U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:07 PM

21,891 posts, read 16,711,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I imagine this is in response to my post....

Look it up Betsey... the temple that John is told to measure in Rev. 11 is the one that was still standing when he wrote Rev. The same one that was destroyed in 70AD... The NEW HOLY CITY has no temple so that temple COULD NOT be measured....

Take a look at your own version and compare it to what the bible actually says. They don't match....

And what the heck does "are you suicidal?" mean exactly? Am I causing my own death by reading the book of Revelation and repeating what it REALLY says?

You can believe in a fictional end times scenario if you want but I CHOOSE not to... I would rather believe in Wonderland and I am Alice. At least in the end she wakes up!
No. It is not. The Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. Revelation was written in 96 A.D. Well after the destruction of the temple. The temple in Revelation 11:2 that John was told in his vision to measure is the one that is to be rebuilt early in the Tribulation.

No clear thinking person can seriously conclude from the Scriptures that all prophecy has already been fulfilled.

The Temple, the Two Witnesses, and the Seventh Trumpet (Rev 11:1-19) | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I wanted to know about this because I was recently compelled to do more research on the rapture. I don't really understand the time period for the 7-year tribulation. I never understood how on earth it's going to be that long. I mean, I'm not questioning God and why or how he does things but my goodness that is an awful lot of time to be under persecution. I'm not talking about for unbelievers though. I'm talking about the Christians who are born again in that time! I've been researching different Christian websites and they are saying the tribulation is actually 3 1/2 years. Is this true? Do you agree? Personally I believe in the literal bible theory but you never know. I'm just so baffled at the fact that the tribulation will be THAT long. That's almost a decade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Tribulation is seven years in length, but it is only the last 3 1/2 years in which the terrible judgments take place. The first half of the Tribulation is actually a time of peace. The antichrist will have made a covenant with Israel in which Israel is living in peace and security. But at the halfway point of the Tribulation, he breaks the covenant and begins to persecute Israel. At this time, there will be great tribulation on the earth, as well as on Israel.

The seven year period is the last seven years remaining to the dispensation of Israel. Once the church has been raptured, thus terminating the church-age, then the last seven years of the age of Israel, which is also the last seven years of the 490 years of Daniels prophecy, will begin.

Moderator cut: personal attack I therefore decided to include the link below concerning the rapture. Look at it if you wish.

The Rapture of the Church

You might also go over to this thread and look at post #45 where I show that the Tribulation is seven years and still future.

The silliness of the end times beliefs,scripturally

Old 06-29-2010, 07:21 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,585,295 times
Quote:
No. It is not. The Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. Revelation was written in 96 A.D. Well after the destruction of the temple. The temple in Revelation 11:2 that John was told in his vision to measure is the one that is to be rebuilt early in the Tribulation.

No clear thinking person can seriously conclude from the Scriptures that all prophecy has already been fulfilled.

The Temple, the Two Witnesses, and the Seventh Trumpet (Rev 11:1-19) | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site
I'm sure they'll think on something.....

Old 06-29-2010, 07:30 PM

6,436 posts, read 9,963,145 times
To answer a few questions, I just want to say that I DO in fact believe in the Rapture. It is definitely NOT false. It WILL happen. I was just curious about what the 7 years length in time really was and I got great insight on that. Thanks once again!

Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
No doubt about that...

Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,910,777 times
Quote:
It's a WONDERFUL thing to do.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 PM

21,643 posts, read 30,261,681 times
Quote:
The Tribulation is seven years in length, but it is only the last 3 1/2 years in which the terrible judgments take place. The first half of the Tribulation is actually a time of peace. The antichrist will have made a covenant with Israel in which Israel is living in peace and security. But at the halfway point of the Tribulation, he breaks the covenant and begins to persecute Israel. At this time, there will be great tribulation on the earth, as well as on Israel.

The seven year period is the last seven years remaining to the dispensation of Israel. Once the church has been raptured, thus terminating the church-age, then the last seven years of the age of Israel, which is also the last seven years of the 490 years of Daniels prophecy, will begin.

Quote:
Words of wisdom spoken here! In complete agreement.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM

11,261 posts, read 11,276,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You just said, "Don't take anyone's word" so then he shouldn't listen to you. Why bother posting a link?
Of course I'm telling Allen like it is, and I've given him fair disclosure on where I stand but then because of my stance I choose to present my side, as others here are presenting theirs.

By the way, Allen, again, if you're really following all this (I wouldn't blame you if you just dropped out at this point from total confusion) the whole movie script scenario that futurists are laying out here is just that: a movie script plot that has evolved over the last 40-50 years as world events took certain turns and each prophecy guru started embellishing on the core story:

1. the rapture happens
2. world chaos
3. a world leader rises
4. he's shot in the head (prophecy gurus decided that "wounded in the head with a sword" was a bit too much, even for them)
5. 3 1/2 years of peace
6. mid-trib AC walks into the temple and proclaims himself God; sets up a statue of himself, animatron, I imagine, and it starts to talk and tells everyone to worship AC.
7. AC instigates 666 and tattoos everyone with his number. Worship him or be beheaded.
8. Russia attacks Israel
9. All hell breaks loose
10. WW3 commences. At height Jesus returns with raptured saints in two to Israel
11. Start of Millennium

Allen, want to make a million bucks? Write 11 chapters using those exact headings like about 2,000 other wealthy prophecy authors have done already. You'll have to use highly descriptive, clever language and embellish the storyline with gory, sometimes phantasmagoric wording, like when the 2 Witnesses appear and fire comes out of their mouths and burns up AC's soldiers when they try to arrest them, but you don't have to change the basic storyline at all---it's all been set in place for you. Write it readable enough and entertaining enough and a Christian publisher will publish it, I promise you. There are millions of naive Christians out there who eat this stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner and they will hungrily buy your book. Of course you'll have to sacrifice your self-dignity when you realize you're preying on the flock like a wolf in sheep's clothing but that doesn't seen to bother Lindsey, LaHayne and the others so I imagine your conscience will get use to it after a while. Good luck.

One last word of caution, Allen. As you say you believe in the rapture, I beg you: don't waste your young life looking up at the sky all day like so many Christians are doing nowadays. That way leads to depression or worse, as Jesus is never returning, at least in our lifetimes, I promise you, and so many Christians I've read about have sunk into horrible depression as each date for His return passes without anything happening.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 06-29-2010 at 08:03 PM..

Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,298,806 times
I haven't read back to see if it's been posted,but it's generally accepted that the 7 yr trib starts when the 7 yr peace treaty with Israel is signed.

when do the plagues/bowls of wrath start? beginning or second half of trib?

Old 06-30-2010, 06:49 PM

11,261 posts, read 11,276,606 times
2nd half, but read post #28 above for turning those plagues/bowls into a splendid money-making opp---probably the only one you'll have during the 2nd half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity