U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 05:04 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,492,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He came to save the world , you can believe it's a jewish world only , but you are totally in error with that

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but ALSO for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2 verse 2.

Paul does not say we are part of the COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL , it was Christ that we were excluded from.

If out of the two He made one new man , how can the new man be Israel , when Israel already exists ?

We are in Christ, citizens of heaven and members of the household of God , which is made up of jew and gentile(whosoevers) who in being found in Christ are new creations.
Yep. And Christ still loves those lost souls out there. They just aren't part of the blessing right now. You just have to look at the faces around the world to know this. It simply means you do not have a link to him in this life; having no hope, and without God in the world:

Romans 11:28. As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,

Enemies AND loved. Hmmmmm.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:11 PM

32,238 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Yep. And Christ still loves those lost souls out there. They just aren't part of the blessing right now. It simply means you do not have a link to him in this life; having no hope, and without God in the world:

Romans 11:28. As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,
Yes i agree.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself , this is an accomplished fact that is being played out , as far as i am concerned, because God calls the things that are not as though they were .

If "the world" means the jewish world or the world of Israel has some would have us believe then we gentiles have no hope and we are still without God in this world.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:18 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,436,813 times
Quote:
He came to save the world , you can believe it's a jewish world only , but you are totally in error with that
John 3:16 is the context of the world under the covenant, the house of Israel.....see verse 3:1.
Kosmos never implies entire earth and all of mankind that has ever lived in it.

Quote:
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but ALSO for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2 verse 2.
1 John 2 is in the context of believer, as he drove it home in 1 John 1:9

Quote:
Paul does not say we are part of the COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL , it was Christ that we were excluded from.
Christ allowed us to become part of the commenwealth, hence partition removed...free access to being an Israelite

Quote:
If out of the two He made one new man , how can the new man be Israel , when Israel already exists ?
Carnal thoughts. This is about the spirit...breath of life into the bones in the valley! Israel became a new man in the spirit, fo before, it was dead in the flesh. You have much to learn.

Quote:
We are in Christ, citizens of heaven and members of the household of God , which is made up of jew and gentile(whosoevers) who in being found in Christ are new creations.
Yes....Israel. You are stepping all over your own words. Your understanding of the basic theme to the Holy Word is evident.

It is all about Israel. I am an Israelite.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 07-02-2010 at 06:26 PM..

Old 07-02-2010, 06:31 PM

40,098 posts, read 26,761,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
John 3:16 is the context of the world under the covenant, the house of Israel.....see verse 3:1.
Christ allowed us to become part of the commenwealtyh, hence partition removed...free access to being an Israelite
Carnal thoughts. This is about the spirit...breath of life into the bones in the valley! Israel became a new man in the spirit, fo before, it was dead in the flesh. You have much to learn.
Yes....Israel. You are stepping all over your own words. Your understanding of the basic theme to the Holy Word is evident.
I cannot resist . . . BULLSHEIZE!!!!! The world is the world . . . you exclusivists simply need to get over your desire to be Special (like the Church Lady says). God plays no favorites. Some of us are picked first (first fruits) . . . but the whole crop is eventually harvested.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I cannot resist . . . BULLSHEIZE!!!!! The world is the world . . . you exclusivists simply need to get over your desire to be Special (like the Church Lady says). God plays no favorites. Some of us are picked first (first fruits) . . . but the whole crop is eventually harvested.
Again, another uneducated poster that has no idea about the language or the various meanings and words that pertain to anything in the scriptures. Didn;pt I tell you to buya couple of books....not UR books.... Here's a little remedial help for you...the first definition of kosmos is:

an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government.

Hmmm...sounds like Israel in covenant to me, especially in the context of a conversation with a Pharisee LOL strike two...want another pitch?

Try me Mystic, you will fail in this debate and resort to savage name calling...I can guarantee it.

You have very little knowledge about the word of God, and more knowledge about secret, mystical/heretical ideas about the word of God.

BTW....CURSING ONCE AGAIN...on a Christian Message Board...your fruit is revealed for all to see.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Christ allowed us to become part of the commenwealth, hence partition removed...free access to being an Israelite

Acts 17:28 (People's New Testament) Certain also of your own poets. Aratus, who wrote about 200 years before. Also Cleanthes, in his Hymn to Jupiter.

OR

Acts 17:28. (NIV) 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

Below is the sermon to the Pagans who worshiped multiple gods.

Paul says THEY (Pagans), TOO, were the ONE True God's children.

In context: Good News Translation.

Acts 17:22. Paul stood up in front of the city council and said, "I see that in every way you Athenians are very religious.

Acts 17:23. For as I walked through your city and looked at the places where you worship, I found an altar on which is written, "To an Unknown God.' That which you worship, then, even though you do not know it, is what I now proclaim to you.

Acts 17:24. God, who made the world and everything in it, is Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples made by human hands.

Acts 17:25. Nor does he need anything that we can supply by working for him, since it is he himself who gives life and breath and everything else to everyone.

Acts 17:26. From one human being he created all races of people and made them live throughout the whole earth. He himself fixed beforehand the exact times and the limits of the places where they would live.

Acts 17:27. He did this so that they would look for him, and perhaps find him as they felt around for him. Yet God is actually not far from any one of us;

Acts 17:28. as someone has said, "In him we live and move and exist.' It is as some of your poets have said, "We too are his children.'

Acts 17:29. Since we are God's children (Pagans, not yet "saved"), we should not suppose that his nature is anything like an image of gold or silver or stone, shaped by human art and skill.

Acts 17:30. God has overlooked the times when people did not know him, but now he commands all of them everywhere to turn away from their evil ways.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:37 PM

32,238 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Quote:

Christ allowed us to become part of the commenwealtyh, hence partition removed...free access to being an Israelite

So you believe 1 John 2 verse 2 really means

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins(we jews who already believe), and not only for ours but also for[a] the sins of the whole world(the jews who are yet to believe)

It's your own carnality that cannot see that out of the two He made one new man , which is not of the flesh (jewish or gentile) Israeli or Greek , but a new creation man , the believer is a new creation and not an Israelite.

It's laughable that you are calling yourself an Israelite.

It's all about Jesus , i am a son of God.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus Galatians 3 verse 28

Old 07-02-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
So you believe 1 John 2 verse 2 really means

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins(we jews who already believe), and not only for ours but also for[a] the sins of the whole world(the jews who are yet to believe)
You truly are unbelievable. It is staring at you right in the face but yet you cover your eyes.....YES......it says that He is the Propitation of sins for those that believe....goodness gracious...stop staring at one verse and read the whole book!!!!

Quote:
It's your own carnality that cannot see that out of the two He made one new man , which is not of the flesh (jewish or gentile) Israeli or Greek , but a new creation man .
Already refuted. You are wasting space.

Quote:
It's laughable that you are calling yourself an Israelite.
It is serious that you are calling yourself NOT.

Quote:
It's all about Jesus , i am a son of God.
You are not at all, because you are not an Israeliete, born of the spirit to the firstborn of the House Of Israel, who is Jesus Christ. - Col 1:15,18; Heb 12:23

Quote:
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus Galatians 3 verse 28

LOL

Gal 3 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 4 But he [who was] of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman [was] by promise.

Gal 4 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Looks like I am still from Jerusalem. Again....you fail.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
[/b]

You truly are unbelievable. It is staring at you right in the face but yet you cover your eyes.....YES......it says that He is the Propitation of sins for those that believe....goodness gracious...stop staring at one verse and read the whole book!!!!

Already refuted. You are wasting space.

It is serious that you are calling yourself NOT.

You are not at all, because you are not an Israeliete, born of the spirit oto the firstborn of the House Of Israel, Jesus Christ.

[b]

LOL

Gal 3 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 4 But he [who was] of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman [was] by promise.

Gal 4 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Looks like I am still from Jerusalem. Again....you fail.
I wish you would respond to my posts. There are most certainly passages of scripture in the New Testament which are directed at the Jews, but certainly not all passages. And just because you (a Gentile) are inwardly an Israelite doesn't mean that those "outsiders" (both Jews of flesh and Gentiles alike) are not loved by God. ENEMIES for the gospel's sake but FRIENDS of God. Are you just going to chuck that verse out of the Bible? And what does it mean?

You really aren't making much sense.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:04 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,576,196 times
Again...my prophecy is that...this thread is about to return to dust...

Last edited by ans57; 07-02-2010 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or