U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 PM

13,844 posts, read 14,677,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I am amazed at the attacks on Israel.... Maybe all the Europeans ought to get the heck out of the USA because the Europeans displaced a whole bunch of people and carried out many many massacres. Forced a native population onto reservations and to this day have been occupiers of a land that was not theirs.

Talk about having blinders on......

History is full of displacements and migrations.

can you point out which posts in particular in this thread attack israel? or are poster just questioning israels actions that make you think they are being attacked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM

528 posts, read 686,170 times
Umm - Hit me up side the head & call me corn bread, BUT don't we have to be at odds with Isreal for the antichrist to rise & sign the peace treaty with Isreal that marks the sign of his reign? I'm just asking & maybe my teaching was wrong, but that's what I was taught. I'm a believer, I pray for Isreal, and I see the signs, but didn't Jesus tell us to think these things not strange for the hour draws near? Personally when I think of rapture, and fullfilment - I'm like okay Lord - you spoke it in your word. Your will be done.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:50 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,587,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Umm - Hit me up side the head & call me corn bread, BUT don't we have to be at odds with Israel for the anti-Christ to rise & sign the peace treaty with Israel that marks the sign of his reign? I'm just asking & maybe my teaching was wrong, but that's what I was taught. I'm a believer, I pray for Israel, and I see the signs, but didn't Jesus tell us to think these things not strange for the hour draws near? Personally when I think of rapture, and fulfillment - I'm like okay Lord - you spoke it in your word. Your will be done.

Absolutely! We've said it time and time again...EVERYTHING that you desire, need, want to know about what's coming next, it's all in there people! ALL of it! The hours is near....even at the door! What is it, YOU just "can't believe it's happening in YOUR lifetime? Never thought YOU would live to see these days? REJOICE!! Count it all joy! We're almost there I tell you!!

It's time to get busy people! Let's put aside me, and you for a moment and help bring em in!! Get out your trumpets.....sound the alarm! God will do the sorting out, amen?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:27 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,725,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post

2004 Tsunami - God did it because those heathens over there needed a wake up call
Or some plates shifted.
Quote:
2005 Katrina - God did it because New Orleans is a city full of sin
or because the French thought building a city below sea level in a hurricane zone was a good idea - at the time...
Quote:
2010 Haiti earthquake - God did it because Haitians are the scum of the earth...err, devil worshipers.
Scum of the devil worshipers? That's pretty low.
Quote:
2010 oil spill - God did it because the U.S refused to endorse Israel's over reaction or aggression.
Or maybe it was a procedural or mechanical failure?
Quote:
What are we going to hear next...the U.S lost to Ghana in the World Cup because of the Gay Pride parade in New York today?
Now that one actually makes sense. Hit 'em where it hurts!
Quote:
Let me know if any of you need to report the post, by the way.
I'm reporting to you that I need to report this post. But it's not about what I need - so I'm not going to report it.

BTW - you forgot one. Solar activity is flaring up because Al "global warming" Gore had an affair.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:56 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,767,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Good, so let this god support them, he can do it, he's all powerful, right?
I am sick and tired of the US taxpayer being fleeced to support the murder of Palestinian children, or their parents, or their grandparents.

And I really hate to burst your bubble, but you don't have the final answer. You have a passage from a book, a book of fables and urban legend, tainted by the men that wrote it, and edited an untold number of times.

Christians are "editing" history books in Texas today, do you really believe that your book hasn't been so polluted with the delusions of people with agendas over the centuries?
I have to say, what Texas is doing to textbooks is ridiculous. And I agree - I'm tired of supporting Israel. They are the only ones in the middle east who are allowed to have as many nukes as they want with no pressure from the community of nations to declare what they have. It's a huge double standard. The State of Israel is largely secular with many "Atheist/Jews" which is an oxymoron (IMO). Judaism is a religion, not a race. And the people in Israel are not elusively SEMITES. Many Muslims are also SEMITES.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
can you point out which posts in particular in this thread attack israel? or are poster just questioning israels actions that make you think they are being attacked?
Exactly. To question Israel in any way is always described as an ATTACK or as ANTI-SEMITISM by default. It's completely irrational.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,299,867 times
IMO God made the earth,inc. what's under the ocean,the way it is for a reason.And we are not to mess with it!!! that's what this oil spill is 'saying' to us,IMO...that earth is mighty and it is not a force to be reckoned with!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:32 PM

13,844 posts, read 14,677,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
IMO God made the earth,inc. what's under the ocean,the way it is for a reason.And we are not to mess with it!!! that's what this oil spill is 'saying' to us,IMO...that earth is mighty and it is not a force to be reckoned with!!!
the earth wouldn't be saying anything w/the oil spill if man had not screwed up

Old 06-29-2010, 12:14 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,299,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the earth wouldn't be saying anything w/the oil spill if man had not screwed up
exactly! when humans start messing with mother earth and nature,the results can be disastrous.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Actually looking at your username here, I'd ask you the same question
Patience is a virtue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or