U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2010, 07:16 AM
 
Location: US
27,956 posts, read 15,043,765 times
Reputation: 1734

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Ephesians 6:12 "For we are not fighting against flesh people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms".
And who is it that is in Heaven?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,581,800 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Way more than I want to, and he is firmly set in concrete in organized religion (any of them). Where else do you think he'd be?

I asked:
What else do you know about your adversary, the devil? Not where you think he is. That's rather easy to figure out......He's right there in the midst of that nonsense UR spew out of UR mouth everyday! Want to find satan? There's no need for a road map or compass......just listen to the "Doctrine of UR"! Everybody gets saved!! You think?


Carry on........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 AM
 
40,044 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Reputation: 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What is your definition of Love?...was it very loving for God to do the things He did in the OT?...or is the modern definition of Love a corruption?...
God was accused of (or credited with depending on your view) a lot of things by our ignorant primitive savage ancestors . . . there is little point in arguing with an OT believer in fables (You know the ones prophesied about in the "latter days" . . . which as far as they were concerned referred to the last 2000+ years!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It seems everyone on here is Ignorant (uneducated) in the Word of God and pick and choose what to spout in order to back up there beliefs...and if asked to explain the parts of the bible where God destroys people (unloving by our modern standards) they simpley say that that was written by man and is not the true character of God, however, the verses that show UR are inspired by God and not written by man...WOW!
The scriptures were ALL INSPIRED . . . BUT NOT DICTATED . . . so they had to be interpreted within the culture and knowledge that existed at the time (which from our vantage point was utter primitive ignorance). The only exemplars of Rulers were HUMAN . . with all our atrocious human ego weaknesses and desires. The concept of agape love was virtually non-existent until Jesus . . . which is why He stood out so brightly among the savages. When the epitome of wisdom in a King is found in His command to cut a baby in two to solve a dispute between two women claiming to be the mother . . . and he is believed!!! . . . we are not talking about reliable interpreters with modern sensibilities by any stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 10:13 AM
 
40,044 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Reputation: 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

I asked:
What else do you know about your adversary, the devil? Not where you think he is. That's rather easy to figure out......He's right there in the midst of that nonsense UR spew out of UR mouth everyday! Want to find satan? There's no need for a road map or compass......just listen to the "Doctrine of UR"! Everybody gets saved!! You think?
Carry on........
The totality of the twisting of evil into good is represented in these "latter days" by the mainstream belief in ET or Annihilation . . . along with all the belief in fables. It is a primitive notion that belief can be threatened or coerced . . so what the heck is the purpose of pushing the doctrine of ET on people who already believe in Christ? How can you possibly consider it Satanic when we espouse love of Jesus. There is zero possibility that anyone's beliefs could actually be changed by the threat of ET or Annihiliation. That is not how belief works . . . and changing beliefs is NOT our job . . . that is God's. So what the hell is the purpose of your adamant proselytiziing of the hell doctrine? All that could be accomplished by fomenting fear is to corrupt any love that might be there. Fear and love cannot co-exist . . . that is an ignorant expectation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,581,800 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The totality of the twisting of evil into good is represented in these "latter days" by the mainstream belief in ET or Annihilation . . . along with all the belief in fables. It is a primitive notion that belief can be threatened or coerced . . so what the heck is the purpose of pushing the doctrine of ET on people who already believe in Christ? How can you possibly consider it Satanic when we espouse love of Jesus. There is zero possibility that anyone's beliefs could actually be changed by the threat of ET or Annihiliation. That is not how belief works . . . and changing beliefs is NOT our job . . . that is God's. So what the hell is the purpose of your adamant proselytiziing of the hell doctrine? All that could be accomplished by fomenting fear is to corrupt any love that might be there. Fear and love cannot co-exist . . . that is an ignorant expectation.
I've told you many of times, conversion of one soul out of darkness into the light, is solely the role of the HOLY SPIRIT!! Please let's put that argument to rest. Really!! That's not why we stay, sir! We stay because the TRUTH OF GOD MUST BE TOLD!! That there is something to be saved from! Call it what you want! For the sake of arguments presented here, let's call it SEPARATION FROM GOD!! Be it one hour, 10, 40, or ETERNITY.......it's long enough! I'm beginning to think that your not seeing the bigger picture. What's the bigger picture?......let me explain:

We are all disobedient children in the eyes of God. Every last one of us! Yes? God has corrected that. He sent His son to die for the sins of the world, yes? FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF WHOMSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM, SHALL NOT DIE, BUT HAVE LIFE EVERLASTING! We want people to have life everlasting! That's why we stay!

UR is deceitful! Just like the co-author of it, SATAN!! It's speaks the a similar language, sound alike, and may even look alike.....but that's where the simirlarity ends. It leads you straight to the same place you were bought out of (yes, bought with the blood of Jesus Christ, if you will only believe) it leads you straight to HELL!!

Telling people that you need do nothing, that your saved regardless of how they live this life here on Earth is nothing short of DEMONIC!! This same Christ that died for YOU, was condemned, judged, crucified in HIS PHYSICAL BODY, to save you!! And, it's through His death....it's how we we're reconciled BACK to Him!! Yes, back, because we would have surely died without His intervention, yes? YES!!

Hence today.....Your sitting here and telling people that they can continue on in sin? Do nothing different in their lives, in essence, bypass the Son if you desire, live as you please in your physical body and still be saved? And the only answer you have to give when asked why do you people think this way, your answer is..:"Oh, because He's love"...."Because He's an all-loving merciful God that just wouldn't dare lose any of His children"......

UR don't get it do you? THE DEVIL HAS CHILDREN TOO!! Some that are just as downright deceiving and vile!!YES, like father, like son/daughter!! And, it's the spirit of these that we wrestling against! ( Not any particular person mind you, the SPIRIT is what I said! This is why we stay!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,433,198 times
Reputation: 420
Preach it Betsey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,433,198 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
. So what the hell is the purpose of your adamant proselytiziing of the hell doctrine? .
Because you promote the UR doctrine, we must combat it, and the secret hidden and cloaked lies within the many truths of Orthodox Christianity that exist within UR, is the simple fact of salvation without Jesus, post mortem redemption is condoned. This is a flat out LIE. Nowhere in the scriptures is this. And God is unchanging dear Mystic, as He killed and tortured many on the past for disobedience, He will do so again, and does so now. He wiped out the entire human race once except for a handful of people, He will do it again for not accepting His Son.....it is guaranteed, as He said He would.

You are dead without Christ in you. That means dead, not alive, ever, unless Christ puts to death the old man...your sin nature, and you are resurrected unto life, which cannot be done, when your corpse and sin nature has been laid to rest upon your last breath. Without that, you are a disembodied spirit destined for the lake of fire. Simple. The corruptible cannot put on an incorruptible without a corruptible. And when you are being tormented, temporarly as you may believe, it is still torment and suffering, something that you claim God cannot do, although He still does even in your paradigm, that specific soul does not have his corruptbile body anymore, so that soul cannot put on any incorruptible body.

Therefore he is dead.....still. For ages and ages, for ever and ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,581,800 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Because you promote the UR doctrine, we must combat it, and the secret hidden and cloaked lies within the many truths of Orthodox Christianity that exist within UR, is the simple fact of salvation without Jesus, post mortem redemption is condoned. This is a flat out LIE. Nowhere in the scriptures is this. And God is unchanging dear Mystic, as He killed and tortured many on the past for disobedience, He will do so again, and does so now. He wiped out the entire human race once except for a handful of people, He will do it again for not accepting His Son.....it is guaranteed, as He said He would.

You are dead without Christ in you. That means dead, not alive, ever, unless Christ puts to death the old man...your sin nature, and you are resurrected unto life, which cannot be done, when your corpse and sin nature has been laid to rest upon your last breath. Without that, you are a disembodied spirit destined for the lake of fire. Simple. The corruptible cannot put on an incorruptible without a corruptible. And when you are being tormented, temporarly as you may believe, it is still torment and suffering, something that you claim God cannot do, although He still does even in your paradigm, that specific soul does not have his corruptbile body anymore, so that soul cannot put on any incorruptible body.

Therefore he is dead.....still. For ages and ages, for ever and ever.

EXACTLY!! Let me add: Yes, His DESIRE IS that all be saved! That's His desire.....
Another one of His DESIRE IS: His desire is that people do what is right and not sin. To do righteousness and justice is desired by the Lord rather than sacrifice," (Prov. 21:3). Go and learn what this means: 'I want mercy and not sacrifice,' because I did not come to call righteous people, but sinners." (Matt. 9:13)

But people still sin in spite of God's stated desire..........
Was it the desire of God that Adam and Eve rebel? No.
Was it God's will that David commit adultery? No.
Yet, they did the very thing God did not want. God desires that all people repent (Acts 17:30); but not all do
!! Hence, not all will be saved!!

BUT WAIT!! There's GREAT NEWS! GOOD NEWS! THE BEST NEWS you would ever hear in this life......you don't have to be separated from Him for any amount of time!! Really!! You have time TODAY to get right with God. TODAY is the day of SALVATION! Awesome news huh? And it's gets better. You mean, there's more? Yes, there's more...it FREE and AVAILABLE to EACH AND ANY ONE that wants it! Wow!! I urge you to receive this awesome Gift of Salvation today!!


Last edited by Betsey Lane; 07-03-2010 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: typo's, comma's, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,489,911 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

I asked:
What else do you know about your adversary, the devil? Not where you think he is. That's rather easy to figure out......He's right there in the midst of that nonsense UR spew out of UR mouth everyday! Want to find satan? There's no need for a road map or compass......just listen to the "Doctrine of UR"! Everybody gets saved!! You think?


Carry on........
Oh, dear, Betsey. I wish you would think for just one second, or two.

If Satan (fear, torture, etc) wanted to think up the worst doctrine of all time to try and malign God (who is love) and His character, what doctrine would that be?

When Jesus was shouting at the religious leaders, what do you think he was so angry about?

Hmm.... Babylon HAS to come down sooner or later. Yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 03:13 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,572,386 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Oh, dear, Betsey. I wish you would think for just one second, or two.

If Satan (fear, torture, etc) wanted to think up the worst doctrine of all time to try and malign God (who is love) and His character, what doctrine would that be?

When Jesus was shouting at the religious leaders, what do you think he was so angry about?

Hmm.... Babylon HAS to come down sooner or later. Yes?
Have you seen the movie "Hunchback of Notredame"? My grandkids grew up watching this movie (both the animated and the one with Antony Hopkins)

Anyway...for some reason this thread reminds me of that movie...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top