U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,443,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

You have made yourself look stupid by implying it was the resurerection that drew the disciples to Jesus , and your attempt to deflect it away from you is laughable
No...you have just made yourself countless times over, look exactly what I have always been telling you. These themes are too much meat for you, you are better off drinking milk for now. Study a little bit more, and come back to them in debate. You have shown over and over on this forum that you are ill-equipped engaging in debate with me.

Here is what you said:

Quote:
could it be that the fishermen, tax collectors and the like were drawn to and affected by His acceptance of them has they were, and being unlearnt in the teachings of men , they were readily open to receive the things of God ?
And I said that these learnt men were Annas and the Scribes, Pharisees and priests that wanted to silence the apostles.
You have your subject messed up. Go back and study it more.

Secondly, I never implied that the resurrection is what drew the disciples to Him.
As a matter of fact, I never even came close to saying it.
I just said the resurrection is the foundational theme to the gospel itself, and of Christ, and is the foundation of our salvation. And this must be manifested in our life as we breathe the air we breathe now, and not after some fairy tale period of "torment" as UR has it.
No where in the scriptures is this....no where.

See what I mean?
You can't follow the conversation, let alone these deep themes of the Scripture.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 07-04-2010 at 01:32 AM..

Old 07-04-2010, 12:26 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,299,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I had it already to go, but I hit the wrong button.

This is the gist of it:

Sciotamicks wanted everyone to know that God only loves those whom God elected. He says we are not ALL God's children.

I replied with Paul's sermon to the pagans where Paul lets the pagans know that God created them too and wants them to get to know him. Acts 17:29. "Since we are God's children." Yes, even the pagans are God's children.

Sciotamicks will have none of it.

The End.

Acts 17:26. From one human being he created all races of people and made them live throughout the whole earth. He himself fixed beforehand the exact times and the limits of the places where they would live.

Acts 17:27. He did this so that they would look for him, and perhaps find him as they felt around for him. Yet God is actually not far from any one of us;

Acts 17:28. as someone has said, "In him we live and move and exist.' It is as some of your poets have said, "We too are his children.'

Acts 17:29. Since we are God's children (Pagans, not yet "saved"), we should not suppose that his nature is anything like an image of gold or silver or stone, shaped by human art and skill.

Acts 17:30. God has overlooked the times when people did not know him, but now he commands all of them everywhere to turn away from their evil ways.
(Morning, everyone!)

I like this post!
Paul wasn't condemning those pagans at all!
Sciomaticks, I personally DO believe in the resurrection! You noted very nicely that JESUS IS our resurrection. The Christlife that was put into every man at the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the beginning, and is Christ IN you, the hope of glory.
My message to people is, Let Christ arise IN YOU!

Blessings to all!
brian

Old 07-04-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow

Sciotamicks wanted everyone to know that God only loves those whom God elected. He says we are not ALL God's children.
Never said that. I said God's children are the object of His love.
God's children are those who believe and repent.

Quote:
I replied with Paul's sermon to the pagans where Paul lets the pagans know that God created them too and wants them to get to know him. Acts 17:29. "Since we are God's children." Yes, even the pagans are God's children.
As he pointed to the UNKNOWN GOD, he commanded them to repent, consistent with every verse i have provided that shows that God's love is directed at His children...the more reason to become a Christian...to receive that love. UR thinks it is crafty, but it is not. it never will be. The scriptures scream volumes against your claims. The scriptures are about what happens to man when he believes in Christ, and what happens to man when he doesn't. Simple.

Believes - God's child and son, object of His love
Does not believe - Dead, wrath abides in him, enemy, second death etc..

Have you got anything more than this repetitive cry for help as you twist your very own answer over and over again?

How many ways can you say it?
I will keep answering it the same way.

Christ died for many, not all. Get that? He gave His ransom for many....this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many Matt 26:28
Christ died for those who put their faith in Him.

Your belief system denies the covenant, and defies the rules God put in place with Christ, as He set the kingdom on His shoulders....your system of belief spits on the cross of Jesus Christ with its lies of post mortem salvation in some fairy tale temporal torment age.

Your belief system spits on St. Paul's face with these lies the moment the axe pierced the skin on his neck.
I will be here for a very long time, fighting you off from this corner of the net. Always. For ages and ages...εἰς αἰῶνας αἰώνων

Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,497,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Never said that. I said God's children are the object of His love.
God's children are those who believe and repent.

As he pointed to the UNKNOWN GOD, he commanded them to repent, consistent with every verse i have provided that shows that God's love is directed at His children...the more reason to become a Christian...to receive that love. UR thinks it is crafty, but it is not. it never will be. The scriptures scream volumes against your claims. The scriptures are about what happens to man when he believes in Christ, and what happens to man when he doesn't. Simple.

Believes - God's child and son, object of His love
Does not believe - Dead, wrath abides in him, enemy, second death etc..

Have you got anything more than this repetitive cry for help as you twist your very own answer over and over again?

How many ways can you say it?
I will keep answering it the same way.

Christ died for many, not all. Get that? He gave His ransom for many....this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many Matt 26:28
Christ died for those who put their faith in Him.

Your belief system denies the covenant, and defies the rules God put in place with Christ, as He set the kingdom on His shoulders....your system of belief spits on the cross of Jesus Christ with its lies of post mortem salvation in some fairy tale temporal torment age.

Your belief system spits on St. Paul's face with these lies the moment the axe pierced the skin on his neck.
I will be here for a very long time, fighting you off from this corner of the net. Always. For ages and ages...εἰς αἰῶνας αἰώνων

If I've learned anything here, it would be how to say, "Father, forgive him."

Old 07-04-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
If I've learned anything here, it would be how to say, "Father, forgive him."
Ditto...but you are a girl correct?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:06 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,729,329 times
Quote:

He loves those who love Him back.
Yikes!!!! I rest my case about UR (for a little awhile). The above lays out the absurdity of the ET view so nicely - I don't even need to share about UR.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:43 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,274,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Latte'Chic,
Your post was very long, so please forgive me if I don't respond to everything.

What does stick out to me in your post is the idea that UR is a devilish doctrine which appeals to the flesh and is selfish.
Please clarify this for me, because it makes no sense at all.
Brian there are 2 years worth of threads in this forum to explain to you why universalism is of the flesh and Satan all you have to do is go and read them.

But of course that is not what you really want to here, now is it ????
You want to continue in your denial and continue to blame others and things for your anger rather then taking the responsibility of owning up to it.

Like I said, you have just placed your anger from one place to another......
Universalism is your band aid, false peace..... universalism takes the guilt off of your back.... !!!

Well as I read your reply and prayed asking of the Lord how to reply to you.... this is the scripture the Lord brought to my heart and too move on....

Mark 6:11
And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”

Quote:
You also state that God saving all souls is an affront on His righteousness. I see it as completely the opposite. Only GOD could do something so wonderful as to save all His creatures. Man likes to divide. Just look at how many denominations there are in Christianity. It is an innate part of man's fallen nature to condemn, separate, argue, hate, judge.
There you go again blaming others...... rather then being responsible before God for yourself.....

Quote:
I have been a partaker of both ET and UR. The peace I feel today as I believe in the reconciliation of all things to God, may seem to you a "false peace," but to me it's very real. It has set me free from the condemning and hatred towards unbelievers that I could not shake while I was believing in ET.
It's a false peace.... Brian, of course Satan will make it very real to you and you will see one day !!! Jannes and Jambres ??

Quote:
Again, maybe you are able to love others while you tell them they are going to hell. I cannot. That's the truth. I have lived it for years.
Yes, since the Lord Jesus came into my heart, He gave me a love for people that I can not put into words.
I do not tell people they are going to hell, Brian !! I share the good news with them about a Savior who came to this world to die for their sin..... and will forgive them of their sin and be their Lord and Savior for all eternity... !!

Sorry that you can not love people regardless who they are and what they have done.... and share the truth of God's precious word with them, that is a very sad place to be !! And do know one day you will regret it big times !!!

Quote:
You seem to believe that believing that God is the savior of all, somehow will draw you away from Him, or lead you to hell. My experience has been that I now have a joy complete in me that I didn't have before.

Blessings to you also,
brian
Good grief, how many times have I heard or should say read a UR say that ^^^^ it is the most ridiculous, lame theory Ur's can come up with.... lol !!
Jesus Christ is the Savior of all..... but not all will receive Him, that is the part Ur's leave out !!

You really have things backward, Brian.
Those are your words above are coming from your heart. You are afraid deep down inside God is going to send you to hell..... if you don't believe He is going to reconcile all peoples !!
I already know this will not happen !!

I do not fear hell, my God is faithful and will deliver me from Hell through His Son, Jesus Christ !!

I believe God's word, every single word written in the Scriptures is HIS truth and just because I may not like the idea there will be people who will be eternally separated from God for all eternity, I don't have to make something up or seek outside of God's will to satisfy my flesh. I trust Him completely... period !!

I will never turn my back on Him, regardless, Brian !!! And He so knows this because He is the one who gave me this heart to believe, love, trust, and obey Him COMPLETELY !!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 07-04-2010 at 05:56 AM..

Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 AM

32,326 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Quote:
No...you have just made yourself countless times over, look exactly what I have always been telling you. These themes are too much meat for you, you are better off drinking milk for now. Study a little bit more, and come back to them in debate. You have shown over and over on this forum that you are ill-equipped engaging in debate with me.

Here is what you said:

And I said that these learnt men were Annas and the Scribes, Pharisees and priests that wanted to silence the apostles.
You have your subject messed up. Go back and study it more.

Secondly, I never implied that the resurrection is what drew the disciples to Him.
As a matter of fact, I never even came close to saying it.
I just said the resurrection is the foundational theme to the gospel itself, and of Christ, and is the foundation of our salvation. And this must be manifested in our life as we breathe the air we breathe now, and not after some fairy tale period of "torment" as UR has it.
No where in the scriptures is this....no where.

See what I mean?
You can't follow the conversation, let alone these deep themes of the Scripture.
Here you go again Mr Learnt ,boasting in your own knowledge ,which i would gladly recognize and respect , like i do with many on here , but your knowledge if it was of God but it's of Preterism and orthodox christianity .

Quote:

The men who said this were schooled men who had not been with Jesus . What was it these unlearned ordinary men had learnt from being around Jesus ? the doctrines of preterism ? , the trinity ? , the rapture ?, end time ministry ? , or was something far superior to all that ? , could it be that the fishermen, tax collectors and the like were drawn to and affected by His acceptance of them has they were, and being unlearnt in the teachings of men , they were readily open to receive the things of God ?
This is your reply

Quote:

The men who said this were schooled men who had not been with Jesus . What was it these unlearned ordinary men had learnt from being around Jesus ? the doctrines of preterism ? , the trinity ? , the rapture ?, end time ministry ? , or was something far superior to all that ? , could it be that the fishermen, tax collectors and the like were drawn to and affected by His acceptance of them has they were, and being unlearnt in the teachings of men , they were readily open to receive the things of God ?
What part is so hard for you to grasp that the rulers and elders who were learnt men, recognized it was unlearnt ordinary men who had been with Jesus ?

My point being your boasting and trust in your own knowledge means nothing , what actually does mean something iis whether or not you have been around Jesus.This is why i encouraged posters not to be intimidated by you

You intentionally keep moving the goal posts and avoiding questions put to you

Old 07-04-2010, 07:35 AM

32,326 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

I will never turn my back on Him, regardless, Brian !!! And He so knows this because He is the one who gave me this heart to believe, love, trust, and obey Him COMPLETELY !!

Latte

That's a pretty bold statement .

I for one have run from God in times past , yet He did not whip me back to Himself , He just shone His grace on my back.

Peter the Apostle said something similar and ended up deny is Lord 3 times before the **** crowed.

Happy 4th

Last edited by pcamps; 07-04-2010 at 08:00 AM..

Old 07-04-2010, 07:51 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,274,993 times
Quote:
Latte

That's a pretty bold statement .

I for one have run from God in times past , yet He did not whip me back to Himself , He just shone His grace on my back.

Peter the Apostle said sotheming similar and ended up deny is Lord 3 times before the **** crowed.

Happy 4th
Yes, it is a very bold statement and can say it because I know who my Lord and Savior is.... there is not a shadow of doubt in my heart !!!
Been tested just like Peter and you know what...? He gave me the grace, strength, courage, and most of all His Holy Spirit to pass the test.....

He is the one who knows my heart and has given me for over 18 yrs the confidence to trust Him COMPLELELY, that He will never leave me, nor forsake me !!!

Like I said........

"He is the one who gave me this heart to believe, love, trust, and obey Him COMPLETELY !!"

James 1:12
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Amen.... ???

Blessings... to you, and a Happy 4th to you also, pcamps !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or