Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:13 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,213,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

They asked: "Lord, are there few that be saved?" He answered simply:

"Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and not be able."

Jesus Himself

Fair enough....I'll say so!!
It's interesting that they ask, "Lord, are there few that will be saved?" instead of asking, "Lord will many be saved?". I believe they asked if few will be saved because that is what Christ had been teaching them and they wanted to be sure of the answer.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
MysticPhD, will all due respect sir, PLEASE do not start with the UR/ET business!! There's more than enough of them ALREADY, (threads, that is...) I mean really...pick one, any one!!! The lines drawn in the sand and sides have been chosen. By now we all know the player's, who's on what side and whom the captain of each team is, amen? Let's move on from that alright?

There's nothing and I mean NOTHING in the OP that's a cause for disagreement! Re-read what is stated there and honestly ask yourself is there anything there that is a "cause" for contention.
Betsey
Don't be ridiculous, Betsey. The implication of the entire OP is that NOT ALL will be saved . . . which is preposterous and UR is completely on topic in opposition to it. There is nothing remotely "fair enough" about it.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:31 PM

697 posts, read 1,068,254 times
Quote:
It's not A UR/ET thread that's why! Clear enough?
What is it then?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:04 AM

723 posts, read 1,041,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
I just repped you cause that made me laugh!!

Last edited by june 7th; 06-30-2010 at 06:31 AM..

Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,102,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
I just repped you cause that made me laugh!!
I just repped you cause I thought it was cool that you repped Heartsong!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:06 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,413,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Exactly. And Betsy, please don't try to control how people respond. It is just too ridiculous when you do that. You are free to preach hell-fire all you want. And we are free to rebut it. If you don't like that, then don't bother posting in a Christian discussion forum.

Got it?
No, not control.....if I had that kind of "control"....the majority of YOU'S, would be saved by now! It's not a free for all UR-vs- ET thread. But obviously, you must feel like you always have to defend your garbage, so you make every single thread into a platform to stand on and spew your nonsense!!

But truth as it's posted in the original O.P. need not be defended, your very rebuttal of it, SPEAKS VOLUME!!

AGAIN.............

They asked: "Lord, are there few that be saved?" He answered simply:

"Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and not be able."

Jesus Himself

Take it up with the Master, your argument is NOT with me, you understand! FAIR ENOUGH?

Old 06-30-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Don't be ridiculous, Betsey. The implication of the entire OP is that NOT ALL will be saved . . . which is preposterous and UR is completely on topic in opposition to it. There is nothing remotely "fair enough" about it.
No, YOU don't be ridiculous, MysticPhD. You take up your arguments with God, let forget statement #1, and # 2.......

NUMBER #3. They asked: "Lord, are there few that be saved?" He answered simply:

Jesus Himself

Is this" implying" NOT ALL will be saved? Yes? I agree with you 100%!! No, make that 25,000 %!! Jesus Himself said it? Yes? AGAIN.....I'm in agreement with you!! Another 25,000%!! No, let's make this one 50,000%!! Cool with that?

So what the hell is the problem? IF HE SAID IT, HE ALSO MEANT IT!! And check this out......ready? THAT-ALONE-ALL-BY-ITSELF-MAKES IT FAIR!!

He's still God right?...................................FAIR ENOUGH!!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:29 AM

See.....it's not an argument people. It is, what it is and what it is..........HE SAID IT!! Your heavenly Father that you all adore, said it! We know He's fair, right? YES? So, it's fair enough!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:31 AM

723 posts, read 1,041,353 times
Quote:
See.....it's not an argument people. It is, what it is and what it is..........HE SAID IT!! Your heavenly Father that you all adore, said it! We know He's fair, right? YES? So, it's fair enough!
FAIR ENOUGH!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 06-30-2010, 03:24 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,593,512 times
Quote:
No, YOU don't be ridiculous, MysticPhD. You take up your arguments with God, let forget statement #1, and # 2.......

NUMBER #3. They asked: "Lord, are there few that be saved?" He answered simply:

Jesus Himself

Is this" implying" NOT ALL will be saved? Yes? I agree with you 100%!! No, make that 25,000 %!! Jesus Himself said it? Yes? AGAIN.....I'm in agreement with you!! Another 25,000%!! No, let's make this one 50,000%!! Cool with that?

So what the hell is the problem? IF HE SAID IT, HE ALSO MEANT IT!! And check this out......ready? THAT-ALONE-ALL-BY-ITSELF-MAKES IT FAIR!!

He's still God right?...................................FAIR ENOUGH!!
Okay then Betsy - we can say "it" is fair but what is "it"? You quote a verse and imply it means something which it doesn't (ie: eternal damnation for the majority of all humans ever created).

"Lord, are there few that be 'saved'?" The literal rendering is: "Are those being saved few?" The question relates entirely to the number then accepting Jesus' words (if you continue to read) "Lord" (they say) "we have eaten and drunk in your presence, and you have taught in our streets."

Very few survived the Gahenna judgment. It was more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah than for THAT generation upon whom (Jesus said) "all these things shall come". Why? God personally came to them in Jesus and they rejected him and were destroyed.

27 But He will say, "I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.' 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out. 29 They will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down in the kingdom of God.

So - they were IN the kingdom and were thrust out. That's because he is referring to the Israelite's covenantal standing. The natural branches were being cut off and the gentiles being grafted in.

It's explained even more fully here: "I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Who are the "sons of the Kingdom" who are cast out?

Rom. 11:15 "For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?"

This is the problem with the eternal hell doctrine which you are pushing here by spinning these fragments. There is no consideration given to whom the passages are spoken to or why.

I'm sure it's not your fault as preachers have been spinning these for hundreds of years and brainwashing the Christian populace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity