Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:17 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,335,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not really. If you say you felt like that, I believe it, but I just don't see a born again Christian feel that way. I just can't picture it. Were you a born again Christian before you believed in UR? There is something that doesn't add up.
Yes, I was born again, or regenerated, before I began attending the groups I mentioned earlier.
The joy I felt at learning of a God of Love was "quenched" by these teachings of hell/annihilation. And although I knew on a "rational level" that I didn't agree with this type of preaching (because it was so contrary to my own experiences in the Spirit), I was nevertheless starting to see something else grow in me, which was hate.
They told me to "hate sin, but not the sinner." But I saw hate in them towards others, I felt it in me, and the "unbelievers" could see it, too. (But, of course, they were "wrong" because they were "lost heathen.")

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-01-2010, 05:24 AM

76,900 posts, read 47,211,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, I was born again, or regenerated, before I began attending the groups I mentioned earlier.
The joy I felt at learning of a God of Love was "quenched" by these teachings of hell/annihilation. And although I knew on a "rational level" that I didn't agree with this type of preaching (because it was so contrary to my own experiences in the Spirit), I was nevertheless starting to see something else grow in me, which was hate.
They told me to "hate sin, but not the sinner." But I saw hate in them towards others, I felt it in me, and the "unbelievers" could see it, too. (But, of course, they were "wrong" because they were "lost heathen.")

Blessings,
brian
They quoted Ghandi, and they were hateful? Some group.

Well, I am glad I didn't run into a group like that, but then again if I had, I would have told them their teaching was was not Biblical, and then I would have walked away. This is why one needs to study the Bible as opposed to taking some group leader's word for it.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
They quoted Ghandi, and they were hateful? Some group.

Well, I am glad I didn't run into a group like that, but then again if I had, I would have told them their teaching was was not Biblical, and then I would have walked away. This is why one needs to study the Bible as opposed to taking some group leader's word for it.
No, they didn't mention Ghandi, except that he was already in hell. And I kid you not.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-01-2010, 06:00 AM

76,900 posts, read 47,211,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
No, they didn't mention Ghandi, except that he was already in hell. And I kid you not.
"hate sin, but not the sinner" is a Mamatha Gandhi quote.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
At any rate, they said it. But the point is that the hate always "spilled over" to the sinner, in my experience, and in what I saw in those around me.
And they justified their attitude as a "no compromise" walk with Christ.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,590,351 times
Quote:
I guess any UR, since they all agreed that when they were 'ETs' they hated and despised everyone.
Up the above post I read one other (Ilene's) that said she had "difficulty loving" before. You say "they all agreed that when they were 'ETs' they hated and despised everyone"?

Not seeing where you got that conclusion from.

I agree with you though - I know many love filled ET believers. But I do know a few very unloving and it seems ET doctrine does play a part in that.

If someone thinks God will throw away people like trash and removes all hope at death it's sure to affect their thinking toward others at some point?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:43 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,590,351 times
Quote:
Mahatma Gandhi said "hate sin, love the sinner".

Do you disagree with this concept?

Old 07-01-2010, 07:30 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,908,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
To me you come across extremely self righteous and unloving. Why do you always have to one-up someone? You have to have the last word.
Yes, I see the love ooozing and dripping off your self righteous post.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
It's ok, he can have the last word. It was probably the last ever from me. I dont' come here to poison my mind with that kind of "stuff".

oh the love just drips like a thick sauce off your post.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I already said I am done with his "loving" attitude (sarcasm alert)

Do you mean it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity