U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:58 AM

4,238 posts, read 654,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Okay then Betsy - we can say "it" is fair but what is "it"? You quote a verse and imply it means something which it doesn't (ie: eternal damnation for the majority of all humans ever created).

"Lord, are there few that be 'saved'?" The literal rendering is: "Are those being saved few?" The question relates entirely to the number then accepting Jesus' words (if you continue to read) "Lord" (they say) "we have eaten and drunk in your presence, and you have taught in our streets."

Very few survived the Gahenna judgment. It was more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah than for THAT generation upon whom (Jesus said) "all these things shall come". Why? God personally came to them in Jesus and they rejected him and were destroyed.

27 But He will say, "I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.' 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out. 29 They will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down in the kingdom of God.

So - they were IN the kingdom and were thrust out. That's because he is referring to the Israelite's covenantal standing. The natural branches were being cut off and the gentiles being grafted in.

It's explained even more fully here: "I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Who are the "sons of the Kingdom" who are cast out?

Rom. 11:15 "For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?"

This is the problem with the eternal hell doctrine which you are pushing here by spinning these fragments. There is no consideration given to whom the passages are spoken to or why.

I'm sure it's not your fault as preachers have been spinning these for hundreds of years and brainwashing the Christian populace.
Yep

Old 06-30-2010, 10:08 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,583,727 times
WHAT IS FAIR............

Definition of fair:

1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision a fair judge.
2. legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight.

Now ask yourselves.......IS GOD FAIR? What is fair to me? Choose one.....

1. What is fair is what favors me.

2. What is fair is what is Just.

3. None of the above

Assignments due today!
http://bestsmileys.com/school/2.gif (broken link)

Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 PM

159 posts, read 150,112 times
Quote:
Well I would say this is the answer. Now explain to me how is it Just to burn people who never heard of Jesus? Some people are born surrounded by Bibles. Some never see one. That's certainly biased and therefore unfair by your own definition.

It seems to be that most Christian's real definition of fair would be: Fair is whatever I think God says is fair

Old 06-30-2010, 02:39 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,672,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
WHAT IS FAIR............

Definition of fair:

2. legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight.

3. None of the above

Assignments due today!
A bias for or against a set kind is UNFAIR... God favoring only those who believe is a bias and UNFAIR according to your own post.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:18 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,558,313 times
Quote:
It's not A UR/ET thread that's why! Clear enough?

You mean you wanted an ET only thread in which no opposing viewpoints would be given.Is that about it?Let you have your say,but don't let others respond?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:18 PM

I'd say, you both have something in common. Believing God! He's fair..."but".... You guys got to get with the Master and figure out what it is you're so disbelieving about, you know what I mean? I can't fix that for you!

Your answer, yes YOUR answers.....clearly shows that you have issues believing God, forget me, Betsey. I'm just the vehicle being used here! Don't kill the messenger (as if you could, anyway). Work through it with Him! Tell Him you have doubt's. There's nothing I can do for you except point you in the right direction, you understand?

Thank you for submitting your assignments. Katonjj, I'll give you a half a point for an incomplete paper! Where as you picked #1 in the definition, that was NOT the instructions. The instructions were to: Ask yourselves.......IS GOD FAIR? What is fair to me? And choose of the below:

3. None of the above

Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,558,313 times
Quote:
WHAT IS FAIR............

Definition of fair:

3. None of the above

Assignments due today!

Please explain how it is fair to condemn all people to hell unless they hear about Christ and accept Him,and then allow billions of people throughout history to be born where they cannot even hear about Christ.

Essay due by tomorrow!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:21 PM

159 posts, read 150,112 times
If bias is unjust, then your God is unjust. Only way out is to admit that bias is okay for some reason. At least that's how I see it.

Quote:
forget me, Betsey. I'm just the vehicle being used here!
How do you know that you are a vehicle for Gods word, when you contradict even your own definitions? Forgive me but don't you think God would be a little wiser than that?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You mean you wanted an ET only thread in which no opposing viewpoints would be given.Is that about it? Let you have your say,but don't let others respond?
Have a seat and take the test!! Read the instructions in the above. You're in the wrong class if you think your taking an ET/UR test! That was yesterday. Today, the topic is FAIR ENOUGH? That's it, that's all!

It's an open book, I'll give you time to go get your Bible! And no, it doesn't have to be a KJV.....

http://bestsmileys.com/school/3.gif (broken link)

Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
If bias is unjust, then your God is unjust. Only way out is to admit that bias is okay for some reason. At least that's how I see it.

How do you know that you are a vehicle for Gods word, when you contradict even your own definitions? Forgive me but don't you think God would be a little wiser than that?
I'll give you a chance to do a re-take if you like? Is that fair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity