U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:18 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,572,360 times

Advertisements

Well, as logically as it may sound to those that contest the connection, I cannot help wonder about those with the mark of the beast during the great tribulation in how they do not repent in spite of all the bowls of wrath being poured out upon them. Would they blame it on global warming or some other scientific explanation even though at the same time, they will curse God for it?

Does anyone blame God for the stuff happening in the world now even though they will profess elsewhere that it was some natural explainable thing just so to ease their minds and continue living as they have been always?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 08:25 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,907,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
I see. Thanks for clarifying. To be honest, I didn't even know Obama had said anything about Israel. I don't usually pay too much attention to the details of the news these days. Too depressing. But I remembered reading that verse a few days ago, and it was enlightening to me. It made me realize that all these natural disasters - earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, fires, etc. - aren't God's punishment for our sins.
Exactly! I'm not saying this because I am NOT a Christian either. Christian or not, it is simple logic. All of the above have been going on long BEFORE man arrived on this planet and will continue whether we are here or not. In fact, they have ALL had a hand in shaping the planet we now inhabit. We just happen to get in the way or try to harness nature's power and course to our own eventual demise.

I posted a quote from the great Robert Ingersoll around here somewhere. He said that our ignorance manifests itself in the need for gods in order to explain the unknown and mysterious, but science makes previous mysteries foregone answered conclusions so we can KNOW for fact.

Here is how it works and I will use the bible and biblical characters as an example as biblical writers were also products of ignorant times. When King Saul became jealous of David, his mood naturally changed toward the young man. Saul probably was a manic depressive or just began to suffer from boughts of depression. Those are things we know today because of what? Science! Now, do you think the ancient writer knew of any such medical conditions? So how does he interpret Saul's behavior? He writes that Saul's behavior was a DIRECT result of god sending an 'evil spirit' to torment him. First of all, who informed the writer of this invisible spirit tormenting Saul? Did he see it? Did god let him in on the secret? Would you like to believe that your god torments people with evil spirits just to get back at them? Of course not! This is the dilemma [SOME] Christians place themselves in when they start to attribute all kinds of NATURAL occurences and breakdowns in nature to their god.

To the ancient writer, he attributed "god" to his IGNORANCE, but if he lived today and educated himself about such things, what would he say? Of course, there are some who try to skirt around the obvious problem of inserting "god" and rather, pin such things on the devil and demons. That too poses its own share of problems when you begin to go that route.

It really does NOT take rocket science. I mean, it really doesn't. *sigh*

Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 AM

20 posts, read 29,732 times
[/quote]
IF ISRAEL GOES DOWN WE ALL GO DOWN.

For Western countries to side with those who question Israel’s legitimacy, for them to play games in international bodies with Israel’s vital security issues, for them to appease those who oppose Western values rather than robustly to stand up in defence of those values, is not only a grave moral mistake, but a strategic error of the first magnitude.

Israel is a fundamental part of the West. The West is what it is thanks to its Judeo-Christian roots. If the Jewish element of those roots is upturned and Israel is lost, then we are lost too. Whether we like it or not, our fate is inextricably intertwined.

READ MORE....

World Jewish Congress - OPINION - José María Aznar: If Israel goes down, we all go down
[/quote]

Israel does not even like us. They don't like Jesus. The rejected God by rejecting Jesus.

If Israel does not behave and we don't behave. We all, will perish. It's not about our relationship with Israel. It's about our relationship with God.

The new Israel is the church of Jesus Christ. Israel was taken away from their land and their temple was destroyed for prosecuting The church on the year 70.

By all these things, we understand that the second coming of The Lord is approaching. All we need, it is to take the gospel to as many as we can including Israel, and live a holy life according to the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:03 AM

16,300 posts, read 24,959,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
It's pretty obvious how you really feel toward your neighbor in all your posting..... which is quite the contradiction of what one who really in their heart says they believe and loves God !!!
And your belief is that if you disagree with someone, your god wants you to resort to personal attacks and insults, or is it just the knee jerk attack that often occurs when facts conflict with beliefs?

Either way it is very unbecoming for a self professed christian to behave.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:51 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,262,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And your belief is that if you disagree with someone, your god wants you to resort to personal attacks and insults, or is it just the knee jerk attack that often occurs when facts conflict with beliefs?

Either way it is very unbecoming for a self professed christian to behave.
LOL.... insult, personal attack, knee jerk attack
How do you know what I believe..... to say that poster and I don't agree to make such a judgment call ????
My post has nothing to do with whether the individual believes as I do.... Yet, Christian or not, does that post sound loving for anyone to say ??? Here I brought it back for you to reread....... I believe it is called RESPECT toward other people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yeah, I was wondering that too. So pathetic to think that whatever happens to the STATE of ISRAEL determines what God does to us with blessings and cursing! An entire movement was built by the right wing Christian bigots on one verse from the Old Testament - it's too incredible how crazy people are with religion. I'm a UR believer- but I truly do hope that they hypocrites have to pay what they owe to the very last farthing.
I believe many were attacked by the ^^^ above post !!!

And yes, when someone claims to be a BELIEVER in Jesus Christ as the poster above confesses and then is making such ugly remarks through out the forum toward other people on a continuous basis that the poster supposeably says she loves, yet wishes malice, harm, ill-will toward others, yup, you bet I'm going to point out...... has nothing to do with whether this individual and I agree upon the word of God.... it's the attitude that is very unbecoming for ANYONE, I would say, a believer or not.
It is rude, unkind, and bashing other people and if you agree with that poster it truly does not say much about your self..... now does it ????

Old 06-28-2010, 10:14 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,760,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
And yes, when someone claims to be a BELIEVER in Jesus Christ as the poster above confesses and then is making such ugly remarks through out the forum toward other people on a continuous basis that the poster supposeably says she loves, yet wishes malice, harm, ill-will toward others, yup, you bet I'm going to point out...... has nothing to do with whether this individual and I agree upon the word of God.... it's the attitude that is very unbecoming for ANYONE, I would say, a believer or not.
It is rude, unkind, and bashing other people and if you agree with that poster it truly does not say much about your self..... now does it ????
That might be believable if you were consistent with who you call out for using "personal attacks". However, I speak in generalities with my insults, unlike certain people around here who tell people flat out "You're going to hell because you disagree with me." And once again, I DO hope God repays the religious hypocrites, since as the scripture says vengeance is his and he shall repay.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,582,763 times
Coincidence? NOO!! Not even YOU unbelievers of the gospel of Jesus Christ reading THIS right now, are here because of coincidence! You're here because you're seeking for something, for truth!

You're heart's are crying out...unbeknownst to even some of YOU! Yet, you're here and I applaud you for your efforts, but really..don't you think it's high time you stop fighting with your hearts and let God take over that inner battle you're wrestling with?

It's TIME people!! Really it is! Look around you! The curtains about to close... Forget logic! It's bigger that what your minds can even perceive people! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to "see" we've gone beyond the boundaries of what we thought we could control, but not for the lack of trying though! It's now in the hands of the MASTER!! And it will be wise for you, yes YOU, to follow suit......

Betsey

Old 06-28-2010, 10:23 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,262,279 times
Quote:
That might be believable if you were consistent with who you call out for using "personal attacks". However, I speak in generalities with my insults, unlike certain people around here who tell people flat out "You're going to hell because you disagree with me." And once again, I DO hope God repays the religious hypocrites, since as the scripture says vengeance is his and he shall repay.
O-Kay.....
God also says one reaps what they sow !!! I believe the world calls it Karma....
Oh, yeah, just a friendly reminder, God hates a gossiper !!!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:29 AM

13,819 posts, read 14,650,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I would gladly talk about any of your links. which one in particular would you like me to start with?

perhaps I am in the wrong thread, isn't this the one where some posters think the oil spill is because the US admin "turned" it's back on israel and god is punishing the gulf because of it by the oil spill?

it isn't about antisemitism if you question some of the wrong israel has done in their part of the world it is the other side to the story. do you completely disregard the bad they have done?

do they get a pass

dreaming spires......... just wondering if you will ever address this question?

do you think israel should get a pass for all that they have done?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:30 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,582,763 times
Quote:
No...no more insults, whether personal OR generalities, please. Neither is conducive to the Kngdom of God! There's so much work to be done, amen? Besides, Don't you have a song in your heart you'd rather share? I'd like to hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or