Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:15 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Advertisements

This is a good article for those whose minds are open to God's Love for All People:

Mystical Religious Experiences and Christian Universalism
"Throughout the history of Christianity, mystics not identified formally
as Universalists have nevertheless advocated Universalist ideas.
"

Christian universalism--Ultimate Reconcilation: The True "Good News" Gospel of the Bible

Old 07-03-2010, 05:56 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Thanks for the link Heartsong! While I don't like the term "mystics" since many Christians will automatically say that it's "of the devil," I think it'll be enjoyable reading!

Blessings to you!
brian

Old 07-03-2010, 06:16 AM

I know that 'Orthodox fundamentalists' don't like the term 'mystical', but I don't understand why considering all the mystical things Christ said and did according to the scriptures. You're welcome, and blessings to you too.

mys·ti·cal Pronunciation: \ˈmis-ti-kəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 a : having a spiritual meaning or reality that is neither apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence <the mystical food of the sacrament> b : involving or having the nature of an individual's direct subjective communion with God or ultimate reality <the mystical experience of the Inner Light>
2 : mysterious, unintelligible
3 a : mystic 2 b : mystic 3
mys·ti·cal·ly \-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

Old 07-03-2010, 11:39 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Not one shred of exegetical foundation for any of his thoughts.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:06 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Thanks for the article. I have had a few moments in my life that have left me in no doubt about our Loving God. I am so thankful that his love has enveloped my soul and the more that I pray for this Love, the more I receive it and the better person I am in this life for it.

Interesting too about children. My youngest who tries his very best to walk like Jesus walked, had a special Angel named Donald who used to visit him when he was very young (under 5). He always talked about Donald and that Donald was from "up heaven" as he used to say when he was just 4. I find it extremely interesting that my son who had this "Donald" person is now as a young adult so in tune with the Word of God.

God's Love is there for every single soul and we should ask for it every single day of our lives

Old 07-03-2010, 12:12 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Some people are capable of experiencing God and His ways experientially.Others must be told what to believe,or what books to read and base their beliefs on,and so live their religious lives based on what others tell them the truth is.These folks are not capable of grasping anything that isn't taught them or told them.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:14 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Some people are capable of experiencing God and His ways experientially.Others must be told what to believe,or what books to read and base their beliefs on,and so live their religious lives based on what others tell them the truth is.These folks are not capable of grasping anything that isn't taught them or told them.
The scripture is the final word, lest you forget. Depart from that, you depart from the faith, as you appear to have done.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:18 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
The scripture is the final word, lest you forget. Depart from that, you depart from the faith, as you appear to have done.

Like I said,some people must be told what to belief and are uncomfortable with anyone who can experience God personally.You merely prove this point.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Unlike that bastion of virtue, Steve Winters who visited us yesterday with his lovely message of peace and forgiveness. He had scriptures to back up everything he said.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Thanks for the article. I have had a few moments in my life that have left me in no doubt about our Loving God. I am so thankful that his love has enveloped my soul and the more that I pray for this Love, the more I receive it and the better person I am in this life for it.

Interesting too about children. My youngest who tries his very best to walk like Jesus walked, had a special Angel named Donald who used to visit him when he was very young (under 5). He always talked about Donald and that Donald was from "up heaven" as he used to say when he was just 4. I find it extremely interesting that my son who had this "Donald" person is now as a young adult so in tune with the Word of God.

God's Love is there for every single soul and we should ask for it every single day of our lives
Such a sweet story about your son, SisterKat. Good thing he did not live in the dark ages. I was watching last night on History International how such great fear had a grip on the churches, especially in Europe and how they felt justified in killing those they felt were 'suspicious' or 'of the devil'. Think of it - people really were burnt alive by the "church" back in those days! -- I bet many committed suicide just to escape from the persecution that the church was doling out. I mean, think of it, would you rather be burned alive in public or eat hemlock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity