Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,309,406 times

Advertisements

Ummm!!!

(Tries to think of witty funny response but humiliation over takes his composition. He runs away embarrassed.)

OWNED!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 05:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,085,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That is also what has been going through my mind.

A lot of religious folk have that us vs. them mentality. "I am right" "You are not a real Christian" if you may.

Jesus himself said that the way people will tell his followers apart from the world is that they love each other.

I don't know who has called you a heathen but you sure speak like a follower.

Don't let the prideful religionists bring you down. It is up to Christ to decide whether youy belong to him or not.
Thank you, TJenkins! I actually call myself a heathen - well, a Heatherist to be exact. I guess you could say I have my own little religion all unto myself. I'm not sure there is a God - but my idea of God is just so different from anything I have found in any religion. But I love that we all have different thoughts, ideas, beliefs, hopes, dreams, etc. In my mind - if there is a God - then we were all created unique for a reason. I just think that if we all followed the same exact religion, ate the same food, wore the same clothes -the world would be such a boring place! I think it's so amazing that we are all so different - so if there is a God - I can't help but think that he would love each person as he is for who he is.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
It's quite obvious that you haven't read ALL of what's posted. Dewdrop has clearly stated that she is NOT a BELIEVER in Christ, nor did she came here to be enlightened!

Yes, some "religious" folks will believe themselves to be right and may even go as far as telling folks, they're not real "Christians". I understand. However, REAL BELIEVER'S of God will tell EVERYONE that they can come as they are!! Yes, heathen's (according to her) and all!

Yes, and it is up to God to decide whether one belongs to Him or not! He does the calling we do the answering. He won't MAKE you come! So when you have someone that boldly self-proclaim that they're not a "christian", but a heathen, don't want truth about the saving grace of Christ, believes in "their truth" and not God's.....well it's quite obvious that their minds made up wouldn't you say?
I can't for the life of me figure out what you feel like you are accomplishing by badmouthing me. It really amazes me that you continue to act in this childish manner. You know - if you need to talk to someone - if there is something in your life that is making you continue to lash out - you can always DM and discuss things. And also - if you are ever interested to know what I actually believe - instead of telling people what I think for me when you have absolutely no idea - please let me know. I can cure you of your ignorance in that respect.
Please, let's just try to respect everyone.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:21 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,475,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Thank you, TJenkins! I actually call myself a heathen - well, a Heatherist to be exact. I guess you could say I have my own little religion all unto myself. I'm not sure there is a God - but my idea of God is just so different from anything I have found in any religion. But I love that we all have different thoughts, ideas, beliefs, hopes, dreams, etc. In my mind - if there is a God - then we were all created unique for a reason. I just think that if we all followed the same exact religion, ate the same food, wore the same clothes -the world would be such a boring place! I think it's so amazing that we are all so different - so if there is a God - I can't help but think that he would love each person as he is for who he is.
I am a Preterist Unitarian Theistical Agnostic with a tendency toward rational thought through an open mind

I have yet to find a another of me though....

Old 07-07-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I am a Preterist Unitarian Theistical Agnostic with a tendency toward rational thought through an open mind

I have yet to find a another of me though....
Well, I just think that makes you that much more special!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 05:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,475,192 times
Quote:
Well, I just think that makes you that much more special!!!
I should really shorten it though.... "Lover" is a good one but kinda misleading.

I appreciate what you said here:

Quote:
I think it's so amazing that we are all so different - so if there is a God - I can't help but think that he would love each person as he is for who he is.
Well said! Kudos.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:40 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,539,874 times
Quote:
~Imagine each and everyone of us being uniquely created out of LOVE and perpetuated that by loving one another from the beginning of time...do you think that our world would be full of evil and chaos today?~

From an idealistic point of view..."LOVE" is what we need for the healing of nations...

GOD IS LOVE!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:04 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,727,261 times
Quote:
I'm not sure there is a God - but my idea of God is just so different from anything I have found in any religion.
Dewdrop, if you read this... Could you explain what your idea of God is. I'm curious (and definitely not out to tell you you're wrong).

Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Dewdrop, if you read this... Could you explain what your idea of God is. I'm curious (and definitely not out to tell you you're wrong).
You know - I'm not sure. It changes from day to day, from year to year. I guess I just don't think that "God" has characteristics necessarily. I don't think of human characteristics when I think of "God" - not anger, jealousy, wrath, etc. I guess I think of it as more of a force. A different level of energy. And I don't think that "God" really does things for people like healing the sick or making them successful. To me, it is more like a guiding energy - nudging you from time to time. I guess it's kind of hard to explain. I don't associate my idea of a supreme being with any type of human consciousness - it's a more vague, more all inclusive sort of thing. I don't know - when I'm most at peace, maybe looking out at the trees and the sky, with my dog curled on my lap and my husband close by - I just feel like maybe there is something out there far more beautiful, loving, and peaceful than myself. Something I can't imagine and I can't define. And then - there are times when I don't think there is anything else out there. But I don't feel that way out of dispair or hopelessness - it doesn't make me feel alone or scared. Sometimes I just think - maybe this is all there is - and what a glorious world it is anyway!

There was something you said once, Katzpur - about not believing something that doesn't resonate with you. Well, I have never found an organized religion that resonates with me. I feel that, in my heart, I would be the worst kind of hypocrite if I pretended to believe something just to avoid going to Hell. I feel peaceful, I feel loved, I feel whole. I just wish everyone could feel this way!
I do wish I could work more but that is a different story!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:25 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,539,874 times
Quote:
You know - I'm not sure. It changes from day to day, from year to year. I guess I just don't think that "God" has characteristics necessarily. I don't think of human characteristics when I think of "God" - not anger, jealousy, wrath, etc. I guess I think of it as more of a force. A different level of energy. And I don't think that "God" really does things for people like healing the sick or making them successful. To me, it is more like a guiding energy - nudging you from time to time. I guess it's kind of hard to explain. I don't associate my idea of a supreme being with any type of human consciousness - it's a more vague, more all inclusive sort of thing. I don't know - when I'm most at peace, maybe looking out at the trees and the sky, with my dog curled on my lap and my husband close by - I just feel like maybe there is something out there far more beautiful, loving, and peaceful than myself. Something I can't imagine and I can't define. And then - there are times when I don't think there is anything else out there. But I don't feel that way out of dispair or hopelessness - it doesn't make me feel alone or scared. Sometimes I just think - maybe this is all there is - and what a glorious world it is anyway!

There was something you said once, Katzpur - about not believing something that doesn't resonate with you. Well, I have never found an organized religion that resonates with me. I feel that, in my heart, I would be the worst kind of hypocrite if I pretended to believe something just to avoid going to Hell. I feel peaceful, I feel loved, I feel whole. I just wish everyone could feel this way!
I do wish I could work more but that is a different story!!!
A true artist with a vision...that you are my friend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity