U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,959,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
CantWait2Leave Los Angeles

I created this account long before I even knew there was a Christianity board.
Now that I can understand, but in this forum it sure makes one wonder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:38 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,876,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"To your ET friends"...don't you know when to QUIT? I like this thread and don't want it closed. Okay, I'll tell my ET friend to stop. ET friend? Please stop? Better? Can we move on now......

So that we not mistakenly think the Jews are a special race outside of the honor afforded them through God, we must consider that the Jews are not God's chosen people through any merit of their own, but because He loves them as a nation:

The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: Deuteronomy 7:7-8

We gentile Christians are sinners, as also the Jews are sinners, and we all, gentile and Jew, are in need of redemption.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3;23
Great post. You really nailed it.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,582,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Actually looking at your username here, I'd ask you the same question
Be nice. You yourself knows, that it's not the people, but the message you're attacking. God loves you too Asheville Native!! Come on!! Come experience the joy that we have, it's available to all! There's so much of it to go around!

Take my hand..... come on, you can do it....

Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,508,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Oil spill occurs one day after U.S. turns their backs on Israel!!!

Time to open your eyes to what is happening!!!

YouTube - EXCLUSIVE! OIL SPILL IN GULF - Hand of God? Connection to Israel?

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Whatever it is, the co-incidences occur as Mental interpretations: i.e. the spill in the Gulf of Mexico's causing oil rushing in the bottom of the ocean is something subjective to contend about. Co-incidence that BP is wasting it's money and good responsibility to the new Hope. The hand of God is the U.S. rather doing the right thing.

Yaah....I know the Christian idea is all about successful walling out and in.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 PM

13,819 posts, read 14,650,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
dreaming spires......... just wondering if you will ever address this question?

do you think israel should get a pass for all that they have done?

I guess ignoring the question and setting a new status has answered this question.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Quote:
I guess ignoring the question and setting a new status has answered this question.
I hear what you are saying , although i am pro Israel myself, it does not mean they are exempt from being called out when they are in the wrong .

Old 06-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I hear what you are saying , although i am pro Israel myself, it does not mean they are exempt from being called out when they are in the wrong .

thank you. I am as well.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,876,458 times
Quote:
dreaming spires......... just wondering if you will ever address this question?

do you think israel should get a pass for all that they have done?
You have a tremendous amount of cheek to demand answers from people whose posts you respond to with nothing but rude flippancy and intellecual vapidity.

But I will answer this particular question, not because you demand it, but simply because I happen to feel like it--which means that I guess today happens to be your lucky day.

Answer

I think Israel as a nation should be held to the same moral standards as every other nation on earth. As Betsy Lane so eloquently wrote:

So that we not mistakenly think the Jews are a special race outside of the honor afforded them through God, we must consider that the Jews are not God's chosen people through any merit of their own, but because He loves them as a nation:

The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: Deuteronomy 7:7-8

We gentile Christians are sinners, as also the Jews are sinners, and we all, gentile and Jew, are in need of redemption.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:13 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,543 times
I am amazed at the attacks on Israel.... Maybe all the Europeans ought to get the heck out of the USA because the Europeans displaced a whole bunch of people and carried out many many massacres. Forced a native population onto reservations and to this day have been occupiers of a land that was not theirs.

Talk about having blinders on......

History is full of displacements and migrations.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
You have a tremendous amount of cheek to demand answers from people whose posts you respond to with nothing but rude flippancy and intellecual vapidity.

But I will answer this particular question, not because you demand it, but simply because I happen to feel like it--which means that I guess today happens to be your lucky day.

Answer

I think Israel as a nation should be held to the same moral standards as every other nation on earth. As Betsy Lane so eloquently wrote:

thank you I did not demand anything, just asked repeatedly as you seem to avoid answering when I have answered all your questions and even offered to read and discuss any link you provided. seemed fair enough to ask the question.

my answers have never been flippant or vapid. you may think they are because I dare question you or have a different point of view. you are easily offended if thats the case. that was never how my answers were intended.

as beautiful a sentiment as betsy's quote is it really doesn't answer the question in particular does it? just says all men sin and are in need of redemption. seems pretty vague
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or