U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:44 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,493,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The council of Elvira in the fourth century declared that all the clergy should not marry or if already married refrain from intercourse and child bearing. It was later further ratified by another decree in 390 CE during the council of Carthage ...

Who are the ones who had come into the church teaching to abstain from marriage? In the fourth century Christianity had been completely sabotaged from within until it finally became the religion of the state and completely incorporated into the secular government. Do you know who the god of this world is? Do you know who is the King of all the governments in this world at this time is? Satan ... And during the fourth century, Satan had taken control of Christianity. And then came all the heresies and false doctrines at the same time, such as ET, which until that time was the fringe doctrine held by a small minority of Christians who were based in Carthage and in Rome of all places, Latin speaking Christians in the west far removed from the first seven churches in Asia, who had very little understanding of the Koine Greek mind you.

Go figure ...
I'm going to have to start calling you "dad," Ironmaw, even though it looks like you are the same age as me. You're starting to sound like him, what with your references to Jung and asking me such questions.

My dad used to say things like, "do you know who the god of this world is?" And, "a prophet is not welcome in his hometown." And he would ask me if I was a prophet or the son of a prophet. He even started calling me "sir." Weird stuff. But some of it makes sense, now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 03:55 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,406,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I'm going to have to start calling you "dad," Ironmaw, even though it looks like you are the same age as me. You're starting to sound like him, what with your references to Jung and asking me such questions.

My dad used to say things like, "do you know who the god of this world is?" And, "a prophet is not welcome in his hometown." And he would ask me if I was a prophet or the son of a prophet. He even started calling me "sir." Weird stuff. But some of it makes sense, now.

I am using inductive reasoning based on scripture and actual historical developments which took place in the early Church. If you pay close attention to history you will see exactly how Christianity was hijacked by the powers of "hell" ...

Sorry if i made you feel awkward ...

Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I am using inductive reasoning based on scripture and actual historical developments which took place in the early Church. If you pay close attention to history you will see exactly how Christianity was hijacked by the powers of "hell" ...

Sorry if i made you feel awkward ...

Not awkward, just kinda sad. I actually miss my dad's talks (not sure whether you could call it talking or not, though). I have a lot of baggage.

But, yes, I can see why my dad was an angry person; not that he was justified in behaving the way he did, but I can see why religion made him red in the face. Well, not just religion. Politics, the LA Lakers, whatever.

Sigh.

What were we talking about???

Oh, doctrines of demons. Those filthy "break your mental and spiritual back" doctrines.

Carry on.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-01-2010 at 04:30 PM..

Old 07-02-2010, 04:36 AM

8,108 posts, read 7,080,049 times
Prayed many deliverances though Jesus Spirit and one thing I have noticed over all these was that Holy Spirit was the only Spirit left after he cleaned these demons away , another proof that the Word of God is true when Believer listen to the Lord and get understanding through him...... Holy Spirit does not clean himself in deliverances of the blood.....Sure there are many doctrines that do not come from The author and the finisher Lord Jesus Christ , and most are rooted from pride and condemnation, control and unbelief and can be very deceptive.....

Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,585,780 times
Did you know for everything God does, Satan has a counterfeit? There's quite a few name that he goes by, but can you identify some of his ways?

Did you know he also.....entraps (1 Tim 3:7; 2 Tim 2:26), blinds (2 Cor 4:4), takes the truth away (Luke 8:12), resists good (Zech 3:1; Rev 2:10; 1 Thes 2:18), promotes evil (Luke 22:3; Acts 5:3), transforms himself (2 Cor 11:14)?

That he also deceives as stated in the book of Revelation 12:9 ? "And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him".

And that's just the beginning..............What else do you know about your adversary, the devil?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Did you know for everything God does, Satan has a counterfeit? There's quite a few name that he goes by, but can you identify some of his ways?

Did you know he also.....entraps (1 Tim 3:7; 2 Tim 2:26), blinds (2 Cor 4:4), takes the truth away (Luke 8:12), resists good (Zech 3:1; Rev 2:10; 1 Thes 2:18), promotes evil (Luke 22:3; Acts 5:3), transforms himself (2 Cor 11:14)?

That he also deceives as stated in the book of Revelation 12:9 ? "And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him".

And that's just the beginning..............What else do you know about your adversary, the devil?

Way more than I want to, and he is firmly set in concrete in organized religion (any of them). Where else do you think he'd be?

Old 07-03-2010, 06:58 AM

27,992 posts, read 15,074,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I didn't mean that there were no wrong and right in anything - I meant that maybe there were no wrongs and rights that we could tell of in other people's relationship with God. I mean that, as far as Christians are concerned, maybe it is not for them to be able to tell who has a wrong or right relationship with God.
I definitely believe in right and wrong, although, being a Heatherist (it's my name) - they probably aren't the same rights and wrongs as most people on here!
Peace
Paul said, '1Co 10:29 Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?'

There is something being said here...

Old 07-03-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
God is Love, Gods whole council is made of Love it cannot be made of anything else, for God IS love.

May people find this peace and live their life to the fullest in the spirit not in religious slumber.
What is your definition of Love?...was it very loving for God to do the things He did in the OT?...or is the modern definition of Love a corruption?...

Old 07-03-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What are you talking about?
She is Pentacostal....

Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 AM

It seems everyone on here is Ignorant (uneducated) in the Word of God and pick and choose what to spout in order to back up there beliefs...and if asked to explain the parts of the bible where God destroys people (unloving by our modern standards) they simpley say that that was written by man and is not the true character of God, however, the verses that show UR are inspired by God and not written by man...WOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity