U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:52 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,427,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
So if you feel we need to be sin free to enter heaven. Then how did Abraham do it if his only works were faith?

As far as your Sabbath keeping, do you turn off your electricity, water and gas? Keeping those on requires others to work. (I ask the Mormons here in Utah the same thing, your views are very similar)

Did you say your new found beliefs came directly from God, (a vision or calling) or did it come from hearing a preacher or reading a theological dissertation?

If it was a calling do you ever wonder why so many other people “hear” messages from God that are the opposite of what you heard? How do you know your good feelings are not coming from Satin trying to deceive you?
I'm done here with you hilgi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 10:59 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,427,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Wow what a burden to bear . It's far more simple for me , He's working in me both to will and to do , i believe much of this is being done without me being aware of it .

Usually when i am aware of His dealings, it's His chastising hand.

I believe above all things that God His dealing with the believers mis conception of Him , which inturn changes us, and thus changes how we are to our neighbor which includes the lost .
No...not a burden in the least...a pleasure knowing that I live in the will of my Father in heaven for my life...He never said it would be easy...overcoming your fleshly desires is hard...and without the power of the Spirit of Christ within...it cannot be done...and that power comes with being born-again...in the Spirit of Christ...no other Way. This is why the Way is narrow...and few there be that find it.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:11 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,587,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I have some question for the Sabbath keepers..

What exactly do you DO on the sabbath?

Do you do anything on the sabbath that requires OTHER people to work?
i.e. order a pizza, etc.

What about people who work in the medical profession? caretakers?

Let's say you had an animal rescue, would you require your workers to work on the sabbath? who would take care of the animals? You can't do it by yourself, it's too big of a job. Or do you see this as something that is "allowed" on the sabbath?

I have many more questions about this but will stop here.

Besides, worship.....absolutely nothing, if I can help it! Ohh, I might feed the children....or, I might just feed one of the children to the dogs, so I don't have to feed the dogs..Ohh, just forget it!! http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/9.gif (broken link)

That would be me! Hospice nurse. I'll go if called.....

Or, do you see this as something that is "allowed" on the sabbath?

And Jesus answering spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?

And they held their peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go;

And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?

And they could not answer again unto these things.
(Luke 14: 3-6)

Yes, it's lawful to do good on the SABBATH!! Again...the INWARD Sabbath of the soul, WILL delight you in the OUTWARD keeping of the Sabbath!! Read and learn what this mean, amen?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:17 AM

5,807 posts, read 4,795,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Absolutely nothing, if I can help it! Oh, I might feed the children....

That would be me! Hospice nurse. I'll go if called.....

Or, do you see this as something that is "allowed" on the sabbath?

And Jesus answering spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?

And they held their peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go;

And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?

And they could not answer again unto these things. (Luke 14: 3-6)

Yes, it's lawful to do good on the SABBATH!! Again...the INWARD keeping of the Sabbath, WILL delight you in the OUTWARD keeping of the Sabbath!! Read and learn what this mean amen?
Thanks for answering.
By the way, I am just curious about folks beliefs.
I don't agree with them as I do not esteem one day above another.
But if you do, that's your path and you have a right to it, of course.

peace,
sparrow

Old 07-04-2010, 11:33 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,587,944 times
Quote:
Thanks for answering.
By the way, I am just curious about folks beliefs.
I don't agree with them as I do not esteem one day above another.
But if you do, that's your path and you have a right to it, of course.

peace,
sparrow
Of course sparrow, to each his own right?

Peace to you to my friend.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:48 AM

28,009 posts, read 15,092,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
No. You have not been paying attention to the hundred's of times the difference of being "saved" and seeing one's "salvation" has been explained. I don't think I'll go through it again, there are plenty of thread's on the subject for you to read and learn from though.

n/a

This has been explained hundred's of times as well hilgi...you have not paid attention...go find the threads that explain this too...that is...if you truly care to learn.

Yes.

Not me...God's Word does.

Now you confuse me hilgi.
You are a self righteous person...

Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi
In order to enter Heaven do you personally have to obey all 10 commandments?

Yes.
You tell me where in scripture that it says that in order to enter heaven you must obey the ten commandments...I recognize your spirit and what it is attempting, Verna...you will not succeed against God or Christ...you will not succeed in degrading the merit of Christ's sacrifice...you know your end and you know that i know your end...Man was incapable of keeping the Law of God and that is why there was a neccessity for the sacrifice of Christ...if man is capable, then there was not a need for Christ to come and die on the Cross....i say this not to Verna's spirit, for it knows that i know what i speak of, i say it to others that see this post....

Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
yes.[/color]

[color=royalblue] yes.

[color=royalblue][color=black] You obviously know more about SDA than I do...I am not one...never have been to their church...nor will I ever. I do not go to a "church" building any longer...and when I did, it was non-denominational...so...if that is what they believe, good for them.

I believe, and know from my own experience, that once one has received knowledge of the truth, in keeping the Sabbath, it's fine if you want to go to a "church" building to worship and fellowship with other's on Sunday, or any other day for that matter...but what happens is this...you begin to hear false teachings come from your "pastor" because their foundation of truth is based upon false precepts...and God opens up your ears and you begin hearing the lies in his teachings that you never had the ears to hear before as lies...because you didn't know the lie from the truth before you understood the truth in keeping the Ten Commandments of God.

It didn't happen overnight...it took well over a year to begin to discern the truth from lies (from the point of receiving the knowledge of truth to the point of coming out from under that false teaching)...and then...you have to go out of that church...because you cannot sit under that any longer and not say something...you feel like screaming to the top of your lungs for him to stop teaching lies to those people around you who you love...but you cannot scream out...at least I couldn't...I sat there in tears many times as he preached false doctrine to them. When I did say something in private to some about keeping the Ten Commandments...one of them told the pastor, and he told me if he heard that I taught that to anyone again, I would have to go. So I shut up...and suffered until I had had enough, and I left. I was set free...and free was and is how I feel...free from the false teachings of Modern Christianity...Praise God!

I've never been more blessed...or more happy...or more free.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
The Pastor recognized your spirit for what it was, and that was a devisive spirit...you crept in and where attempting to deceive...and God stopped you and took you out so you could not do any harm to the body...this is why your spirit was upset, because it was caught by God trying to destroy...and He has kept you out of the assemblies, this is obvious for it is said not to forsake the assembling of yourselves...my desire to obey the Law of God does not come from a belief that it is a requirement on my part to enter into His rest, but because it is on my heart and makes me joyful thinking of a day where i do not struggle to keep them but it comes naturally...

Old 07-04-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Verna if you keep the 10 commandments like you say you do you are perfect , and if you can keep them and be perfect there would be hope for the rest of mankind in doing so , and there would have been no reason for Christ to have paid the price He did , because the standard He set could have been attained and there would be no excuse for any of us.

8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,”a and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”b 10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Can you please explain to me how keeping a Saturday Sabbath is loving your neighbor
There you go again, throwing out verses that support your UR heresy...

Old 07-04-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I have some question for the Sabbath keepers..

Do you do anything on the sabbath that requires OTHER people to work?
i.e. order a pizza, etc.

Let's say you had an animal rescue, would you require your workers to work on the sabbath? who would take care of the animals? You can't do it by yourself, it's too big of a job. Or do you see this as something that is "allowed" on the sabbath?

I have many more questions about this but will stop here.
Verna, does not know the whole Law...her spirit is a devisive spirit...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity