U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:18 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,557,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
So, because we have the capabilities with "today's" news, and we "hear it much faster"'....that means they're not happening? Today? okay...

It means they are not happening any more than before.Do you think that because you didn't hear of these 30 years ago during the Walter Cronkite 30 minutes of news in the evening era that they weren't therefore happening?Okay......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 12:22 PM

2,616 posts, read 4,007,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
No it's not. It's the same thing happening year after year only with today's news you hear more of it at a faster pace.

On the other hand, if you look up, the sky is falling.

busta
Which reinforces that these are the last days: "even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." (Daniel 12:4b)

Old 06-30-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Which reinforces that these are the last days: "even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." (Daniel 12:4b)
Classic prooftexting.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,905,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
'Knowlegde shall be increased' to tell us there is an increase in earthquake activity?

I really hate when people use even the bible at their whims to make it SAY what they want it to say. The passage is NOT saying that in the last days knowledge will increase (as proof that the bible is accurate). What it is LITERALLY saying is this:

And thou, O Daniel, hide the things, and seal the book till the time of the end, many do go to and fro, and knowledge is multiplied.' - Daniel 12:4 (Young's Literal translation)

Or:

But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge. (Daniel 12:4 NIV)

Old 06-30-2010, 02:09 PM

21,188 posts, read 20,994,094 times
I'd like to see you people in a meteor shower! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Meteor showers happen to be one of my favorite things - very beautiful! However, I suppose it really means that "the end is near." Oooooooohhhhh.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'd like to see you people in a meteor shower! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Meteor showers happen to be one of my favorite things - very beautiful! However, I suppose it really means that "the end is near." Oooooooohhhhh.
For some folks here,the electricity going out in a storm is proof that the end is near.So is their car running out of gas. ( It NEVER ran out before in all the years I owned.It must be a sign of the end!).Tornadoes are now a sign,even though never mentioned in the Bible.Severe snowstorms will be the next sign.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:36 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,905,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
For some folks here,the electricity going out in a storm is proof that the end is near.So is their car running out of gas. ( It NEVER ran out before in all the years I owned.It must be a sign of the end!).Tornadoes are now a sign,even though never mentioned in the Bible.Severe snowstorms will be the next sign.
What's interesting is that the "signs" mentioned in the bible are redundant. Predicting earthquakes in the Rift Valley area and the Mediterranean Basin where the western Middle East is sandwiched and earthquakes is hardly earthshattering. Now, if those guys were able to predict hurricanes in the Antartica or ice storms in the Caribbean, THEN I might be inclined to pay attention. What else were they supposed to predict in an area prone to severe earthquakes? LOL Whoopee! Jesus predicted earthquakes will occur in an area known for earthquakes. Brilliant!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:16 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,296,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, a typical thread over at this pre-trib rapture website I mentioned would be:

they're always like that over there.it gets annoying,to say the least,if you try and read there for any length of time.
they aren't allowed to date-set...but they sure do start that 'we're going home soon!!!!' stuff all the time.I don't see much difference.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:21 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,296,641 times
as bad as it sounds,hurricanes exist for a reason...they deep-clean the ocean.the waves,the tides/pull of the moon can't do it all.
so while that might be bad for the land and for ppl...the ocean and the weather are just doing their job.perhaps God knew in advance that man might do something stupid like what happened with this oil spill.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
as bad as it sounds,hurricanes exist for a reason...they deep-clean the ocean.the waves,the tides/pull of the moon can't do it all.
so while that might be bad for the land and for ppl...the ocean and the weather are just doing their job.perhaps God knew in advance that man might do something stupid like what happened with this oil spill.
They also dissipate huge amounts of pent up energy stored as heat in the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity