U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:45 PM

43 posts, read 100,098 times

Advertisements

If you look hard enough you will always find what your looking for, even if its not really there.

Conspiracies included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 05:58 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,877,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, it is irritating. The ultra-right wing zionists are so full of hatred for others. I suppose it never entered their minds that God might be judging the U.S. for all the war crimes we've committed and for supporting Israel as they massacre the Palestinians and treat them like animals or less than animals in a cage. Vipers! Hypocrites!
Why do you express such outrage about injustices committed by Israel, and only Israel? I'm just curious why Israel and "ultra-right wing zionists" (as you call them) are such a focus of obsession-- considering the horrors that are being perpetrated by numerous governments all over the world every single day.

Might it have less to do with a any "general sense of moral outrage" on your part and perhaps more to do with anti-semitism?

Snippet:
This is an excerpt from a recent commentary by Ed Koch:

[i][font=Arial]I was requested by an e-mail writer to read the comments, published on February 8, 2010, of Pilar Rahola, a Spanish politician, journalist and activist. Spain today is one of the most hostile nations to Israel, probably because of its large Muslim population and economic contracts with the Muslim world. Ms. Rahola sums up her feelings with the following statement directed at those constantly assailing Israel.

Link:http://www.pilarrahola.com/3_0/ARTICULOS/default.cfm?ID=1838&SUBFAM=45

Last edited by june 7th; 06-27-2010 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Reformatted to comply with city-data's copyright rules.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:01 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,560,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Oil spill occurs one day after U.S. turns their backs on Israel!!!

Time to open your eyes to what is happening!!!

YouTube - EXCLUSIVE! OIL SPILL IN GULF - Hand of God? Connection to Israel?

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
It is sad some of the ideas about God that people can come up with.Just sad.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,425,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Why do you express such outrage about injustices committed by Israel, and only Israel? I'm just curious why Israel and "ultra-right wing zionists" (as you call them) are such a focus of obsession-- considering the horrors that are being perpetrated by numerous governments all over the world every single day.

Might it have less to do with a any "general sense of moral outrage" on your part and perhaps more to do with anti-semitism?

This is an excerpt from a recent commentary by Ed Koch:

I was requested by an e-mail writer to read the comments, published on February 8, 2010, of Pilar Rahola, a Spanish politician, journalist and activist. Spain today is one of the most hostile nations to Israel, probably because of its large Muslim population and economic contracts with the Muslim world. Ms. Rahola sums up her feelings with the following statement directed at those constantly assailing Israel. "Why, of all the worldís conflicts, only this one interests them? Why a tiny country which struggles to survive is criminalized? Why does the manipulated information triumph so easily? Why are all the people of Israel, reduced to a simple mass of murderous imperialists? Why is there no Palestinian guilt? Why is Arafat a hero and Sharon a monster? Finally, why when it is the only country in the world which is threatened with destruction, it is the only one that nobody considers a victim?"

Rahola then took on the "left" and its hostility to Israel, stating, "Today too, as yesterday, that left is hawking totalitarian ideologies, falls in love with dictators and, in its offensive against Israel, ignores the destruction of fundamental rights. It hates rabbis, but falls in love with imams; shouts against the Tsahal [Israeli Defense Forces], but applauds Hamasí terrorists; weeps for the Palestinian victims, but scorns the Jewish victims, and when it is touched by Palestinian children, it does it only if it can blame the Israelis. It will never denounce the culture of hatred, or its preparation for murder. A year ago, at AIPACís conference in Washington, I asked the following questions: Why donít we see demonstrations in Europe against the Islamic dictatorships? Why are there no demonstrations against the enslavement of millions of Muslim women? Why donít they declare against the use of bomb-carrying children in the conflicts in which Islam is involved? Why is the left only obsessed with fighting against two of the most solid democracies of the planet, those which have suffered the bloodiest terrorist attacks, the United States and Israel?...Because the left no longer has any ideas, only slogans. It no longer defends rights, but prejudices. And the greatest prejudice of all, is the one it has against Israel. I accuse, then, in a formal manner: the main responsibility of the new anti-Semite hatred, disguised as anti-Zionism, comes from those who should have to defend freedom, solidarity and progress. Far from it, they defend despots, forget their victims and remain silent before medieval ideologies which aim at the destruction of free societies. The treason of the left is an authentic treason against modernity."
..."Rahola then took on the "left" and its hostility to Israel, stating, "Today too, as yesterday, that left is hawking totalitarian ideologies, falls in love with dictators and, in its offensive against Israel, ignores the destruction of fundamental rights. It hates rabbis, but falls in love with imams; shouts against the Tsahal [Israeli Defense Forces], but applauds Hamasí terrorists; weeps for the Palestinian victims, but scorns the Jewish victims, and when it is touched by Palestinian children, it does it only if it can blame the Israelis. It will never denounce the culture of hatred, or its preparation for murder. A year ago, at AIPACís conference in Washington, I asked the following questions:

Why donít we see demonstrations in Europe against the Islamic dictatorships? Why are there no demonstrations against the enslavement of millions of Muslim women? Why donít they declare against the use of bomb-carrying children in the conflicts in which Islam is involved? Why is the left only obsessed with fighting against two of the most solid democracies of the planet, those which have suffered the bloodiest terrorist attacks, the United States and Israel?

...Because the left no longer has any ideas, only slogans. It no longer defends rights, but prejudices. And

the greatest prejudice of all, is the one it has against Israel.

I accuse, then, in a formal manner: the main responsibility of the new anti-Semite hatred, disguised as anti-Zionism, comes from those who should have to defend freedom, solidarity and progress. Far from

they defend despots, forget their victims and remain silent before medieval ideologies which aim at the destruction of free societies. The treason of the left is an authentic treason against modernity."

Amen! DreamingSpires!...An excellant Post!

Old 06-27-2010, 06:16 PM

13,844 posts, read 14,674,055 times
you can't be serious first off "god" who was supposed to have created the beauty of the world is gonna destroy parts of it with oil, in the process take away the wages and businesses of innocent people? secondly what makes you so certain the Us 'supposedly" turning it's back on israel would be the reason? maybe he did it because he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. you people who think this stuff give christians a bad rep with your crazy talk

Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,877,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you can't be serious first off "god" who was supposed to have created the beauty of the world is gonna destroy parts of it with oil, in the process take away the wages and businesses of innocent people? secondly what makes you so certain the Us 'supposedly" turning it's back on israel would be the reason? maybe he did it because he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. you people who think this stuff give christians a bad rep with your crazy talk
Uh....perhaps because the "Bible tells us so"?

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed--Genesis 12:3

Pesky little verse that is.

I suppose if you really wanted to though you could take a big fat black "sharpie" and cross it out.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:27 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,913,084 times
Here is an example of how in promoting one idea ("god did this and god did that because....") backfires and only create MORE questions than answers.

In 2004 (I think) Hurricane Ivan had just battered the island of Grenada and was on its way toward Jamaica with winds somewhere over 150 miles per hour. Kingston, Jamaica was in its direct path. As a person closely tied to Jamaica (I was born in the Virgin Islands, however), I was following the news about it. I was listening to ministers talking about god was about to judge Jamaica for her sins (one of the world's murder capitals). Frantic callers were calling in losing their minds and echoing the sentiments of the ministers. As a result, there was a cry for people to pray (Jamaicans, like many other black Caribbean folks, are DEEPLY religious and superstitious) for god's mercy.

Well, a strange thing happened. Hurricane Ivan, made a sudden, inexplicable (at the time) dip to the south of Jamaica as opposed to an expected devastating diagonal crossing over the island which caused the hurricane to only give the island a glancing blow. Calls of jubilation rushed into the radio stations as people started crediting the prayers of the people for diverting the storm. Some saw this as a confirmation that Jamaica was a favored nation in "Jah's" (god's) eyes.

So Ivan went on to pummel the Cayman Islands, northwestern Florida and eventually became a super rain storm that flooded the Appalachian areas, heading out to sea, drifted south to Florida, crossed the state, emerged in the Gulf of Mexico and died out in Texas.

Notice how the Jamaicans, through their religious filters, interpreted the storm. When they thought they were goners, it would have been god's doing because of all the bloodshed. When they were spared, it was god's doing because of all the prayers and yet the island went on to have a record breaking year in murders. There was no thought about Grenada, another Caribbean island with just as much praying Christians or even the Cayman Islands. What was THEIR reason for not being spared despite Grenada being far less violent than Jamaica? These are the things people don't think about when they starting talking about this sign and that sign. Nature is nature. It does strange and wondrous things. It cares not whether we are around or not. Man can compound things by his greed and lack of foresight.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:28 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,913,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Uh....perhaps because the "Bible tells us so"?

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed--Genesis 12:3

Pesky little verse that is.

I suppose if you really wanted to though you could take a big fat black "sharpie" and cross it out.
When did the U.S curse Israel? Did I miss the ceremony?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:32 PM

13,574 posts, read 21,732,062 times
I do not believe the oil spill was an act of God seeking revenge or judgement on any of us..I believe it was an act of the negligence, greed, etc of man..We seem quite capable of creating our own messes all by ourselves
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 06-27-2010, 06:44 PM

13,293 posts, read 12,807,499 times
Since it happened on 4/20 isn't it just as likely that your god was doing it because he's a big fan of cannabis and is sick of the War on Drugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or