Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yes, it is a very bold statement and can say it because I know who my Lord and Savior is.... there is not a shadow of doubt in my heart !!!
Been tested just like Peter and you know what...? He gave me the grace, strength, courage, and most of all His Holy Spirit to pass the test.....
Beware of boasting that you stand, lest you fall. God can test you like Job. I wonder how you'd fare? You seem to have a lot of confidence in YOUR faith for YOUR salvation. Yet you don't think God requires you to love others as you love yourself and you think God is pleased that you would condemn others to eternal torment? There is such a thing as worshiping God in vain when you do not worship in Spirit and in Truth.
Quote:
He is the one who knows my heart and has given me for over 18 yrs the confidence to trust Him COMPLELELY, that He will never leave me, nor forsake me !!!
Like I said........

"He is the one who gave me this heart to believe, love, trust, and obey Him COMPLETELY !!"
Moderator cut: deleted

Quote:
James 1:12
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Amen.... ???
Moderator cut: deleted/sarcastic

Last edited by june 7th; 07-05-2010 at 09:01 AM..

Old 07-04-2010, 08:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
I do not get the theory those who are the objects of his love are the ones who believe and have repented.

Ephesians 2 verse 5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ EVEN when we were dead in transgressionsit is by grace you have been saved.

Sciota i know this is in an epistle to the believers in Ephesus , yet you cannot deny the fact that His great love was towards us even when we were dead in our transgressions, in otherwords before we believed and repented , which by the way was by His grace and nothing of our doing.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:45 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Beware of boasting that you stand, lest you fall. God can test you like Job. I wonder how you'd fare? You seem to have a lot of confidence in YOUR faith for YOUR salvation. Yet you don't think God requires you to love others as you love yourself and you think God is pleased that you would condemn others to eternal torment? There is such a thing as worshiping God in vain when you do not worship in Spirit and in Truth.
What's wrong Heartsong, don't you have the confidence in Jesus Christ and your salvation ????
Yup, He can test us like Job and you know what ??? Been there...... and you know what else, Jesus brought me through it all !! Praise the Lord !!

I don't condemn people to hell, Heartsong !
They condemn themselves to eternal separation from God for all eternity by rejecting Jesus Christ !!

It's to bad you are finding such pleasure in condemning with this post and with such revengeful anger !!

Quote:
Moderator cut: Orphaned

Yes, Jesus will convicts us of our sin, IF we are his children !!!

Quote:
I do love God and He knows it !!

I don't tell people God does not love them..... you are speaking from your heart and it's so sad you feel God does not love all peoples, Heartsong !!

My prayer is you can find peace in Jesus Christ, that you seem to not have !!!

Blessings

Last edited by june 7th; 07-05-2010 at 09:03 AM..

Old 07-04-2010, 11:48 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The reconcilaiton is in Christ, and that reconciliaiton is manifest through Christ, and ONLY upon confession to His Lordship and Savior, are we are granted the gift of reconciliation which becomes manifested in us as a new creation, a new man.
Read Romans 5. It doesn't agree with the underlined part above in your post. Here's part of it:

8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:24 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,921 times
Quote:
Brian there are 2 years worth of threads in this forum to explain to you why universalism is of the flesh and Satan all you have to do is go and read them.

The reason I don't believe it's not of satan is because it's all good, and not bad.

But of course that is not what you really want to here, now is it ????
You want to continue in your denial and continue to blame others and things for your anger rather then taking the responsibility of owning up to it.

I don't blame others for the judgmental attitude I had in my heart while I believed in ET. I was not guilty, just blinded by it. Now I don't want to judge, condemn, hate or despise anyone anymore. To me, everybody is as saved as you and I, and I praise God that He is so merciful to all of us!

Like I said, you have just placed your anger from one place to another......
Universalism is your band aid, false peace..... universalism takes the guilt off of your back.... !!!

Yes, I do not feel guilty anymore. In fact, when I believed in ET, I was feeling very guilty because I WAS guilty of judging and condemning others.

Well as I read your reply and prayed asking of the Lord how to reply to you.... this is the scripture the Lord brought to my heart and too move on....

Mark 6:11
And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”

Amen! In fact, I've given up trying to "convert" you. It is not up to me, it is God who works in everyone. You are my sister as a child of God, and I accept you no matter what you believe.

There you go again blaming others...... rather then being responsible before God for yourself.....

My statement there was to clarify that MAN (that includes me) has a natural tendency to divide, blame, judge, condemn. I know firsthand, because I used to tell people they were going to hell everyday!

It's a false peace.... Brian, of course Satan will make it very real to you and you will see one day !!! Jannes and Jambres ??

If it's a false peace, it sure has drawn me closer to the Lord!

Yes, since the Lord Jesus came into my heart, He gave me a love for people that I can not put into words.
I do not tell people they are going to hell, Brian !! I share the good news with them about a Savior who came to this world to die for their sin..... and will forgive them of their sin and be their Lord and Savior for all eternity... !!

Good to hear. Paul didn't preach hell, either.

Sorry that you can not love people regardless who they are and what they have done.... and share the truth of God's precious word with them, that is a very sad place to be !! And do know one day you will regret it big times !!!

Actually, as I was shown that God has reconciled the world to Himself, it has become almost "automatic" to love people no matter who they are, and what they believe!

Good grief, how many times have I heard or should say read a UR say that ^^^^ it is the most ridiculous, lame theory Ur's can come up with.... lol !!
Jesus Christ is the Savior of all..... but not all will receive Him, that is the part Ur's leave out !!

You really have things backward, Brian.
Those are your words above are coming from your heart. You are afraid deep down inside God is going to send you to hell..... if you don't believe He is going to reconcile all peoples !!
I already know this will not happen !!

I do not fear hell, my God is faithful and will deliver me from Hell through His Son, Jesus Christ !!

I believe God's word, every single word written in the Scriptures is HIS truth and just because I may not like the idea there will be people who will be eternally separated from God for all eternity, I don't have to make something up or seek outside of God's will to satisfy my flesh. I trust Him completely... period !!

I will never turn my back on Him, regardless, Brian !!! And He so knows this because He is the one who gave me this heart to believe, love, trust, and obey Him COMPLETELY !!

I see a big difference between a message of hope, and "satisfying the flesh." I believe that all men will come to a knowledge of the truth. I am excited about it, and I hope you will be able to rejoice with me about it someday, too! (And even if you think differently, that's ok, I still accept you anyways! I'm certain we'll all get there someday!)

Many blessings,
brian

Old 07-04-2010, 03:35 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
(Morning, everyone!)

I like this post!
Paul wasn't condemning those pagans at all!
Sciomaticks, I personally DO believe in the resurrection! You noted very nicely that JESUS IS our resurrection. The Christlife that was put into every man at the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the beginning, and is Christ IN you, the hope of glory.
My message to people is, Let Christ arise IN YOU!

Blessings to all!
brian
No, Paul was not condemning the pagans. And he most definitely told them they were God's children BEFORE they repented. If they did not want to hear or understand, then I'm sure the fatherly wrath was still upon them, meaning that their sins would continue to corrupt their souls, hearts, and bodies. The consequences of sin will affect us, yes?

I have tried to tell people that when Jesus or the disciples were speaking to unbelievers, they were kind and thoughtful (the anger arose from Christ only when he spoke to the religious leaders~~~~and what an anger that was!).

They always tried to reason with the people from whatever background the people were coming from. They KNEW the people they were talking to, and they were compassionate. They never came at them from a pedestal. They never said they were going to be tortured forever. If there ears or hearts were not open they just let them be.

Anyway, I admire your kind tone and patience on these boards. It is always nice to have you around.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:16 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
No, Paul was not condemning the pagans. And he most definitely told them they were God's children BEFORE they repented. If they did not want to hear or understand, then I'm sure the fatherly wrath was still upon them, meaning that their sins would continue to corrupt their souls, hearts, and bodies. The consequences of sin will affect us, yes?

I have tried to tell people that when Jesus or the disciples were speaking to unbelievers, they were kind and thoughtful (the anger arose from Christ only when he spoke to the religious leaders~~~~and what an anger that was!).

They always tried to reason with the people from whatever background the people were coming from. They KNEW the people they were talking to, and they were compassionate. They never came at them from a pedestal. They never said they were going to be tortured forever. If there ears or hearts were not open they just let them be.

Anyway, I admire your kind tone and patience on these boards. It is always nice to have you around.
Malachi 2:1-17 "The LORD Curses The Priests"

1 And now O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart...

7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

It is of utmost importance that we remember that the entire discourse of the book of Malachi is aimed at "organized religion" and it's leaders.

And here's an example of how the word of God have been abused by many religious organization:

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In "TITHES" and offerings.

9 Ye are "CURSED" with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it...

I have witnessed this passage defiled many times over, (The LORD GOD is my witness) to include my own widowed mother as its victim...by pointing out that this is proof that God wanted most of her alms from kindhearted children be given to her church...

My reason is this, "if I refuse to give God some of my hard-earned lively-hood...wouldn't he call me "selfish or greedy" instead of a thief..?

But if I give my hard-earned lively-hood to the priests to be used for God's children who are in need...yet, keep it for the riches of the church...would that not be "ROBBING GOD?"

Food for spiritual thought...

Old 07-04-2010, 04:28 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Malachi 2:1-17 "The LORD Curses The Priests"

1 And now O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart...

7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

It is of utmost importance that we remember that the entire discourse of the book of Malachi is aimed at "organized religion" and it's leaders.

And here's an example of how the word of God have been abused by many religious organization:

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In "TITHES" and offerings.

9 Ye are "CURSED" with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it...

I have witnessed this passage defiled many times over, (The LORD GOD is my witness) to include my own widowed mother as its victim...by pointing out that this is proof that God wanted most of her alms from kindhearted children be given to her church...

My reason is this, "if I refuse to give God some of my hard-earned lively-hood...wouldn't he call me "selfish or greedy" instead of a thief..?

But if I give my hard-earned lively-hood to the priests to be used for God's children who are in need...yet, keep it for the riches of the church...would that not be "ROBBING GOD?"

Food for spiritual thought...
It is extremely disturbing to me to see what the Church has done to so many people who were sincere and loved God with all of their heart. I have seen too many turn into empty shells because of the system, which much of the time is without TRUE mercy or compassion; just like the government. When they need you or you contribute to the cause they love you, but when you fail and stumble and break, they are gone.

Heartbreaking.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:35 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
It is extremely disturbing to me to see what the Church has done to so many people who were sincere and loved God with all of their heart. I have seen too many turn into empty shells because of the system, which much of the time is without TRUE mercy or compassion; just like the government. When they need you or you contribute to the cause they love you, but when you fail and stumble and break, they are gone.

Heartbreaking.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:54 PM

697 posts, read 1,071,925 times
Quote:
Brian there are 2 years worth of threads in this forum to explain to you why universalism is of the flesh and Satan all you have to do is go and read them.

But of course that is not what you really want to here, now is it ????
You want to continue in your denial and continue to blame others and things for your anger rather then taking the responsibility of owning up to it.

I've been reading Brian's posts and I don't see anger there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity