U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2010, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,590,108 times
Reputation: 939

Advertisements

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son John (5:22)

Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.
(Acts 17:31)

Judgment
is a prominent theme in the word of God. The Scriptures abound with passages that declare God as the moral ruler of men and thus, the Judge. And, Scripture often sets forth the fact that God's judgment will be in perfect righteousness. It will not be tainted by the prejudices of men and there will be no courtroom antics such as are often seen in modern day trials.

The Bible represents God as the judge of nations and individuals. It declares Him to be the judge of men and angels. Scripture also reveals that He will judge the world by Jesus Christ. Christ will be the person who sits as Judge and executes judgment.


One of the rewards of His humiliation is that as the Son of man He shall sit in judgment upon a wicked, unbelieving world.


1. They brought Him before the Sanhedrin for judgment.

2. They brought Him before Pilate for judgment.

3. They brought Him before Herod for judgment.

4. He has been judged again and again in the court of public opinion.

BUT.......... one day, all who have been His judges and deemed Him unworthy of their trust shall come before HIM in judgment. If we are to know Christ as we ought, we must know Him as JUDGE!! There, you cannot bypass the Son, and go straight to the throne!



Your sister in Christ, Betsey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
 
Location: New Zealand
4,263 posts, read 665,110 times
Reputation: 453
I agree totally there is judgment, and what people sow they will reap

Following on from from Jesus judgment and death ........... he was raised

Of the flesh corruption ......... and of the Spirit life through Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,496,609 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I agree totally there is judgment, and what people sow they will reap

Following on from from Jesus judgment and death ........... he was raised

Of the flesh corruption ......... and of the Spirit life through Christ
Nothing to disagree about on my end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Frisco, TX
7,559 posts, read 11,913,313 times
Reputation: 4519
Can He judge the flesh while loving us? Yes, He can!

We take the OT images of wrath and carry them into the age of Calvary, where we learn that His judgment is upon the carnal nature - that's the purpose of the cross in our lives. For you see, God hates your flesh and mine just as much as the vilest sinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 05:20 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,846,693 times
Reputation: 644
Yes, Gods judgment is real and what a glorious thing that it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,728,632 times
Reputation: 844
When judgment comes everything is made right. Glorious indeed!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 06:10 PM
 
21,996 posts, read 16,760,306 times
Reputation: 8767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son John (5:22)

Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.
(Acts 17:31)

Judgment
is a prominent theme in the word of God. The Scriptures abound with passages that declare God as the moral ruler of men and thus, the Judge. And, Scripture often sets forth the fact that God's judgment will be in perfect righteousness. It will not be tainted by the prejudices of men and there will be no courtroom antics such as are often seen in modern day trials.

The Bible represents God as the judge of nations and individuals. It declares Him to be the judge of men and angels. Scripture also reveals that He will judge the world by Jesus Christ. Christ will be the person who sits as Judge and executes judgment.


One of the rewards of His humiliation is that as the Son of man He shall sit in judgment upon a wicked, unbelieving world.


1. They brought Him before the Sanhedrin for judgment.

2. They brought Him before Pilate for judgment.

3. They brought Him before Herod for judgment.

4. He has been judged again and again in the court of public opinion.

BUT.......... one day, all who have been His judges and deemed Him unworthy of their trust shall come before HIM in judgment. If we are to know Christ as we ought, we must know Him as JUDGE!! There, you cannot bypass the Son, and go straight to the throne!



Your sister in Christ, Betsey


When Jesus came the first time, He came as the lamb. When He comes at the Second Advent, He will come as a lion, executing judgment on those who do not know Him. He will order these into the eternal fire as per Matthew 25:41,46.

One thousand years later, at the Great White Throne judgment, He will send to the lake of fire, all who have been resurrected out of Hades to stand before Him in judgment. Revelation 20:11-15

God's holiness is perfect. His judgments are fair. All will be in their place. Those who know God will be with God, and those who do not know God, who rejected Christ will be eternally separated from God in hell, and reaping the results of what they have sowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,653 posts, read 30,288,431 times
Reputation: 30199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post


When Jesus came the first time, He came as the lamb. When He comes at the Second Advent, He will come as a lion, executing judgment on those who do not know Him. He will order these into the eternal fire as per Matthew 25:41,46.

One thousand years later, at the Great White Throne judgment, He will send to the lake of fire, all who have been resurrected out of Hades to stand before Him in judgment. Revelation 20:11-15

God's holiness is perfect. His judgments are fair. All will be in their place. Those who know God will be with God, and those who do not know God, who rejected Christ will be eternally separated from God in hell, and reaping the results of what they have sowed.
Yes His second coming will be much different from the first one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 PM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,411 posts, read 2,164,598 times
Reputation: 636
Betsey, your post has so much truth in it . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 AM
 
8,116 posts, read 7,092,945 times
Reputation: 1439
A promise from the Old Testament for Jesus to be our Judge in Isaiah 9:6-7..... ¨For unto us a child is born unto us a child is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder and his name shall be called Wounderful, Counseller, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace........ Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom, to order it. and to establish it with JUDGEMENT and with Justice from henceforth ever and ever...The zeal of the Lord of Host will proclaim this¨.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top