U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:53 PM

593 posts, read 652,152 times

Advertisements

Personally, I will not entertain a thought of another going to hell. God speaks it will happen, this is God's business. I myself do not know who because I do not know what happens the second before death in anyone's heart. God is Holy and Just and this is more than enough for me. I believe in His Holiness and His Justice is Holy and I am to follow Jesus.
I have had two people very dear to me and still are, one murdered their own son(my grandson) and the other commited suicide. One could quote scripture like the looking at the back of their hand, the other said, they believed in Christ. I love my God more than either of these dear one's.
The one who murdered died at 31 with an extremely painful disease, but beforehand gave a confession, asked for forgiveness and gave testimony in front of God's people. The second loved one called me ten minutes before shooting themselves and said, "I Love You", and hung up. Do I think...did they love me or Jesus enough to endure and persevere in this earthy life? Or do I think like the thief on the cross, "Today you will be with me in Paradise", because of the one act of righteousness, "I Love You"? When four others that I loved tried to commit suicide after. Peace, yes. They are God's creation, not mine. They were only given to me as a gift and I cherish the gift.
God has me standing in the palm of His great hand and tells me He loves me and He died for me.
I love Him and His will be done for His glory. Do I want Justice for my God from all those who hate him. Yes I do. No one believes God cries, or He hurts or He gets angry.
Did anyone love Jesus enough to come to His aide??? Does anyone love Him like He loves us???
Will anyone care about justice for God???
No one knows another's heart but God. His will be done.

God Bless,
Mercy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 05:02 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,582,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Personally, I will not entertain a thought of another going to hell. God speaks it will happen, this is God's business. I myself do not know who because I do not know what happens the second before death in anyone's heart. God is Holy and Just and this is more than enough for me. I believe in His Holiness and His Justice is Holy and I am to follow Jesus.
I have had two people very dear to me and still are, one murdered their own son(my grandson) and the other commited suicide. One could quote scripture like the looking at the back of their hand, the other said, they believed in Christ. I love my God more than either of these dear one's.
The one who murdered died at 31 with an extremely painful disease, but beforehand gave a confession, asked for forgiveness and gave testimony in front of God's people. The second loved one called me ten minutes before shooting themselves and said, "I Love You", and hung up. Do I think...did they love me or Jesus enough to endure and persevere in this earthy life? Or do I think like the thief on the cross, "Today you will be with me in Paradise", because of the one act of righteousness, "I Love You"? When four others that I loved tried to commit suicide after. Peace, yes. They are God's creation, not mine. They were only given to me as a gift and I cherish the gift.
God has me standing in the palm of His great hand and tells me He loves me and He died for me.
I love Him and His will be done for His glory. Do I want Justice for my God from all those who hate him. Yes I do. No one believes God cries, or He hurts or He gets angry.
Did anyone love Jesus enough to come to His aide??? Does anyone love Him like He loves us???

God Bless,
Mercy
Your story is indeed heart breaking for a mortal sinner like myself...how much more with him who gave us the heart? Trust in the LORD for his mercy endureth forever.

May spiritual peace be with always...ans

Old 07-04-2010, 10:35 PM

697 posts, read 915,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The reason pastors don't mention hell at funerals is because they know that hell does not bring any peace or comfort to those who mourn. It brings wrath. To me, this is a fundamental proof that God's message of salvation must be one of hope, not despair.

I would love to interview fundamentalists who have loved ones who are now in hell. It would be very interesting to understand how they can have peace with God while knowing that their loved ones are being tormented by the same God they worship.
Personally, I cannot have peace by knowing that my God is tormenting friends and family and even other people in general.
If some people can indeed find peace in that, I would like to know the "rationale." Because He is holy? Because He is just?
These justifications only bring despair, BOTH to hearers and to preachers.

Blessings,
brian
I couldn't rep you again, so I just have to do it this way - great post!

Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 PM

697 posts, read 915,537 times
Would Paul's letters in their entirety be considered out of context? He wrote them to specific churches in response to their questions. But we don't have their questions!!

Isn't it like reading Ann Landers or Dear Abby if they printed only their answers and not the readers' letters that they are responding to?

Or like listening to one side of a lengthy phone call?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,299,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post

God Bless,
Mercy
My condolences, mercy777. Like your screenname, mercy is what it's all about, at least I believe so.
Sometimes I am amazed at mothers whose sons commit crimes. They almost always find it in their heart to forgive them, no matter the crime. It almost seems to be in a mother's nature, to always believe the best, always take their son back in again, etc.

Can God do any less?

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Hello everyone,
with love in my heart for everyone here, regardless of the doctrine they adhere to, I'd like to share with you what I see as contradictions with hell/annihilation doctrine. I hope to hear from everybody on these!

The contradictions of eternal hell/annihilation: 1.Hellfire/annihilation preachers say that eternal torment must be preached. But it is nowhere to be found in the Book of Acts nor in the epistles of Paul the Apostle. 2.Hellfire/annihilation preachers will tell you that sinners go straight to hell. But at funerals they can hardly acknowledge this. 3.They tell people that God doesn't want “robots,” but you are required to “subject every thought unto the obedience of Christ.” 4.They tell you that God's mercy endureth forever, but then they tell you that after death there is no more mercy. 5.They tell you that God doesn't “impose” Himself on people, but if you don't do as they say, He will impose hell on you. 6.They say that God created all things by Jesus Christ, but then they say that God did not create the devil, demons, hell, evil, etc. 7.They say that God didn't create evil, but then they say that He needs evil in order for us to “choose Christ.” 8.They say that God is everywhere, but if you end up in hell you will be separated from Him. 9.They say that they have the Spirit of Christ, but they themselves would not give their lives for Christ, as He Himself did. 10.They say that man is dead, a slave to sin, and blind. But then they tell you that the dead can choose life, the slave is free to leave sin, and that the blind can “see” if they choose to. 11.They say that man must “choose Christ” of his own free will, but then they condemn unbelievers for being self-willed. 12.They say that Christians should “pray for the lost,” but then they tell you that man must choose Christ of his own will, free from the influence of God or anyone else.
Please, discussion with PEACE.
Blessings to everyone here,
brian
Peace be with you Brian...good point

Quote:
The reason pastors don't mention hell at funerals is because they know that hell does not bring any peace or comfort to those who mourn. It brings wrath. To me, this is a fundamental proof that God's message of salvation must be one of hope, not despair.

I would love to interview fundamentalists who have loved ones who are now in hell. It would be very interesting to understand how they can have peace with God while knowing that their loved ones are being tormented by the same God they worship.
Personally, I cannot have peace by knowing that my God is tormenting friends and family and even other people in general.
If some people can indeed find peace in that, I would like to know the "rationale." Because He is holy? Because He is just?
These justifications only bring despair, BOTH to hearers and to preachers.

Blessings,
brian
Aye...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Because verses are man made creations, the author did not add little numbers every few words. Many verses are not complete thoughts, sometimes, as you read with Paul a chapter is not even a complete thought.

Hence why I rarely do hit an run verse posting, my beliefs are based in the totality of the word, not just a few random verses.

I am sure many UR’s do that, I really don’t follow that debate, it is something I never even heard of until this forum.

My strength is in exposing those who are trying to take away what Christ did and bring back the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Will you be surprised to know that God uses man as his instrument for a particular work, strange work (Isaiah 28:26-29 and Isaiah 29:14) to this day and time...God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent...

Peace!
Quote:
I just don't put a 16th century printer Robert Estienne on the same level as Isaiah, sorry.
I don't know who Robert Estienne is...

Wycliffe started the English Translation and Finished by John Purvey in 1388 A.D.

Stephen Langton divided the bible into chapters 1228 A.D.

R. Nathan divided the OT into verses in 1448 A.D.

AKJV was decided by King James employing 54 bible scholars. The work begun in 1607

Robert Stephanus divided the NT into verses in 1551

Dr. Klopsch initiated red letters for Jesus' words in 20th century...He died in 1910

Peace!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:03 AM

6,803 posts, read 7,381,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

I don't know who Robert Estienne is...

Peace!
Robert Estienne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"was a 16th century printer and classical scholar in Paris. He was a former Catholic who became an Evangelical late in his life and the first to print the Bible divided into standard numbered verses."

Old 07-06-2010, 11:22 AM

1,079 posts, read 773,130 times
Brian, yeah baby Who can reply with any validity?

To me, this is no different than a math professor proving to students a formula he's got up on the chalkboard but some of the students walk out on him because it contradicts their previous beliefs.

To those still too stubborn to believe....

Matthew 11:16-19 (bolded type describes you well)..."But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places, who call out to the other children, and say, 'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.' For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon!' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds

Old 07-06-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Robert Estienne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"was a 16th century printer and classical scholar in Paris. He was a former Catholic who became an Evangelical late in his life and the first to print the Bible divided into standard numbered verses."
Thank you for sharing...

Blessings...

Old 07-06-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Brian, yeah baby Who can reply with any validity?

To me, this is no different than a math professor proving to students a formula he's got up on the chalkboard but some of the students walk out on him because it contradicts their previous beliefs.

To those still too stubborn to believe....

Matthew 11:16-19 (bolded type describes you well)..."But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places, who call out to the other children, and say, 'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.' For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon!' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds
Good post Zero 7!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or