starvation comes to this mighty nation????

I mean this does truly smack of a voice of desperation. Frankly, it's not really Betsy's fault. I blame all this on the malarkey TBN cranks out with their Apocalyptic movie crap like Omega Code and Left Behind, movies designed to frighten the living daylights out of people so they'll try to get right with God and start giving their hard-earned bread money to Jan so she can buy more cotton-candy wigs and b**b-jobs.

But Betsy has no right to judge my post when she has no idea of the other really dismal stories I've read elsewhere on Christian forums where people are clinging to reality literally by their fingernails as they hold on for the rapture--stories that would make you weep. I do sometimes feel like weeping for them because I am sad this rapture thing has them so firmly by the throat. Betsy's situation is just a tea party compared to some of the situations I've read. This rapture thing is like a cancer---literally eating away Christians' lives.
Betsey has no right to judge your post? Go in the mirror and repeat that 7 times....the answer will come. Don't like it much now do you? Oh by the way...it's not "judging" your post, but commenting....same as you, remember? But carry on....if you must!

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 06-28-2010 at 05:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 04:59 PM

11,235 posts, read 11,256,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I have already shown you the raptured church in heaven in Revelation 19:7-8.
That proves nothing, 555. I've tried to show you and the other futurists that Revelation has absolutely NO application to any date beyond 70 AD. It was written for the Christians at that time to warn them of the coming judgments that were going to descend on Jerusalem and the persecutions they were about to endure at the hands of Nero (the real antichrist, whose name adds up to 666---SURPRISE!) It's the prophecy pimps who've so successfully brainwashed Christians into believing all this gobbledygook is going to occur in the future! Why? Plain as the nose on your face----if they applied it to the past it'd be a history lesson and there's no money to be made giving history lessons! The real bread is made in brainwashing gullible Christians into believing all this phantasmagoric idiocy is in the future. That way gullible Christians will gladly fork over boatloads of cash to give themselves a shot of spiritual morphine while they hope that God will take them out of this cesspool of a world. I've got news for you: He won't. You're stuck here, Mike, face it----you're stuck here with the rest of us until the Grim Reaper comes calling for you. We'll have this conversation on and off for the next 20 years. Trust me.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
That proves nothing, 555. I've tried to show you and the other futurists that Revelation has absolutely NO application to any date beyond 70 AD. It was written for the Christians at that time to warn them of the coming judgments that were going to descend on Jerusalem and the persecutions they were about to endure at the hands of Nero (the real antichrist, whose name adds up to 666---SURPRISE!) It's the prophecy pimps who've so successfully brainwashed Christians into believing all this gobbledygook is going to occur in the future! Why? Plain as the nose on your face----if they applied it to the past it'd be a history lesson and there's no money to be made giving history lessons! The real bread is made in brainwashing gullible Christians into believing all this phantasmagoric idiocy is in the future. That way gullible Christians will gladly fork over boatloads of cash to give themselves a shot of spiritual morphine while they hope that God will take them out of this cesspool of a world. I've got news for you: He won't. You're stuck here, Mike, face it----you're stuck here with the rest of us until the Grim Reaper comes calling for you. We'll have this conversation on and off for the next 20 years. Trust me.
Oh, you'll get a thrill alright thrillobyte.....a lot sooner than you think! I'll keep praying.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Would you all get off of Betsey's back? She's doing what is right for her. Thrillobyte it never ceases to amaze me how you keep coming back time after time with the same old threads about the rapture and how silly it is......now who do you think is the one that's obsessed? I think you want it to be true so badly but it hasn't happened like you wanted it to so now you mock it and those who still believe in it. Isn't there anything else on your mind that you could start a thread about? Doesn't look that way.
She'll learn. Or, is it He?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:25 PM

21,819 posts, read 16,678,731 times
Quote:
To the contrary. It is obvious from many Old Testament passages that there are many prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

The timing of the rapture is known only to God. It is the highth of foolishness to carry whatever your problem with Hal Lindsey is over to the Bible.

I have included below an old thread concerning the significance of modern day Israel being partially back in the land in a state of unbelief. This is in preparation for the still future Tribulation.

Important: The Significance of Modern Day Israel Back in the Land

Old 06-28-2010, 05:30 PM

11,235 posts, read 11,256,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Oh, you'll get a thrill alright thrillobyte.....a lot sooner than you think! I'll keep praying.
Betsy, you crack me up! FINAL ANShahahahahahahahah ANSWER!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 PM

Ponder On This.........

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was. (2 Timothy 3: 1-13) King James Version

then, when you're finish with that.....

First, you must understand this: In the last days people who follow their own desires will appear. These disrespectful people will ridicule [God's promise]

by saying, "What's happened to his promise to return? Ever since our ancestors died, everything continues as it did from the beginning of the world."

They are deliberately ignoring one fact: Because of God's word, heaven and earth existed a long time ago. The earth [appeared] out of water and was kept alive by water.

Water also flooded and destroyed that world.

By God's word, the present heaven and earth are designated to be burned. They are being kept until the day ungodly people will be judged and destroyed.

Dear friends, don't ignore this fact: One day with the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day.

The Lord isn't slow to do what he promised, as some people think. Rather, he is patient for your sake. He doesn't want to destroy anyone but wants all people to have an opportunity to turn to him and change the way they think and act.

The day of the Lord will come like a thief. On that day heaven will pass away with a roaring sound. Everything that makes up the universe will burn and be destroyed. The earth and everything that people have done on it will be exposed.

All these things will be destroyed in this way. So think of the kind of holy and godly lives you must live

as you look forward to the day of God and eagerly wait for it to come. When that day comes, heaven will be on fire and will be destroyed. Everything that makes up the universe will burn and melt.

But we look forward to what God has promised-a new heaven and a new earth-a place where everything that has God's approval lives.

Therefore, dear friends, with this to look forward to, make every effort to have him find you at peace, without [spiritual] stains or blemishes.

Think of our Lord's patience as an opportunity [for us] to be saved. This is what our dear brother Paul wrote to you about, using the wisdom God gave him.

He talks about this subject in all his letters. Some things in his letters are hard to understand. Ignorant people and people who aren't sure of what they believe distort what Paul says in his letters the same way they distort the rest of the Scriptures. These people will be destroyed.

Dear friends, you already know these things. So be on your guard not to be carried away by the deception of people who have no principles. Then you won't fall from your firm position.

But grow in the good will and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Glory belongs to him now and for that eternal day! Amen. ( 2 Peter 3: 3-18 ) God's Word Translation

while awaiting,..............................GOD'S FINAL ANSWER!!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,296,926 times
whew betsey,you can say that again!! it's not difficult to see all of it now either...'lovers of money'...look at all the bailouts,and the receivers even misspend that...giving themselves huge bonuses..cheating the public...and the gov't misspending our tax money...i could go on and on with all the legal ripoffs..
we're supposed to be 'tolerant' of wrongdoing in the name of peace..etccccccccc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity