U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:53 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Number 3 cracks me up. What if there was a rapture and no one noticed?
There was a rapture via kool-aid and everyone noticed, (shudder) the ones left behind gave glory to God...grateful they were alive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 12:43 AM

11,271 posts, read 11,286,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
and this goes on and on....
like this thread..........

Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 PM

City-Data asked me to update this thread so I thought---why not!

Old 06-27-2012, 12:30 AM

20,433 posts, read 9,849,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you order now you get a free John the baptist shower curtain.
I received a garment of hair and a leather belt; all the shower curtains were sold out, purchased by Bathsheba.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,877,342 times
for a minute there is was really believing the thread.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:12 PM

Default Little Rapture Humor

With rapture season rolling around again I happened to stumble onto this thread from 2010. City Data asked me to update it so I did. It takes a little bit of a humorous look at the rapture as seen through the eyes of a Christian book publisher boardroom. Enjoy.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:32 PM

14,887 posts, read 4,991,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I was a fly on the wall of a boardroom of Light My Fire Christian publishers the other day where the best-selling Christian author Hulk Lindsley had just inked a deal for his 35th book on the rapture, "The Late, Not-So-Great Planet Earth". Light My Fire Publishers were in a world of financial trouble. Their lavish living--parties on yachts in the Mediterranean, "business" meetings at the finest resorts around the world, vacation mansion in the Caribbean---had taken its toll on the company's bank account and they needed a bestseller quick. Landing Hulk was a coup of the most extreme fortune and they were ecstatic. After Lindsley had left the boardroom a conversation started among the board members. One thing that struck me odd was that even in real life the members talk in King James language. Here's an answer to a question put to the CEO of LMF Publishers about how they were going to extricate themselves from financial ruin. Note the similarities to Daniel's 70 week prophecy:

I found the conversation very heartening, knowing that even if these guys live like the devil, at least they talk like an angel.
I met Hal Lindsey in 1998, he was a very attentive polite guy. We were at a book reading together standing in the back discussing Elijah and he seemed very interested, it surprised me a bit. I knew that he thought that I didn't know who he was, I think he liked that about me and so I didn't give him a clue of knowing who he was. That was like the greatest day of my life besides my children being born.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:44 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,112,227 times
Quote:
I was a fly on the wall of a boardroom of Light My Fire Christian publishers the other day where the best-selling Christian author Hulk Lindsley had just inked a deal for his 35th book on the rapture, "The Late, Not-So-Great Planet Earth". Light My Fire Publishers were in a world of financial trouble. Their lavish living--parties on yachts in the Mediterranean, "business" meetings at the finest resorts around the world, vacation mansion in the Caribbean---had taken its toll on the company's bank account and they needed a bestseller quick. Landing Hulk was a coup of the most extreme fortune and they were ecstatic. After Lindsley had left the boardroom a conversation started among the board members. One thing that struck me odd was that even in real life the members talk in King James language. Here's an answer to a question put to the CEO of LMF Publishers about how they were going to extricate themselves from financial ruin. Note the similarities to Daniel's 70 week prophecy:

I found the conversation very heartening, knowing that even if these guys live like the devil, at least they talk like an angel.
Yikes
You are a fly?
I guess you must be at least greatfull enough to have your occasional meal.

But you would be better off if there was something other than human scat to eat.

From I learned in biology. Humans don't leave much in the way of nutrition after they expell what has been eaten.

Besides the interesting and informative post.
How have you been doing lately.
You seemed to not wanna talk more about how you Honor the Lord.

As for all those supposed christion publishing companies.
Yeah,
They will have their reward all right.

Don't go fretting over nonsense thrillobyte.

Be convinced in your own mind what the Lord is really about.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yikes
You are a fly?
I guess you must be at least greatfull enough to have your occasional meal.

But you would be better off if there was something other than human scat to eat.

From I learned in biology. Humans don't leave much in the way of nutrition after they expell what has been eaten.

Besides the interesting and informative post.
How have you been doing lately.
You seemed to not wanna talk more about how you Honor the Lord.

As for all those supposed christion publishing companies.
Yeah,
They will have their reward all right.

Don't go fretting over nonsense thrillobyte.

Be convinced in your own mind what the Lord is really about.
Nah! Course not. You know, my ideas of the Lord are constantly in flux these days. Not sure what I believe anymore.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:24 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,112,227 times
Quote:
Nah! Course not. You know, my ideas of the Lord are constantly in flux these days. Not sure what I believe anymore.
Been there.
Don't worry, He is patient like you wouldn't believe.

On a serious note.
You do have cause to bring up writers who exploit their own souls to deprive others of sound teaching.

Have you ever read revelation?

There is very serious and stern warning given very early on.
And the same warning applies to all who have provoked their children to wrath.

On a personal note.
I like your style thrillobyte.

Blessings Always
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or