U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 01:49 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,433,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That the Hitlers, Bundys, Pol Pots can UNDO the will of God?
Every knee will bow and swear allegiance.
There it is again....goodness gracious ...do you people know how to even correlate and confirm the scriptures??

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ALL MEN BOWING TO CHRIST!!!

Old 07-01-2010, 01:54 PM

5,806 posts, read 4,787,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
There it is again....goodness gracious ...do you people know how to even correlate and confirm the scriptures??

Why didn't you quote my whole post, sciotamicks? Just curious.

No need to shout, bro.

What I have shared is something that only some folks will understand.
And I'm ok with that. Because I know eventually ALL will understand.

I have full (100%) faith in the power of our Creator's love.
The darkness is no match.
The darkness, in whatever shape or form and in whatever vessel at the moment it occupies, is ultimately FUTILE.
Love Conquers All.
His WILL be done.
Every creature will sing His praises.
It's a breathtaking revelation once it starts to unfold in your heart.
Sorry bro. You, or anyone else, cannot ever steal this treasure from me.
It is here to stay.
And it continues to enlargen my heart in ways I never imagined possible.

peace,
sparrow

Old 07-01-2010, 01:54 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,837,276 times
Quote:

You are right it is about Bowing AND Confessing JESUS AS LORD TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER,

Get it right people.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:56 PM

5,806 posts, read 4,787,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You are right it is about Bowing AND Confessing JESUS AS LORD TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER,

Get it right people.

Amen.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:57 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,770,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Enjoy hugging Hitler, Goebbels, and Himmler. While you're at it, I'm sure Stalin, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, and Pol Pot would appreciate a little squeeze or two. And don't forget Luis Garivito and David Parker Ray.
Don't forget Paul. He was a murderer, too. And he didn't come to Christ through faith, but by sight.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,876,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Don't forget Paul. He was a murderer, too. And he didn't come to Christ through faith, but by sight.
Paul repented. As did St Augustine.

Perhaps these other yobs did as well, but it does seem highly unlikely. We really don't know for certain and will not until the Day of the Lord.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
None of these men above had a relationship with Christ, therefore, will never have one.
Why do you presume to know their hearts? You have no idea if they repented or not. Oh, but Mike555 says they wouldn't have to be sorry for their sins to be saved, as long as they believed in Jesus. Maybe they believed in Jesus. You don't know.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Paul repented. As did St Augustine.

Perhaps these other yobs did as well, but it does seem highly unlikely. We really don't know for certain and will not until the Day of the Lord.
This is where it gets confusing - when you hear all the different things people say you have to do to be saved. Mike555 could argue with your post, and tell you that repentance is not necessary for salvation because you just need to believe in Jesus. However, I assume Paul's "chance" to exercise his belief/faith would end at the point he saw Christ, because faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen. So how could Paul be saved without faith? Maybe it's because God does the saving, not us.

Today's threads should make it clear to readers that since NO ONE even knows for SURE what one should DO to be saved, that it would be quite unfair for God to require us to DO something. The fact that we are incapable of "saving ourselves," even if we happen to choose the right doctrine, is precisely why we need a Savior.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:14 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,876,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
This is where it gets confusing - when you hear all the different things people say you have to do to be saved. Mike555 could argue with your post, and tell you that repentance is not necessary for salvation because you just need to believe in Jesus. However, I assume Paul's "chance" to exercise his belief/faith would end at the point he saw Christ, because faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen. So how could Paul be saved without faith? Maybe it's because God does the saving, not us.

Today's threads should make it clear to readers that since NO ONE even knows for SURE what one should DO to be saved, that it would be quite unfair for God to require us to DO something. The fact that we are incapable of "saving ourselves," even if we happen to choose the right doctrine, is precisely why we need a Savior.
You are correct - God does the saving. But we also play a role in this saving, by responding to or rejecting His grace (this is the Catholic view).

Your other arguments would be difficult to refute in a world where all Christians followed Sola Scriptura.

The Catholic Church, however, does not teach Sola Scriptura, so Catholics do not have any of the dilemmas you cite.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:17 PM

159 posts, read 150,081 times
Quote:
Enjoy hugging Hitler, Goebbels, and Himmler. While you're at it, I'm sure Stalin, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, and Pol Pot would appreciate a little squeeze or two. And don't forget Luis Garivito and David Parker Ray.
Yes, but by Evangelical theology it is meaningless to mentionin extreme criminals and mass murderers when by their theology almost everyone else (including most of their victims) is going to eternal hell. Yeah, Hitler is in hell, but so what? So is every single Jew who died in Holocaust. Their theology has nothing to do with good and evil and everything to do with accepting Jesus in this lifetime. That's the only way they judge worth of a man.

Say want you want about UR-ers here, but they are saying that Hitler & Co are going to be punished trough many ages before being admitted to heaven. So they admit that who we are and what we do make plenty of difference. According to many Evangelicals only action that at all matters on this Earth is accepting Jesus. This makes every mass murderer and every non-Christian victim of mass murderer basically the same in the eyes of God. So why bring those folks up?

edit:
Sorry I just figured out that you are Catholic and they generally believe that you don't have to be Christian to be saved, and that our works matter, too. My post still stands for most Evangelicals here.

Last edited by python87; 07-01-2010 at 03:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or