U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:07 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,401,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I don't really need to do anything, thank you.
"I believe that most people will be tortured for ever by God, and i believe that they absolutely deserve it ... But i really do love everyone!"

If the above is an example of love i don't want to have anything to do with it.

Luckily true love is unconditional and never fails ...

Old 06-30-2010, 02:07 PM

63,036 posts, read 34,328,004 times
Quote:
I don't really need to do anything, thank you.
If this is UR love, then I really don't want to hear about UR hate.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,838,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If this is UR love, then I really don't want to hear about UR hate.

I didn't call it anything.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
"I believe that most people will be tortured for ever by God, and i believe that they absolutely deserve it ... But i really do love everyone!"

Agreed.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:40 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,771,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Good point, because the only way someone can believe in eternal torment and also believe God is fair and just, is to believe they deserve it. I don't see how the punishment of perpetual burning could fit any crime. If we reap what we sow, how can anyone "reap" perpetual burning if they can't "sow" it?

If we all "deserve" this torture, and Jesus died to take our deserved punishment for us, how then, can the deserved punishment be perpetual burning if Jesus was not set on fire forever?

Old 06-30-2010, 02:49 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,670,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Good point, because the only way someone can believe in eternal torment and also believe God is fair and just, is to believe they deserve it. I don't see how the punishment of perpetual burning could fit any crime. If we reap what we sow, how can anyone "reap" perpetual burning if they can't "sow" it?

If we all "deserve" this torture, and Jesus died to take our deserved punishment for us, how then, can the deserved punishment be perpetual burning if Jesus was not set on fire forever?
Apparently it is because God is so determined to have true worshipers that he needs to burn the ones who refuse. The whole idea is repulsive... He won't force you to be saved but he will burn you if you aren't... Sounds great!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Talk about hypocrisy........man-o-man....

We have a wow, just wow and now a man o man.

Anyone else want to validate my post.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:01 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,287,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Yes, thank you BHFT. Like so many others here (both ET and UR), your insight helps me grow in a way that I couldn't do alone!

Some here seem to be telling me that I was not "walking right." But the problem is not that.
The problem is that I was seeing that during the time I attended groups that preached hell/annihilation, I saw myself growing cold, resentful, judgmental, despiteful. And I knew that something was wrong, because in my heart I knew that I shouldn't judge, hate, condemn or exclude. Yet I couldn't stop!

This bitter attitude did begin to subside, however, when I focused on the message of God's reconciliation of the world to Himself, truly, and without a shadow of a doubt.

Whether any of you see this as a truth of God, or a lie of the devil, I will only say this: it is the truth of my own experience. God is my witness, because He saw my heart.

Blessings of love to all,
brian

Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,573,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, thank you BHFT. Like so many others here (both ET and UR), your insight helps me grow in a way that I couldn't do alone!

Some here seem to be telling me that I was not "walking right." But the problem is not that.
The problem is that I was seeing that during the time I attended groups that preached hell/annihilation, I saw myself growing cold, resentful, judgmental, despiteful. And I knew that something was wrong, because in my heart I knew that I shouldn't judge, hate, condemn or exclude. Yet I couldn't stop!

This bitter attitude did begin to subside, however, when I focused on the message of God's reconciliation of the world to Himself, truly, and without a shadow of a doubt.

Whether any of you see this as a truth of God, or a lie of the devil, I will only say this: it is the truth of my own experience. God is my witness, because He saw my heart.

Blessings of love to all,
brian
Keep trudging Brian...

Old 06-30-2010, 03:06 PM

63,036 posts, read 34,328,004 times
Quote:
We have a wow, just wow and now a man o man.

Anyone else want to validate my post.
I deleted my post. I don't want to have anything to do with your disrespectful attitude. You keep preaching love, as if you knew the meaning of the word, but your attitude displays the opposite of love.

So long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or