U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,430,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
I am not being sarcastic in any way. But some do know God more than others according to the faith they have received. We are not all at the same pace or journey in our relationship with Christ. I have not heard or read anyone on this board say they know God better. Even though, 'truth", some do and there is nothing good or bad about this. That is sad to assume someone is using this to be better than the next. Some do know Him more and know the scriptures more. Praise God for using a person this way. All the disciples know more than me, they lived with Jesus. And Paul knew scripture front to back and met Christ. This is awesome and God is worthy of praise for working in a person this way.
We must be careful of assuming spirits, pointing the finger in negative ways because someone quotes scripture. And believe most people who belong to Christ only want the best for other Christians. God has every believer speak scripture for a reason, sow the seed, God will make it grow.

God Bless,
Mercy
Hello Mercy......I would sincerely like to know if you are a Sabbath keeper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 07:42 PM

40,196 posts, read 26,826,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Hello Mercy......I would sincerely like to know if you are a Sabbath keeper?
This is Verna's litmus test . . . she is stuck in the OBEY the schoolmaster stage of her Christianity.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,590,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is Verna's litmus test . . . she is stuck in the OBEY the schoolmaster stage of her Christianity.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to obey! Stop turning it into something ugly because you can't understand. Really!! Besidessss.... the inward SABBATH OF THE SOUL ....WILL delight you in the outward keeping of the Sabbath! It's sooo much more than you can comprehend, so much more, amen?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:53 PM

21,653 posts, read 30,288,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
There's nothing wrong with wanting to obey! Stop turning it into something ugly because you can't understand. Really!! Besidessss.... the inward keeping of the Sabbath...WILL delight you in the outward keeping of the Sabbath! It's sooo much more than you can comprehend, so much more, amen?
Amen!

Old 07-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with wanting to obey! Stop turning it into something ugly because you can't understand. Really!! Besidessss.... the inward keeping of the Sabbath...WILL delight you in the outward keeping of the Sabbath! It's sooo much more than you can comprehend, so much more, amen?
It is not ugly, Betsey . . . just not mature. None of my children OBEY me and they need not. They are mature adults. They love me and there isn't anything I could ask of them that they wouldn't want to do if they could. The beauty of that kind of relationship with God is what is lost in the schoolmaster mentality of OBEY, OBEY, OBEY . . . OR ELSE!!!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:09 PM

Which one of us, if any......."are there yet"? We are ALL still growing daily (hopefully) in Christ. Christ loves us and would do anything to save us, if WE would just ask! The beauty of that kind of relationship with God is: He WILL create in us a new creature, one that's willing to be obedient to HIS WILL AND HIS WAY!!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Which one of us, if any......."are there yet"? We are ALL still growing daily (hopefully) in Christ. Christ loves us and would do anything to save us, if WE would just ask! The beauty of that kind of relationship with God is: He WILL create in us a new creature, one that's willing to be obedient to HIS WILL AND HIS WAY!!
We should be there . . . our species has had 2000+ years to evolve a more mature spirituality. Stagnating at the primitive schoolmaster stage of 2000+ years ago has been the problem with mainstream religion. We are God's children . . . but He wants us to grow up . . . not remain OBEDIENT pets.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,274,216 times
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with wanting to obey! Stop turning it into something ugly because you can't understand. Really!! Besidessss.... the inward SABBATH OF THE SOUL ....WILL delight you in the outward keeping of the Sabbath! It's sooo much more than you can comprehend, so much more, amen?
Amen..... Betsey !!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,052,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
I am not being sarcastic in any way. But some do know God more than others according to the faith they have received. We are not all at the same pace or journey in our relationship with Christ. I have not heard or read anyone on this board say they know God better. Even though, 'truth", some do and there is nothing good or bad about this. That is sad to assume someone is using this to be better than the next. Some do know Him more and know the scriptures more. Praise God for using a person this way. All the disciples know more than me, they lived with Jesus. And Paul knew scripture front to back and met Christ. This is awesome and God is worthy of praise for working in a person this way.
We must be careful of assuming spirits, pointing the finger in negative ways because someone quotes scripture. And believe most people who belong to Christ only want the best for other Christians. God has every believer speak scripture for a reason, sow the seed, God will make it grow.

God Bless,
Mercy
While I understand what you are saying - I have to confess that the people that I see as the most "Godly" or however you want to put it, are not the people professing to be right all the time. They aren't the people telling me I will burn in Hell and they aren't the people telling me that I'm lost. They aren't the people looking down on others and judging them and telling them that they believe in lies. The people that, in my opinion, would seem to be farther along the path with God are the people that are loving, understanding, kind, and accepting. They are very peaceful and caring people. Like I said, I don't really believe in God - but there are some people that make me think - wow, they really have a special soul. Maybe there is something out there! Some of those people are religious - some are not.
I guess I just feel that the people that claim that they know the real truth and everyone else is wrong couldn't possibly be farther in their relationship with God than someone who is loving to everybody.
My mother's hug, my husband's loving embrace, my friend's shoulder to cry on, my doggy licking my face - these things to me speak more to my soul than someone threatening me with eternal hellfire!
But I mean - it's not a contest is it? You can only tell where you are with your relationship with God - I don't think you should judge others and tell them where you think they are. Like I said - isn't personal? Between you and God?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We should be there . . . our species has had 2000+ years to evolve a more mature spirituality. Stagnating at the primitive schoolmaster stage of 2000+ years ago has been the problem with mainstream religion. We are God's children . . . but He wants us to grow up . . . not remain OBEDIENT pets.
I understand! And, I pray that we're granted ''enough time" to get it right, but alas...take a look around and ask yourself: " Do we really have "any more time"? That's why some of us stay, why we remain...day, after day, pleading with you to come while grace still abounds!

See, that's just it! He does want us obedient!! We've had more than enough time to do "US", to do "OURSELVES"!! The me, me, my, my, syndrome...it's call sin!!

Picture HIM....Yes, the obedient Son that HE is, one foot on the cloud, looking back at His Father, saying: "Now Daddy? Now?" the Father to His Son: "Hold on my child, just a little longer... one more's coming." Yes, He's waiting on just one more, whomsoever will listen and obey the call to COME!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity