U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:57 PM

32,252 posts, read 21,127,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
What astonished them? and Who is worthy of Salvation? --- The answer to both is found in GRACE!
They were astonished because NO ONE can achieve righteousness by human effort. Further, NO ONE is worthy of Salvation. "GRACE" is both amazing and astonishing! ... and if it could be achieved by works or merit (worthiness), it would not be GRACE!
Amen

4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

This is so astounding it takes faith to believe it , because the natural man cannot comprehend it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,493,177 times

THE WORD GOSPEL.

The word Gospel, (Anglo Saxon, "good spell,") signifies good news, glad tidings. Nothing so deserves this description as the doctrine that announces the deliverance of universal humanity from sin and sorrow; and this Gospel is to all.

Behold I bring you good tidings (the Gospel) of great joy, which shall be to all people. Luke 2: 10.

It is a glad announcement to all souls, because it teaches all that sin, error, suffering, and evil shall be destroyed. No other Christian doctrine so deserves the name Gospel, and this blessed assurance is fully entitled to it.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-03-2010 at 12:06 AM..

Old 07-03-2010, 02:11 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,291,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Beware...though babylon was burned...they still ate her flesh...this doctrine is alive and well...and business is booming as usual...with merchandising and all...

Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall EAT HER FLESH, and burn her with fire.

And Jesus said, "EAT MY FLESH" (The Word of God)...

Peace!
Praise God!

Blessings!
brian

Old 07-03-2010, 04:42 AM

5,499 posts, read 4,576,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Praise God!

Blessings!
brian
His WILL be done on earth as it is in heaven!

Old 07-03-2010, 03:36 PM

From Universal Salvation: BIBLE PROOFS

THE NAME JESUS.

Before the birth of Jesus the Angel of the Lord comprehended the grand result when he said to Joseph, You shall call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1: 21

He is to save his people. Who are his people? Sinners, for they are to be saved from their sins. How many sinners will he reach and redeem?

Ask of me, and I shall give you the heathen for your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for a possession. Ps. 2: 8. The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hands. John 3: 35.

In one sense, in the sense employed in this passage, the people of Christ are sinners, and all sinners are his people, and as "no man lives and sins not," the expression "his people" denotes all men. The apostle illustrates the thought when he says: God has concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all. Rom. 11: 32.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-03-2010 at 03:53 PM..

Old 07-03-2010, 03:47 PM

32,252 posts, read 21,127,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
From Universal Salvation: BIBLE PROOFS

THE NAME JESUS.

Before the birth of Jesus the Angel of the Lord comprehended the grand result when he said to Joseph, You shall call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1: 21

He is to save his people. Who are his people? Sinners, for they are to be saved from their sins. How many sinners will he reach and redeem?

Ask of me, and I shall give you the heathen for your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for a possession. Ps. 2: 8. The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hands. John 3: 35.

In one sense, in the sense employed in this passage, the people of Christ are sinners, and all sinners are his people, and as "no man lives and sins not," the expression "his people" denotes all men. The apostle illustrates the thought when he says: God has concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all. Rom. 11: 32.
Love it !!!!!!

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Love it !!!!!!

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
Thank you, pcamps. When we were dead, in the dark, he stuck that flashlight in and woke us up. None of us here on this planet have that light within us. It has to come from the outside. It trickles in for some of us at first (with Saul/Paul it blinded him), but if we let it consume us, it will warm and brighten every last bit of us out of the picture. Not a bad thing at all. ALL men are lost and all sinners are Christ's.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:51 PM

425 posts, read 289,589 times
Here in the US all one need to do is look at who as representatives consumed Native American land and culture for monetary gain and who tried to salvage what was left. Of course there are grey areas but you can count on the demographics of Christs' teachings vs the false church to be in line with the foundations laid by the Europeans during the conquest stage of North America. The KJV is bad mojo.

Last edited by Rabbi Dakota; 07-03-2010 at 05:09 PM..

Old 07-03-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Here in the US all one need to do is look at who as representative consumed Native American land and culture for monetary gain and who tried to salvage what was left. Of course there are grey areas but you can count on the demographics of Christs' teachings vs the false church to be in line with the foundations laid by the Europeans during the conquest stage of North America.
All true. I think Christ's teachings would still astonish the multitudes, mostly in the churches, I would guess. God is not an American, and he is most certainly not a Republican.

I hate to say this as I know that Communism was built on an angry guy with a bone to pick with the religious (Marx's father, especially) and killed millions (and our ideals haven't?), but I once told my brother, JOKINGLY, that if any flag were to fly in heaven it would be the Hammer and Sickle (), SOLELY based on ideals, of course.

Before any of you start firing at me, I will let you know that the more I learned about governments around the world the more my mouth dropped open into an uh-oh, so I don't back any political structure. In fact, at one time, I was leaning toward atheism but ended up finding a much bigger black hole than the one I was already in. Karl Marx said, "I wish to avenge myself against the One who rules above." That's not an especially good sign.

I am just not a fan of any government down here (NONE of them work, being that they are run by corrupt humans whose motivations THEY themselves don't even know half the time). I believe my citizenship lies beyond this planet. I am an alien here just rolling through trying to love people the best I can.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-03-2010 at 06:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity