Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,214,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I am not doing anything to myself. I acknowledge everything I have said, I said it and I meant every word and any attitude I have is what it is and your assessment of it is irrelevant.

The pharasees didn't like Jesus attitude either.

Nice try, but no dice.
To me you come across extremely self righteous and unloving. Why do you always have to one-up someone? You have to have the last word.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:41 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,484,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Brian you are completely right .

Actually orthodox christianity is built on fear and the control of a man's mind , not faith in God , fear contrary to popular belief needs no faith , we are naturally drawn to it , that is why eternal torment is so easily accepted because the natural man is a slave to fear and death .
UR = Unorthodox Christianity.

I can agree with that.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:45 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,588,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
To me you come across extremely self righteous and unloving. Why do you always have to one-up someone? You have to have the last word.
IMO it seems there are 2 involved both wanting "the last word" and both do not want the other to have "the last word"

Old 06-30-2010, 04:48 PM

76,972 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Stop it both of you
I already said I am done with his "loving" attitude (sarcasm alert)

Old 06-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
UR = Unorthodox Christianity.

I can agree with that.
Orthodoxy does not mean truth --- hence the thousands of different denominations ..................

all protestants are unorthodox in the eyes of the RCC

Old 06-30-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I already said I am done with his "loving" attitude (sarcasm alert)

Old 06-30-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
No, but Jesus loved them unto death.
He declared to some of them that they will not be saved in this world, or the next world. And he called them "sons of the devil".

BTW Are you going explain what you meant when you said you hated your neighbors when you were a born again Christian? I can't get my head around that statement.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-30-2010 at 05:08 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
It's ok, he can have the last word. It was probably the last ever from me. I dont' come here to poison my mind with that kind of "stuff".

Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,344,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes he did, I'm not Jesus and don't put on a mask as if I might be.
I know you don't put a mask on; your sincerity comes across well, and I think it's valued a lot! It's not easy to be sincere.
(I'm not Jesus either. So that makes 2 of us! )

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-30-2010, 05:09 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,661,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
How so? It seems to me that you have dismissed unbelievers as sinners a few times on here as if they are not worth your time... isn't that true? Isn't it true that you tell people they will go to hell if they don't conform? Isn't that Judging them? How do you know? Because they sin you are bias towards them and judge their eternity in order to save them from your idea of what their eternity will be...???

If God can't DRAW them what makes you think you can help?

What good does prayer do if God can't even draw them without their consent? Seems quite useless... doesn't it?

What good news are you sharing? That they are doomed to burn forever so they better believe as you do? Yeah... that is good news. Better for them having never heard that "great news" IMO!

There ya go... Take your own advice. Why would you dwell on hell? What part of hell makes you so happy to believe in it? Your prejudice against unbelievers and sinners is what makes you happy, isn't it?
You know what katjonjj..... I am not even going to go there with you and stoop to the level you have in your post to condemn, disrespectfully treat another soul, and especially put words in the mouth of another and falsely accuse your neighbor !!

I have enough respect for you believe it or not and do forgive you for what you have said in this post so hatefully and unkindly !!

I do know that God is listening and definitely is not pleased in what you have posted here !!!!

Just one thing I will tell you and that is you really need to forgive your family and ask of them to forgive you.
The unforgivingness is causing you to be a very bitter, resentful woman and because of this unforgivingness toward them, you are allowing it to spew out on everyone in this forum and only God knows where else !!
And I truly mean this with all my heart in a very loving way, Katjonjj !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity