U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,056,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"Always the same old demons!! "get thee behind me satan!!
Move!! Go from whence you came!! Move over! "BACK"!! I-rebuke-you in-the name-of-Jesus Christ!!
What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 PM

6,803 posts, read 7,381,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What are you talking about?
Read the links I posted above. She is fighting demons. :-)

Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 PM

40,220 posts, read 26,833,383 times
Quote:
Passing on another great message, one that could possibly save your life!

“Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,” 1 Timothy 4:1.
What you and all the fundies seem not to get is that when this was "written in ink" . . . today (2000+years later) has already BEEN the "latter times" for millennia. Satan and his demons have had over 2000 years to accomplish what was predicted (and has achieved, IMO).Who is it that believes in myths as if they were literal? Who has made evil into good by rationalizing that what is clearly evil . . . is good just because it is supposed to be from God? I love your passion for the Lord, Betsey . . . but I'm afraid you are fighting for the wrong "precepts and doctrines of men written in ink" . . . and NOT the Living Word of God Jesus Christ as "written in our hearts." God is LOVE . . . NOT some egomaniacal tyrant seeking acknowledgment OR ELSE!!!.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 PM

32,325 posts, read 21,173,799 times
The one warfare that we should be concerned with is the one happening right between our ears .

Old 06-30-2010, 07:11 PM

22,005 posts, read 16,765,082 times
Quote:
Passing on another great message, one that could possibly save your life!

“Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,” 1 Timothy 4:1.

When it comes to our Bibles there are basically two doctrines available to all humanity: God’s doctrines or precepts, and man’s interpretations of God’s doctrines and precepts. Throughout history, man in many cases has made it clear that he believes he is wiser than God.Moderator cut: edit Full article here: Ron Graham

What an awesome read! We're truly living in a time where the truth is becoming increasingly unpopular. Men love their darkness and revel in it! Jesus himself says: I am the light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”

We repeatedly come to you, day after day, warning you about the hour in which we're living, yet, it appears you're content on being blinded by this darkness; which means you can’t see whats going on.....it could certainly be said that you’re in ignorance. And mind you, that doesn't have to mean your crazy, or dumb. It means, that you’re uninformed. It means that you’re in the 'dark' about things that you should know about both in practical and spiritual things. It's often said: Ignorance can be educated, amen? What's in the dark can come to light!

Good people, God doesn’t want His children to be stumbling around in the darkness of ignorance. He wants us to be informed. He wants us to have the revelation knowledge of His Word so that we can better do His will in the earth. Doing our part to help establish His Kingdom; while pulling down Satan‘s kingdom of darkness. Don't take my word for it, take His!! The Holy Spirit is our Teacher, who's here to lead us into ALL truth, ALL OF IT!! Not just the parts that "tickle our ears", mind you! If you haven't never owned and opened a Bible, it's time. Haven't dusted it off in years? It's time. So after you've bought one, found one, dusted it off AND open it..... pray first and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and to lead you into the revelation truth of God’s Word. Expect Him to be there with you as you read and be sensitive to His voice, be listening with your spirit for Him to teach you some things about what you’re reading. Receive it, in faith! AMEN??

Knowing the truth of God’s Word can mean the difference between failure or success in your walk with Jesus. WRITE IT ACROSS YOUR HEARTS and take it with you everyday! It will give you the POWER to ward of the lies, to pick sense from nonsense! It can mean the difference between power of the Holy Spirit in your life and defeat. When God said: “My people perish for lack of knowledge.” He wasn’t talking about how much of the Word you can quote. He’s talking about how much of the revealed knowledge you have in your spirit of the Word. That Word revealed and made alive in your spirit by the Holy Spirit!!!

With love......your sister in Christ
God bless you Betsey!!!

The Bible is God's complete and connected message to man regarding what He saw fit to communicate to man. It is the absolute norm and standard by which the believer in Christ is to live his life. Ignorance of the word of God guarantees failure in the spiritual life and causes the believer to be a loser believer. Eternally saved, but without the blessings and rewards that God intends for him to have.Those believers (and that is most believers) remain ignorant of Bible doctrine and susceptible to indoctrination of cosmic doctrines of demons.

I tried to rep you, but wasn't allowed.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-01-2010 at 03:44 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 07:11 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,056,759 times
So, are these "demons" people or invisible forces? I mean - are all non Christians demons? Or are demons just bad thoughts?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 PM

6,803 posts, read 7,381,931 times
Quote:
So, are these "demons" people or invisible forces? I mean - are all non Christians demons? Or are demons just bad thoughts?
Invisible forces. The theory is that anything going wrong with you, any sin you struggle with, any problem in life is due to demons controlling you.

So any of us who say thing that this crowd disagrees with must be controlled by demons, hence the rebuking of the demons.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,729,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Read the links I posted above. She is fighting demons. :-)
And considering she follows this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
God is Love, Gods whole council is made of Love it cannot be made of anything else, for God IS love.
With this:
Quote:
"Always the same old demons!! "get thee behind me satan!!
Move!! Go from whence you came!! Move over! "BACK"!! I-rebuke-you in-the name-of-Jesus Christ!!
It seems to be against the "God is love" demons???!!!

Seriously though - whatever you think or our belief that "God is love" Betsy - I'll tell you this: The fight has always been against religiosity which blocks the entrance into the kingdom which is love, joy and peace in the Holy Spirit. It has ALWAYS been against the oppressive powers that be and FOR the oppressed.

"You are of your father the devil" was a phrase reserved for the religious exclusionists. "Who has bewitched you" was a phrase reserved for those who wanted to go back under the law (like some here do). Show me one case where Jesus or an apostle went off on someone for believing God is love?

The doctrine of demons is the one that proclaims an all persuasive devil is victorious against the saving power of Christ - instead of proclaiming the truth that "Now is the Prince of this world cast out". It is the one who denies that God will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. It denies that God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself and that ALL creation will be reconciled. It denies that "as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive".

Also - us "God is love" proponents aren't necessarily adhering to some mamby pamby ideas about God's love. I believe in the lion of Judah who strikes fear in the hearts of the oppressors. "Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain".

I believe in a love which is violent when necessary, just as I would break through a thousand garrisons and have no pity if one of my daughters was being harmed (for instance).

The BIG BIG difference between a fundie and me though is that I understand the wrath is NOT and will never be against the souls of men, even though because of where they are spiritually and circumstantially they are often taken out. They are the VICTIMS here - not the perpetrators. Mankind was created in God's image and is the apple of God's eye and all humans will ultimately be freed by Christ since they are the offspring of God and since in God they live and move and have their being.

So while some preach the doctrine of eternal wrath and torment I will continue to bring the good news. That God is not against people - only against the powers that bind them. Only against the prisons that hold them in darkness and ignorance.

I will speak against the age old religious systems that continue to deny God's love and true character.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:26 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,729,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The one warfare that we should be concerned with is the one happening right between our ears .
That's the one!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM

22,005 posts, read 16,765,082 times
Quote:
Demons are the fallen angels that followed Satan in his rebellion against God. They comprise roughly one-third of the angelic race. There are those who think that the demons are not the fallen angels, but rather are the departed spirits of the Nephilim (Gen 6:4). There is some merit in this belief. Either way, they serve Satan and oppose man. And they are the enemy in the angelic conflict in which mankind is involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity