U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:47 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,022,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Truth is what is important. Not what is in your words, ''more interesting.'' Apart from believing in Christ for salvation, one has NO relationship with God. If someone thinks they have a relationship with God apart from Christ, who Himself is God, there is nothing great about that. If one thinks He knows Christ, but in fact is believing in another Christ, not the Jesus Christ of the Bible, that is neither great or interesting. For that person is eternally lost unless he avails himself of the means of salvation that comes only though a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

Christ became a man and came into the world so that the world might be saved through Him.

Romans 6:23 'For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 'For God so loved the world that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

God's will for the unbeliever is to saved. God's will for the believer is to grow up spiritually. The first requires a single decision on the part of the one who would be saved. The second requires continuing decisions on the part of the Believer. Now what could be more interesting than that?!!!
Okay, so you would be another one who does not agree with my opinion!
Like I said - all opinions are welcome!
To be honest - and I don't mean to offend you - you have no control over what I find interesting. What people find interesting is a VERY personal choice. I don't expect you to be interested in the same things I am interested in! For example, I'm interested in musical theatre - but I'm aware that some people just don't like it!
You kind of veered off topic a bit - but I'll let it slide! Like I said, I want to hear how people feel about their relationship with God and other people's relationship with God. This is not a "Who is going to Hell in a handbasket and why" thread.
Thank you for your contributing! I found your response very interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 02:53 PM

21,907 posts, read 16,717,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Okay, so you would be another one who does not agree with my opinion!
Like I said - all opinions are welcome!
To be honest - and I don't mean to offend you - you have no control over what I find interesting. What people find interesting is a VERY personal choice. I don't expect you to be interested in the same things I am interested in! For example, I'm interested in musical theatre - but I'm aware that some people just don't like it!
You kind of veered off topic a bit - but I'll let it slide! Like I said, I want to hear how people feel about their relationship with God and other people's relationship with God. This is not a "Who is going to Hell in a handbasket and why" thread.
Thank you for your contributing! I found your response very interesting!
No, I have no control over what you are anyone else finds interesting. Nor would I seek to force anyone to change what they believe. I can only present the truth.

I noticed the moderators message about not going off topic concerning what you find 'interesting', so I am not going to say anything more. 'Except that hell will be filled with interesting people.'

Old 07-03-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
No, I have no control over what you are anyone else finds interesting. Nor would I seek to force anyone to change what they believe. I can only present the truth.

I noticed the moderators message about not going off topic concerning what you find 'interesting', so I am not going to say anything more. 'Except that hell will be filled with interesting people.'
I'm sorry but I don't really take kindly to threats. Once again, you may be one of those people that is under the assumption that you are doing good - when actually you are repelling people. Although - how threatening people can ever be seen as doing good, I'll never understand. Oh well. To each their own.
And to be perfectly honest, if hell is going to be filled with interesting people - maybe that's where I'd rather go anyway! At least we'd always have things to talk about!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:45 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,585,780 times
Quote:

"I can only present the truth". There's no other way! I understand. Yet, that's not what's wanted here. Anything pertaining to truth will be viewed as "off topic". Bless you my brother in Christ, keep standing up for TRUTH!!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:48 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,585,780 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't really take kindly to threats. Once again, you may be one of those people that is under the assumption that you are doing good - when actually you are repelling people. Although - how threatening people can ever be seen as doing good, I'll never understand. Oh well. To each their own.
And to be perfectly honest, if hell is going to be filled with interesting people - maybe that's where I'd rather go anyway! At least we'd always have things to talk about!
Be careful what you wish for...You just might get it! by the way if you think you'll be "talking", you got another thing coming....more like gnashing of the teeth!! That's also TRUTH!!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Be careful what you wish for...You just might get it! by the way if you think you'll be "talking", you got another thing coming....more like gnashing of the teeth!! That's also TRUTH!!

I am a nice person. I am a patient person. I am a loving person. I am a confident person. I believe in myself and I believe in my heart. I am tolerant and accepting of all people. I'm sorry you have so little respect for me. I'm sorry you have so little tolerance for people with other opinions. If what you call "truth" is threatening people to believe the same thing that they do - all I can say is that I want no part of your truth. You can say it is THE TRUTH but it really sounds to me like it is YOUR TRUTH. I'm not on here trying to force you to believe what I believe. Why on earth are you coming on here trying to FORCE me to believe what you believe. I seem to recall you saying on another thread that you didn't try to convert people. All I can assume is that you were lying since clearly you won't rest until I think exactly as you do - which is never going to happen. I'm sorry to be so blunt about it. The topic of this thread is not - please try to convert me. I'm sorry that you seem to be the only one who doesn't understand that. If you can't answer my questions that I have asked on here - then I don't understand why you bother to continue posting. It makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

I'm asking if maybe God has different relationships with different people. Maybe some need him more than others. Maybe some need more guidance. Maybe he speaks to people differently through different passages. These are my thoughts. These are my questions. I find this topic very interesting. If you don't - that is fine. Feel free to move on.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:26 PM

5,807 posts, read 4,792,124 times
Dewdrop,
I like you.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:43 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,576,738 times
Quote:
I am a nice person. I am a patient person. I am a loving person. I am a confident person. I believe in myself and I believe in my heart. I am tolerant and accepting of all people. I'm sorry you have so little respect for me. I'm sorry you have so little tolerance for people with other opinions. If what you call "truth" is threatening people to believe the same thing that they do - all I can say is that I want no part of your truth. You can say it is THE TRUTH but it really sounds to me like it is YOUR TRUTH. I'm not on here trying to force you to believe what I believe. Why on earth are you coming on here trying to FORCE me to believe what you believe. I seem to recall you saying on another thread that you didn't try to convert people. All I can assume is that you were lying since clearly you won't rest until I think exactly as you do - which is never going to happen. I'm sorry to be so blunt about it. The topic of this thread is not - please try to convert me. I'm sorry that you seem to be the only one who doesn't understand that. If you can't answer my questions that I have asked on here - then I don't understand why you bother to continue posting. It makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

I'm asking if maybe God has different relationships with different people. Maybe some need him more than others. Maybe some need more guidance. Maybe he speaks to people differently through different passages. These are my thoughts. These are my questions. I find this topic very interesting. If you don't - that is fine. Feel free to move on.
Definitely no mincing of words...I RESPECT THAT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Dewdrop,
I like you.
Me 2..and I like you too little bird (as "Just June" would say)...

Old 07-03-2010, 06:56 PM

Sparrow, Ans57 - you both have found your way into this little heart as well!

Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 PM

21,907 posts, read 16,717,502 times
Quote:
Well, I hadn't intended to say anything more, but you perceive a threat where none was given. No threat intended. Truth is what it is. It is absolute and uncompromising. Those who are repelled by the teaching of the reality of hell, would simply find some other excuse to reject Christ. The truth is this. That God became man to save fallen man from the reality of the eternal lake of fire. By simply placing his trust in Christ for salvation, upon understanding the issue, man can have eternal salvation. Rejection of Christ leaves a man under eternal condemnation, and justly so. As I said, those who claim that the teaching of hell repels them, would merely find any other excuse they can think of to reject Christ. Many simply don't like the idea of being answerable to an eternal and infinitely holy God.

It would have been more accurate for me to have said, that there are many interesting people who will go to hell. But in the midst of their suffering and torment, there will be nothing interesting about them.

Man didn't create God. God created man. And He has revealed Himself to man and made known His requirements for an eternal relationship with Him. It is up to each individual to make a decision to receive Christ as Savior or to reject Him and reap the consequences. That is not a threat. It is a gracious warning. The choice is between Heaven and hell. Eternal life or eternal condemnation. The choice is yours. Most will make the wrong choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity