U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:38 AM

5,966 posts, read 2,865,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
No...no more insults, whether personal OR generalities, please. Neither is conducive to the Kngdom of God! There's so much work to be done, amen? Besides, Don't you have a song in your heart you'd rather share? I'd like to hear it.
You might want to repeat that again to your ET friends who continuously not only insult people around here, but condemn them to hell as well.

Yes, I do have a song in my heart. Read the thread titled "Hope Beyond Hell"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:57 AM

4,271 posts, read 3,595,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You might want to repeat that again to your ET friends who continuously not only insult people around here, but condemn them to hell as well.

Yes, I do have a song in my heart. Read the thread titled "Hope Beyond Hell"
"To your ET friends"...don't you know when to QUIT? I like this thread and don't want it closed. Okay, I'll tell my ET friend to stop. ET friend? Please stop? Better? Can we move on now......

So that we not mistakenly think the Jews are a special race outside of the honor afforded them through God, we must consider that the Jews are not God's chosen people through any merit of their own, but because He loves them as a nation:

The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: Deuteronomy 7:7-8

We gentile Christians are sinners, as also the Jews are sinners, and we all, gentile and Jew, are in need of redemption.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3;23

Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 PM

4,271 posts, read 3,595,573 times
Nevertheless, God's commitment to Israel IS eternal and will not fail!!

As great as was their calling, so too, great is the cost of their failing in that calling, as Moses warned the children of Israel it would be.

But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee...(Deuteronomy 28:15-68)

The Jews (as all of us) have rebelled, sinned, and for a time, have turned their back on God, yet in His love for Israel, God did not make a complete end of them:

Therefore say, Thus says the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come. ( Ezekiel 11:16)

Therefore say, Thus says the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. (Ezekiel 11:17)

Yes, God does love Israel, and the Jewish people all over the world are His chosen ones. HE SAID THIS and ORDAINED IT TO BE SO!....................................FINAL ANSWER!!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 PM

16,311 posts, read 14,185,814 times
Quote:
Coincidence? NOO!! Not even YOU unbelievers of the gospel of Jesus Christ reading THIS right now, are here because of coincidence! You're here because you're seeking for something, for truth!
You give yourself and beliefs waaaay too much credit. It is more a morbid curiosity to view the how people delude themselves with the nonsense of religion.

Personally I find the levels to which many here believe in this nonsense down right scary, not that I care what you do in your own life, but in the fact you vote and legislate your nonsense upon all.

And clearly the truth will not be found, not even close, as truth is the enemy of religion.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,629,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You give yourself and beliefs waaaay too much credit. It is more a morbid curiosity to view the how people delude themselves with the nonsense of religion.

Personally I find the levels to which many here believe in this nonsense down right scary, not that I care what you do in your own life, but in the fact you vote and legislate your nonsense upon all.

And clearly the truth will not be found, not even close, as truth is the enemy of religion.
Why are you here? Just curiosity?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:12 PM

34,761 posts, read 12,143,458 times
Quote:
Okay, I'll tell my ET friend to stop. ET friend? Please stop? Better? Can we move on now......
Why Betsy, WHY??

Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why Betsy, WHY??
LOL Whenever people write ET, I always think of him. Thanks for the laugh

Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:

Yes, God does love Israel, and the Jewish people all over the world are His chosen ones. HE SAID THIS and ORDAINED IT TO BE SO!....................................FINAL ANSWER!!
Good, so let this god support them, he can do it, he's all powerful, right?
I am sick and tired of the US taxpayer being fleeced to support the murder of Palestinian children, or their parents, or their grandparents.

And I really hate to burst your bubble, but you don't have the final answer. You have a passage from a book, a book of fables and urban legend, tainted by the men that wrote it, and edited an untold number of times.

Christians are "editing" history books in Texas today, do you really believe that your book hasn't been so polluted with the delusions of people with agendas over the centuries?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Why are you here? Just curiosity?
Actually looking at your username here, I'd ask you the same question

Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Actually looking at your username here, I'd ask you the same question
CantWait2Leave Los Angeles

I created this account long before I even knew there was a Christianity board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity