Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:49 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,750,110 times

Advertisements

Since i was young,i have always had christian influences.
Had family that would buy me christian books and basically..
Learned most of the bible from a kids version.been to different..
Churchs off and on.Lately in the past 6 months seems like..
I have more doubts than i have ever had.
Always had a tiny doubt in my mind but nothing like recently.
These thoughts of doubt pop into my mind at times when..
Hearing/reading about Faith.
I asked for him to be in my life maybe 6-9 months ago and..
It seemed like it made me feel different,more calm,etc
But the feeling got less and less and i kind of got off the path.
I ve thought maybe this is an outside influence,but im not quick..
To say its "The devil" putting more doubts into my mind.
I feel guilty for these doubts even though im the type of person..
That believes in questioning things and reading up.

Last edited by averagejoe76; 06-28-2010 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,413,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I asked from him to be in my life maybe 6-9 months ago and..

God's is calling His children in.....now, for such a time as this. Maybe they're not so much doubts, but a "quickening of your spirit" to renew that relationship with Him. I understand that this life we're called to lead in Christ is not one without trials, and boy don't we have em huh? But we're almost close to the finish line and now it's not the time to lose sight of the prize, you hear me?

You said you kinda got off the path....I understand. I too have strayed from the faith in times pass, still struggle at times. Yet we know, it's not how you fall......but how you get up! I say rise in the name of the Lord Jesus! Press your way through...no matter what! Cry out to Him and in doing so, I promise you, He'll answer. He did it for me and I KNOW HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU!!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,912,066 times
Quote:
I asked from him to be in my life maybe 6-9 months ago and..

Your guilt is falsely imposed by false religious influences. Keep questioning and searching and living your life the best you can and you will find what you know to be right in your heart.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Your guilt is falsely imposed by false religious influences. Keep questioning and searching and living your life the best you can and you will find what you know to be right in your heart.
Excuse me, but how in the hell do YOU know what this 'guilt' that he speaks of, is "imposed by"? Stop, before you start......please!! Is that' all he "needs to do" according to your standards? Question and search and live his life the best he can and he'll find what he know to be right in his heart? That's it? Isn't that what he's doing now? "Living his life"? Do you see anything wrong with this picture?

No!! There's more!! The life that he lives needs to be more than HIS! It needs to be up to par, to the STANDARDS of the Living God! So that it become no longer what he knows, thinks, perceive as right, but what GOD SAYS IS TRUTH!! Now....that's the making of a fine Christian! Amen?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:15 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,750,110 times
I appreciate the input from both of you.
Lets not turn this into a Christian VS Athiest debate.
I dont see myself losing my faith.Just wondering why so much doubt now?
Im not sure why i would have guilt,i wasnt raised really christian or had it drilled into me.
I chose to learn more about it as a adult.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,213,610 times
Quote:
Im not sure why i would have guilt,i wasnt raised really christian or had it drilled into me.
Satan wants us to doubt God. Trust the Lord completely. He is the Way and the Truth and the Life. God bless you.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:21 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,213,610 times
Resist the temptation to doubt God. I'll be praying for you.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I posted before I saw this. I will respect your wishes. No, it's not an Christian -vs- Atheist debate. (I thought we were both saved.) I'm happy to hear that you're not losing faith! Why so much doubt? Satan attacks all, but especially those who belongs to Christ. You're a child of God! You know that, right. The battle for the souls have intensified. Satan know that his time is short, you understand?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 PM

8,108 posts, read 6,851,897 times
hi avereagejoe,

Doubt: a feeling of uncertainty about the truth, reality, or nature of something. To be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.

Doubt is good.
Doubt leads to questioning.
Questioning leads to seeking.
Seeking leads to knowledge.
(Just my humble opinion.)

I think you're on the right track, friend.
I would just say to look at what it is you have doubts about specificially and take it from there.

I hope that wasn't too vague for you.
I believe in God and am a believer in universal reconciliation, which means I believe God's plan is all encompassing. I believe His plan is 100% perfect and that evil (non-love) will be wholly destroyed once and for all within all of us and that Jesus Christ IS the saviour of ALL mankind. (just to give you a little background of where I'm coming from. I understand you may not agree with my beliefs, of course, but I think it's a good thing to give folks your perspective whenever possible.)

As for me on my journey over here, "doubt" played a role in pushing me forward and giving me courage to question and tear things apart and look at them. I'm ever grateful to God for introducing me to my good friend "doubt" for causing those first questions to start surfacing in my heart and in my spirit. "Guilt"? hmm. well he had a slight role in the beginning, but he turned to dust the more I tore things apart and looked at them.

Hope that makes sense.

Peace,
sparrow

Old 06-28-2010, 12:40 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,912,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You "know" absolutely nothing! All Christians go through a maturing process known as "putting off the old man"! Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; (Col 3:9) And in doing so..we put on the new man! It's a maturing process!! A work of the Holy Spirit!

Now...if this is "religious nonsense to YOU, my God have mercy on anything else YOU will spew out of YOUR mouth! I'll be praying for you too, amen?

Love, Betsey

You are not arguing against anything I have said with this post, I am telling you that if a person who as Averagejoe has described himself is feeling guilty then any guilt he has is from false religious influences.

I do know this, because anyone seeking and questioning and studying need not be feeling guilty but hopeful, so your spew is nonsense and God will have mercy, because God is merciful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity