U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 10,029,818 times
Reputation: 58210

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Up the above post I read one other (Ilene's) that said she had "difficulty loving" before. You say "they all agreed that when they were 'ETs' they hated and despised everyone"?

Not seeing where you got that conclusion from.

I agree with you though - I know many love filled ET believers. But I do know a few very unloving and it seems ET doctrine does play a part in that.

If someone thinks God will throw away people like trash and removes all hope at death it's sure to affect their thinking toward others at some point?
They twisted what I said also FB so it doesn't surprise me that they turned that into "hated and despised" everyone. What I was trying to convey is that I had difficulty loving because I was so self-righteous in my beliefs and my actions BECAUSE of the ET belief and believing so few were going to make it to "heaven". Not that I hated or despised anyone, just that UR has opened my heart and mind and it's easier to love your enemies/opponents when you know that God does too.

He loves us ALL and will save us ALL from ourselves and so now when I speak to an atheist or "unbeliever" it's just so wonderful to know that they will not be spending an eternity in hell because of their unbelief and I love God's plan therefore I can love those who oppose God more. I always had love in my heart for other like-minded believers, but you know FB how I posted before towards those who opposed my beliefs and the difference in me and my posts now.

This is a little difficult to explain but the truth is the OP is correct in what he said....there is a difference in your heart and mind when you go from ET to UR. It's very exciting and just plain marvelous to know that God is not a destroyer, He is a giver of life and ALL will have eternal life with the Father. Now that makes you want to LOVE and HUG everyone!!

 
Old 07-01-2010, 08:04 AM
 
1,079 posts, read 773,517 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi all,
In addition to my recent post on the salvation of all, already accomplished by God through His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, I have one small additional reason as to why I believe in the salvation of the world (regardless of doctrinal views of the hows and whys of "getting there"). It is this:

As long as I believe that there is "judgment" and "hell" to pay to unbelievers (the type typically preached), I truly and honestly cannot "love my neighbor." I simply can't do it. I find myself hating, despising, judging and criticizing others.
Conversely, when I think on the eternal Mercy and Goodness and Salvation of all souls back to the Almighty, I rejoice, I have peace inside, I feel a beautiful desire to share the Good News with others, and my judging and despising is turned into Love!

A very simple, hands-on, doctrine-less, experiential reason why I am convinced that ET is not the Truth of God.

Maybe other people are able to "love thy neighbor as thyself" and still believe that they are going to hell. I personally cannot do it, and my experiences have proven it to me.

Blessings to all,
brian

Brian, exactly the same with me. When I was an ET'er and someone wronged me, I figured why should I forgive them when God wasn't going to. Now that I truly know the loving and forgiving nature of the Creator, I have no other option than to forgive.

This is one of the main reasons we are here, to learn to forgive others the way our Father does.

He is pouring out his Spirit and more and more are realizing this.
 
Old 07-01-2010, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,774,155 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Brian you are completely right .

Actually orthodox christianity is built on fear and the control of a man's mind , not faith in God , fear contrary to popular belief needs no faith , we are naturally drawn to it , that is why eternal torment is so easily accepted because the natural man is a slave to fear and death .
Absolutely! And I've tasted many flavors of Orthodox Christianity too... Been to a lot of different Christian denominations in my lifetime -- searching, searching, searching for true peace and for a good word about God. But it was not to be found in churches organized by men - it was always a mixture... God is good BUT..... Glad I never stopped searching though.

Hebrews 11
King James Version 1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. 4By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. 5By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. 7By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 11Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 12Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.13These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. 17By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: 19Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure. 20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. 21By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff. 22By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
23By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment. 24By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; 25Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. 27By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. 28Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them. 29By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

30By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days. 31By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
32And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: 33Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: 36And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: 37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; 38(Of whom the world was not worthy they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. 39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: 40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.



GLORY TO GOD!!!!
 
Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,691,191 times
Reputation: 1699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
They twisted what I said also FB so it doesn't surprise me that they turned that into "hated and despised" everyone. What I was trying to convey is that I had difficulty loving because I was so self-righteous in my beliefs and my actions BECAUSE of the ET belief and believing so few were going to make it to "heaven". Not that I hated or despised anyone, just that UR has opened my heart and mind and it's easier to love your enemies/opponents when you know that God does too.

He loves us ALL and will save us ALL from ourselves and so now when I speak to an atheist or "unbeliever" it's just so wonderful to know that they will not be spending an eternity in hell because of their unbelief and I love God's plan therefore I can love those who oppose God more. I always had love in my heart for other like-minded believers, but you know FB how I posted before towards those who opposed my beliefs and the difference in me and my posts now.

This is a little difficult to explain but the truth is the OP is correct in what he said....there is a difference in your heart and mind when you go from ET to UR. It's very exciting and just plain marvelous to know that God is not a destroyer, He is a giver of life and ALL will have eternal life with the Father. Now that makes you want to LOVE and HUG everyone!!
Wonderful post Ilene... You were normal before now you are super-normal...
 
Old 07-01-2010, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,771,883 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes, I see the love ooozing and dripping off your self righteous post.
Bro Steve Winter topped you. I suppose I spoke too soon.
 
Old 07-01-2010, 12:44 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,849,188 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwait2leave View Post
bro steve winter topped you. I suppose i spoke too soon.

lol
 
Old 07-01-2010, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,771,883 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazelwood View Post
lol
:d
 
Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 PM
 
1,468 posts, read 1,879,843 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
It's very exciting and just plain marvelous to know that God is not a destroyer, He is a giver of life and ALL will have eternal life with the Father. Now that makes you want to LOVE and HUG everyone!!
Enjoy hugging Hitler, Goebbels, and Himmler. While you're at it, I'm sure Stalin, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, and Pol Pot would appreciate a little squeeze or two. And don't forget Luis Garivito and David Parker Ray.
 
Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM
 
5,810 posts, read 4,802,089 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Enjoy hugging Hitler, Goebbels, and Himmler. While you're at it, I'm sure Stalin, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, and Pol Pot would appreciate a little squeeze or two. And don't forget Luis Garivito and David Parker Ray.

Let me be first in line to do so. I volunteer.
Do you know why? Because I imagine their testimonies will be quite glorious. Do you not see the glory it will give to God that those among us who traveled the FURTHEST in the darkness, God's power, God's LOVE, God being the GOOD SHEPHERD (who leaves the 99 to find the ONE who is lost) OVERCAME that darkness? That God's LOVE Conquers ALL?

Do you think darkness is so powerful?
Do you think the Light is so weak?
That the Hitlers, Bundys, Pol Pots can UNDO the will of God?
Every knee will bow and swear allegiance.
And the most lost among us... it will be a glorious sight to see.



Peace,
sparrow
 
Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,445,219 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Enjoy hugging Hitler, Goebbels, and Himmler. While you're at it, I'm sure Stalin, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, and Pol Pot would appreciate a little squeeze or two. And don't forget Luis Garivito and David Parker Ray.
Such truth. One of the problems with UR is that it mistakes what is being reconciled...not mankind itself, but the relationship between God and man.
The focus is so skewed, they are reliant solely upon a secret knowledge that is nowhere found in the scripture. None of these men above had a relationship with Christ, therefore, will never have one. It is what you have now in our sinful nature that allows us the ability to overcome what these men could not without Christ, or will have in this life for those being drawn from the Lord, that has AIONIOS ZOE.....the gift of that.....is what is in the unseen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top