U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-30-2010, 12:24 PM

4,217 posts, read 3,255,536 times
Default Doctrines of Demons

Passing on another great message, one that could possibly save your life!

“Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,” 1 Timothy 4:1.

When it comes to our Bibles there are basically two doctrines available to all humanity: God’s doctrines or precepts, and man’s interpretations of God’s doctrines and precepts. Throughout history, man in many cases has made it clear that he believes he is wiser than God.Moderator cut: copyright violation Full article here: Ron Graham

What an awesome read! We're truly living in a time where the truth is becoming increasingly unpopular. Men love their darkness and revel in it! Jesus himself says: I am the light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”

We repeatedly come to you, day after day, warning you about the hour in which we're living, yet, it appears you're content on being blinded by this darkness; which means you can’t see whats going on.....it could certainly be said that you’re in ignorance. And mind you, that doesn't have to mean your crazy, or dumb. It means, that you’re uninformed. It means that you’re in the 'dark' about things that you should know about both in practical and spiritual things. It's often said: Ignorance can be educated, amen? What's in the dark can come to light!

Good people, God doesn’t want His children to be stumbling around in the darkness of ignorance. He wants us to be informed. He wants us to have the revelation knowledge of His Word so that we can better do His will in the earth. Doing our part to help establish His Kingdom; while pulling down Satan‘s kingdom of darkness. Don't take my word for it, take His!! The Holy Spirit is our Teacher, who's here to lead us into ALL truth, ALL OF IT!! Not just the parts that "tickle our ears", mind you! If you haven't never owned and opened a Bible, it's time. Haven't dusted it off in years? It's time. So after you've bought one, found one, dusted it off AND open it..... pray first and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and to lead you into the revelation truth of God’s Word. Expect Him to be there with you as you read and be sensitive to His voice, be listening with your spirit for Him to teach you some things about what you’re reading. Receive it, in faith! AMEN??

Knowing the truth of God’s Word can mean the difference between failure or success in your walk with Jesus. WRITE IT ACROSS YOUR HEARTS and take it with you everyday! It will give you the POWER to ward of the lies, to pick sense from nonsense! It can mean the difference between power of the Holy Spirit in your life and defeat. When God said: “My people perish for lack of knowledge.” He wasn’t talking about how much of the Word you can quote. He’s talking about how much of the revealed knowledge you have in your spirit of the Word. That Word revealed and made alive in your spirit by the Holy Spirit!!!

With love......your sister in Christ

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-01-2010 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: two line/sentence snippet only is allowed
Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-30-2010, 12:26 PM

159 posts, read 81,357 times
How do you know Bible wasn't written (or inspired) by demons?

Okay the question sounds a bit crass, but that's exactly what you are required to believe about, say, Koran. So without some sort of external criteria for determining what's true, methinks fundamentalists from all sides are basically stuck with making big proclamations without slightest chance of convincing other side that they are right.

Unread 06-30-2010, 12:43 PM

4,217 posts, read 3,255,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
How do you know Bible wasn't written (or inspired) by demons?

Okay the question sounds a bit crass, but that's exactly what you are required to believe about, say, Koran. So without some sort of external criteria for determining what's true, methinks fundamentalists from all sides are basically stuck with making big proclamations without slightest chance of convincing other side that they are right.
When you read the bible, doesn't it not minister to you? Well? Do you hear voices of demon speaking to you? Or, does it bring comfort to your soul?

No, I'm not hearing demons. You?

Unread 06-30-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
When you read the bible, doesn't it not minister to you? Well? Do you hear voices of demon speaking to you? Or, does it bring comfort to your soul?

No, I'm not hearing demons. You?
Well, we should expect of every respectable demon to mask his presence and make you think you are hearing God's word, would we not?

There are all sorts of things that can bring comfort to one (including unhealthy stuff like alcohol). Most of, say, meditation is very peaceful and you don't hear voices there either. So by your own criteria a most of Buddhism is definitely not of demons. Some speaking in tongues, by some Christians however would be seen as demonic practice by many (and is rather creepy). And some people do report hearing voices while reading bible/praying to God. How do you know where are those voices coming from?

Some stuff in bible is indeed appealing (I don't think 'minister' is right word), other stuff like lake of fire for non-Christians (that would be me, my entire family and many of my friends) is outright, well, demonic.

Last edited by python87; 06-30-2010 at 01:29 PM..

Unread 06-30-2010, 01:09 PM

14,477 posts, read 6,392,127 times
Betsey - I'm a bit confused as to your reason to post this. Save lives? It seems that you are out to convert people - but since you posted this on the Christian subforum - aren't all the readers here supposedly already converted? And the article you posted was warning about listening to MAN's interpretation of the Bible - that you should only listen to God. Well, isn't that article just THAT MAN'S interpretation? I mean - God didn't actually spell out Abortion is wrong! So - isn't that simply that MAN'S interpretation? If we aren't supposed to listen to anything biased my man - then we shouldn't very well read any articles on the Bible or religion that were written by man.
And to be honest - everything seems open to interpretation. You seem to want everyone to have the same exact interpretation of the Bible and of God's word as you do. But shouldn't it be about everyone's individual relationship with God? Maybe God has different relationships with everyone based on the differences that exist within each individual. Maybe there is no wrong and no right. Just because someone has a different relationship with God than you do - it doesn't make it wrong. Maybe God knows best and we should leave it at that.

Unread 06-30-2010, 01:10 PM

Keep in mind that I am not outright saying Bible is inspired by demons (I don't know either way). I am merely inquiring on your methodology for finding truth. You said that Bible brings comfort, I am saying that those are not good reasons for believing it (because some unhealthy things bring comfort too, and for some other reasons).

I insist that some things, like God's properties must make some sort of sense (and "this book said so" isn't enough by itself).

Unread 06-30-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Betsey - I'm a bit confused as to your reason to post this. Save lives? It seems that you are out to convert people - but since you posted this on the Christian subforum - aren't all the readers here supposedly already converted? And the article you posted was warning about listening to MAN's interpretation of the Bible - that you should only listen to God. Well, isn't that article just THAT MAN'S interpretation? I mean - God didn't actually spell out Abortion is wrong! So - isn't that simply that MAN'S interpretation? If we aren't supposed to listen to anything biased my man - then we shouldn't very well read any articles on the Bible or religion that were written by man.
True

Quote:
And to be honest - everything seems open to interpretation. You seem to want everyone to have the same exact interpretation of the Bible and of God's word as you do. But shouldn't it be about everyone's individual relationship with God? Maybe God has different relationships with everyone based on the differences that exist within each individual. Maybe there is no wrong and no right. Just because someone has a different relationship with God than you do - it doesn't make it wrong. Maybe God knows best and we should leave it at that.
I agree with most of this, except for 'maybe there is no wrong and no right'. I am pretty sure that there are many, many ways that are outright wrong. However I do think that there is more than one way to be right. And Christian Fundamentalist way is not one of them.

Last edited by python87; 06-30-2010 at 01:26 PM..

Unread 06-30-2010, 01:26 PM

14,477 posts, read 6,392,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
True

I agree with most of this, except for 'maybe there is no wrong and no right'. I am pretty sure that there are many, many ways that are outright wrong. However I do think that there is more than one way to be right.
I didn't mean that there were no wrong and right in anything - I meant that maybe there were no wrongs and rights that we could tell of in other people's relationship with God. I mean that, as far as Christians are concerned, maybe it is not for them to be able to tell who has a wrong or right relationship with God.
I definitely believe in right and wrong, although, being a Heatherist (it's my name) - they probably aren't the same rights and wrongs as most people on here!
Peace

Unread 06-30-2010, 01:38 PM

5,925 posts, read 2,957,068 times
God is Love, Gods whole council is made of Love it cannot be made of anything else, for God IS love.

May people find this peace and live their life to the fullest in the spirit not in religious slumber.

Unread 06-30-2010, 05:43 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,434,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"ALWAYS THE SAME OLD DEMONS!! "GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!! MOVE!!MOVE OVER!! I REBUKE YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!!
Amen Betsey!!!!!!! The angelic conflict is real people!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity