Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:52 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times

Advertisements

Church Tries to Be More Inclusive - Video - FoxNews.com

Of course the pastor responsible for this is a Brit yet another poor Brit poisoned by political correctness. Heard the churches in England, in an effort to attract more people, "secularize" the churches by turning them into community centers also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
OK. Ovbiously the leadership has a vision of something they want to acheive and think this is the way to do it. I dont' care.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:08 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Of course the pastor responsible for this is a Brit yet another poor Brit poisoned by political correctness. Heard the churches in England, in an effort to attract more people, "secularize" the churches by turning them into community centers also
This is part of the "Emerging Church" heresy. Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, Brian McLaren....much of Protestantism is being infiltrated in this way. Catholicism is being infiltrated too, but it's harder to infiltrate the Catholic Church than the various Protestant churches because Catholic doctrine is centralized through the Magisterium.

If you see this happening at your own church, pray for guidance and strength and then try to fight it. If you cannot fight it, find a real church where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Nothing at all to do with being British , . Great Britain is in darkness , but God is still God and ruler of the nations and will bring that nation back to Himself.

You need to see what is going on your own doorstep before you start singling out other nations.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Nothing at all to do with being British , . Great Britain is in darkness , but God is still God and ruler of the nations and will bring that nation back to Himself.

You need to see what is going on your own doorstep before you start singling out other nations.
I beg to differ. The UK is way ahead of the curve in terms of Occult/Gnostic infiltration (which is exactly what the "Emerging Church" movement is about--bathed like an Angel of Light of course) in comparison to the U.S.

I can say this with authority since I have lived in both countries for long periods of time and have strong ties of loyalty to both. I have watched these cultural developments unfold with great interest.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:48 PM

494 posts, read 890,332 times
Okay, so a church tries to help a wider range of people, and takes down a symbol of torture, and that immediately makes it 'occult'? You people are so hung up on symbolism and semantics and arguing with each other over where the commas go in your bible that it is laughable to the rest of us. Don't you see how ridiculous your squabbling over petty things is? What ever happened to the message of love and acceptance that your Jesus is supposed to stand for?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
I beg to differ. The UK is way ahead of the curve in terms of Occult/Gnostic infiltration (which is exactly what the "Emerging Church" movement is about--bathed like an Angel of Light of course) in comparison to the U.S.

I can say this with authority since I have lived in both countries for long periods of time and have strong ties of loyalty to both. I have watched these cultural developments unfold with great interest.
And i can say with great authority having lived there for close on 40 years of my life and being an ex pat , that though it's in great darkness and rejected the gospel , what the USA is serving up has the gospel make me want to vomit .

Infact it's the main reason though i am a conservative in values i want to move back to liberal secular New England from the bible belt where i reside now.Where saying "i'm born again" is no different from a Brit saying "i'm church of England".

\

Old 06-27-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And i can say with great authority having lived there for close on 40 years of my life and being an ex pat , that though it's in great darkness and rejected the gospel , what the USA is serving up has the gospel make me want to vomit .

Infact it's the main reason though i am a conservative in values i want to move back to liberal secular New England from the bible belt where i reside now.Where saying "i'm born again" is no different from a Brit saying "i'm church of England".

\
I have few disagreements with you on this point, friend.

I don't know what is worse, really--"Mainstream Christianity" in the UK or "American Christianity."

It's sort of like comparing Spam and Marmite.

You might like the American Midwest better than New England. It was the best place I ever lived in the US as regards common-sense religion--Bill Hybels nonwithstanding.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
I have few disagreements with you on this point, friend.

I don't know what is worse, really--"Mainstream Christianity" in the UK or "American Christianity."

It's sort of like comparing Spam and Marmite.

You might like the American Midwest better than New England. It was the best place I ever lived in the US as regards common-sense religion--Bill Hybels nonwithstanding.
Marmite everytime

Joking aside i do not see the difference between mainstream christianity and American christianity , both have it's roots in organized religion.

I love New England , plus because as daft as it seems , those who are not believers there i have actually found more of an openess to the good news especially among unbelieving friends than anything down here .

Britain though it's no longer Great , God has not forgotten HER and will bring her back to repentance, i wish i could hear the same thing being said about the US.

Speaking grace and mercy to our nations and not condemnation is a good place to see the tide turn.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
I just think it's sad that this is happening but, it should be expected is it not? I'm not a Bible scholar or anything but, I believe Revelation has made references to that when the End Times are nearer, that the Church will turn away from God gradually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity