Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,212,194 times

Advertisements

I never knew the history of this doctrine. Had I known it came from an 1830 “prophetess” I would have ignored it a lot sooner.
http://reformedonline.com/view/refor...ne/rapture.htm

Last edited by hilgi; 06-28-2010 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: format
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 01:00 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I never knew the history of this doctrine. Had I known it came from an 1830 “prophetess” I would have ignored it a lot sooner.
Is the Pretribulation Rapture Theory Biblical?
The doctrine of the rapture did not originate with anyone. Quite simply, the raptured church is seen in Heaven in Revelation 19:7-8. Both John 14:2-3 and 1 Thess 3:13-17 address the event. If you don't like the word 'rapture', then call it the 'catching up', or the 'snatching away'.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The doctrine of the rapture did not originate with anyone. Quite simply, the raptured church is seen in Heaven in Revelation 19:7-8. Both John 14:2-3 and 1 Thess 3:13-17 address the event. If you don't like the word 'rapture', then call it the 'catching up', or the 'snatching away'.
Show me where it was preached or taught prior to 1830.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam, told of the rapture which was to come, before the tribulation in Enoch chapter 50, and he wrote of it before the flood.
Enoch was also raptured as the firstborn seed of Christ the Livng Spirit, who was to come and is come in flesh, as Jesus the Christ. Enoch's rapture is a type of the rapture of the Watching and praying believers in Jesus, who obey Jesus and watch and pray that they may be counted worthy to escape all the things coming on the whole inhabited world in the tribulation, and to stand before the Son of Man in heaven, as Moses wrote in the oracles, as adopted sons of God, dressed in their garments of glory -which is the regenerated body of flesh clothing their cleansed by the blood souls who are adopted in the Spirit of regeneration.

Moses wrote of it in the Living Oracles.

The Psalmist David and the prophets after Moses wrote of it, in the oracles.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Enoch, the seventh from Adam, before the flood:

1 Enoch chapter 50
And in those days a change shall take place for the holy and elect,
And the light of days shall abide upon them,
And glory and honour shall turn to the holy,
2On the day of affliction on which evil shall have been treasured up against the sinners.
And the righteous shall be victorious in the name of the Lord of Spirits:
And He will cause the others to witness this
That they may repent
And forgo the works of their hands.
3They shall have no honour through the name of the Lord of Spirits,
Yet through His name shall they be saved,
And the Lord of Spirits will have compassion on them,
For His compassion is great.
4And He is righteous also in His judgement,
And in the presence of His glory unrighteousness also shall not maintain itself:
At His judgement the unrepentant shall perish before Him.
5And from henceforth I will have no mercy on them, saith the Lord of Spirits.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I just did. I gave you the scriptures that speak of the rapture. You should do yourself a favor and study the subject of dispensations. Dispensations are the framework on which God administers His plan. And the dispensation of the Church is terminated by the rapture.

You can start with this old thread of mine.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ons-bible.html

Old 06-28-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
The Hebrew word is "laqach". Enoch walked with God and was not [found] for God took/laqach Him.
The "laqach" before the judgment comes on all the inhabitants of the world during the tribulation is also seen in Psalm 75:2,3, in the Hebrew. The English translated it "receive", in that passage.

The "Laqach" of the saints of the LORD are called to the gathering together unto Him as in Psalm 50, by the two heavenly trumpets sounding twice together to call the entire congretaion to appear before His doors, as typed by the two silver trumpets in the oracles, in Numbers 10:1-7.

At the time of the trumpets oracled by Moses sounding at the time Jesus gives the call for the gathering together to Him, in Psalm 50, the dead will rise first, as the elders of Numbers 10, gathering together to Him before His true, heavenly temple doors, and the second blast of the two will call all the living saints to the gathering together unto Him, before His doors of the heavenly temple -in the "air", and they will go in, shut the doors behind them, as Isaiah 26:19-21 oracles, and celebrate the consecration to priesthood as adopted fully perfected/garmented sons of the Firstborn, as Leviticus 8 oracles, and they willl celebrate for seven "days", behind the shut doors, as Isaiah 26 and Leviticus 8 teach, by the oracles.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
And the dispensation of the Church is terminated by the rapture.
It really cranks up with the Revelation of Jesus Christ, and it's not God's practice to remove His people from trials, but to bring them through triumphantly. See the children of Israel.

Quote:
Here's mine:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...us-christ.html

Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I just did. I gave you the scriptures that speak of the rapture. You should do yourself a favor and study the subject of dispensations. Dispensations are the framework on which God administers His plan. And the dispensation of the Church is terminated by the rapture.

You can start with this old thread of mine.

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/771235-dispensations-bible.html
Then why was it not preached until 1830?

Old 06-28-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The Hebrew word is "laqach". Enoch walked with God and was not [found] for God took/laqach Him.
The "laqach" before the judgment comes on all the inhabitants of the world during the tribulation is also seen in Psalm 75:2,3, in the Hebrew. The English translated it "receive", in that passage.

The "Laqach" of the saints of the LORD are called to the gathering together unto Him as in Psalm 50, by the two heavenly trumpets sounding twice together to call the entire congretaion to appear before His doors, as typed by the two silver trumpets in the oracles, in Numbers 10:1-7.

At the time of the trumpets oracled by Moses sounding at the time Jesus gives the call for the gathering together to Him, in Psalm 50, the dead will rise first, as the elders of Numbers 10, gathering together to Him before His true, heavenly temple doors, and the second blast of the two will call all the living saints to the gathering together unto Him, before His doors of the heavenly temple -in the "air", and they will go in, shut the doors behind them, as Isaiah 26:19-21 oracles, and celebrate the consecration to priesthood as adopted fully perfected/garmented sons of the Firstborn, as Leviticus 8 oracles, and they willl celebrate for seven "days", behind the shut doors, as Isaiah 26 and Leviticus 8 teach, by the oracles.
Thanks yeshuasavedme.

Laqach: accept, bring, carry away, drawn, fetch, get, captured, caught, seized, take.

And that's what the rapture is. To be seized, carried away, taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity