U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 05:30 PM

5,501 posts, read 4,676,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Thank you ScarletWren! Likewise!
She who has an ear for music...hear!

From the "LOVE in my HEART" my friend...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 06:22 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,804,202 times
Dewdrop93, since God created each one of us with our own unique DNA, I believe He created us all for our own unique purpose in life, and for our own unique relationship with Him.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:31 PM

5,501 posts, read 4,676,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Dewdrop93, since God created each one of us with our own unique DNA, I believe He created us all for our own unique purpose in life, and for our own unique relationship with Him.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:38 PM

6,067 posts, read 4,962,951 times
Quote:

I like that, Bright Hope.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:47 PM

22,381 posts, read 22,929,760 times
Quote:
You said, "The Holy Spirit will not contradict scripture," which is true, but also, the scripture will not contradict The Holy Spirit. In other words, if we read something that doesn't sound like the God we know in our hearts, then it should be investigated further.
What an excellent way to put it! That is so true. We can't force ourselves to believe something that doesn't resonate with us. If something doesn't ring true to us, it's pretty useless for us to pretend otherwise. Most of the things I believe I believe because they sound to me like they fit in with what the God I know in my heart is like. Maybe I'm right about what I believe and maybe I'm wrong, but when my heart tells me it's true, what can I do but believe. Just as I am the only one who can really know for sure what my heart tells me, you are the only one who can really know for sure what your heart tells you. We can't choose anyone's path but our own, and if we were to try to force someone down the path we've chosen for ourselves, what would it benefit them if it went against what their heart told them was true?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:54 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,558,964 times
Quote:
That's really beautiful! I can't rep you again yet - but I would if I could!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:59 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,558,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What an excellent way to put it! That is so true. We can't force ourselves to believe something that doesn't resonate with us. If something doesn't ring true to us, it's pretty useless for us to pretend otherwise. Most of the things I believe I believe because they sound to me like they fit in with what the God I know in my heart is like. Maybe I'm right about what I believe and maybe I'm wrong, but when my heart tells me it's true, what can I do but believe. Just as I am the only one who can really know for sure what my heart tells me, you are the only one who can really know for sure what your heart tells you. We can't choose anyone's path but our own, and if we were to try to force someone down the path we've chosen for ourselves, what would it benefit them if it went against what their heart told them was true?
Katzpur - That's pretty close to my thoughts as well. We are all on our own path - and nobody knows what's on it- sometimes, not even ourselves! And no two paths are the same. I can't rep you either - but I would if I could!

I would like to say that just because I happen to agree with you and BrightHope - that doesn't mean that other opinions are not welcome! The way I see it - these are our innermost feelings - there is no right and wrong!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM

8,817 posts, read 6,399,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hi Everyone! It's the heathen, Dewdrop again. Sorry to bother you all - but I was just wondering...
There is so much talk about who is right, who is wrong, this passage means this, no it means this, etc. I guess I always thought that, as a Christian, your personal relationship with God and/or Jesus was the most important thing. Maybe God speaks to everyone in different ways. Maybe God wants different things from different people. Wouldn't that make sense? I guess I just find it hard to believe one person's interpretation over another person's interpretation - they are all interpretations. Everyone uses quotes from the Bible to prove that they are, in fact, the right one. However, someone else is using that same quote to prove the opposite. Maybe God shows different people different things in the same quote. Isn't that a possibility? And don't we all have to admit that we don't really have any of the answers? I mean - as Christians - don't you believe that everything is up to God?
So - shouldn't there be less "I am right" and "You are not a REAL Christian" and more "Interesting - that is your relationship with God? That's great! Mine is like this..."
Just some things I've been mulling over...
That is also what has been going through my mind.

A lot of religious folk have that us vs. them mentality. "I am right" "You are not a real Christian" if you may.

Jesus himself said that the way people will tell his followers apart from the world is that they love each other.

I don't know who has called you a heathen but you sure speak like a follower.

Don't let the prideful religionists bring you down. It is up to Christ to decide whether youy belong to him or not.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM

8,817 posts, read 6,399,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It doesn't make sense to you because you are not a believer. Like CWTL said God does not tell one person something and another something different.

It depends on what God is telling the person. If God is talking about the general plan for mankind or who he generally is, then there should be no contradiction.

But if it is something of a personal nature, like a certain specific path an individual must follow, then there may variations.

God has each of us playing a specific part.

For instance, if God wants you to be a cook, that doesn't mean he wants everyone else to be a cook.

Think about the verses that say, "The hand can not say to the foot I have no use for you." or. "The eye can not say, because I'm not a mouth, I should not be here. (or something to that effect)

There are different parts to a body and they are designed for different things.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:24 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,667,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That is also what has been going through my mind.

A lot of religious folk have that us vs. them mentality. "I am right" "You are not a real Christian" if you may.

Jesus himself said that the way people will tell his followers apart from the world is that they love each other.

I don't know who has called you a heathen but you sure speak like a follower.

Don't let the prideful religionists bring you down. It is up to Christ to decide whether you belong to him or not.
It's quite obvious that you haven't read ALL of what's posted. Dewdrop has clearly stated that she is NOT a BELIEVER in Christ, nor did she came here to be enlightened!

Yes, some "religious" folks will believe themselves to be right and may even go as far as telling folks, they're not real "Christians". I understand. However, REAL BELIEVER'S of God will tell EVERYONE that they can come as they are!! Yes, heathen's (according to her) and all!

Yes, and it is up to God to decide whether one belongs to Him or not! He does the calling we do the answering. He won't MAKE you come! So when you have someone that boldly self-proclaim that they're not a "christian", but a heathen, don't want truth about the saving grace of Christ, believes in "their truth" and not God's.....well it's quite obvious that their minds made up wouldn't you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity