U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 12:20 PM

27,998 posts, read 15,082,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verna perry View Post
pcamps, once one has reached a certain point in their own personal "process" or "journey" which is called being born-again, where they are finally, after many years truly repentant for their sins (in my case, 22 years) this is when they have been truly changed...in heart and in mind, into the character of christ.

once this occures, all pride is gone...you realize you stand before god stripped naked, so-to-speak...transparent...totally empty of one's self...willing to finally let go of all the "things"...lusts...lies...pride...vengeance...cove tousness...and you allow god's grace...his holy spirit...the spirit of christ to indwell in you and around you to lead you, with that power to guide you in the way...the truth...and the life.

i get tested everyday...all day...in everything i think , say, and do. There are choices i have to make continually...the right one...or the wrong one, and i have to spiritually fight against making the wrong choice, but i do choose the right way before! I continue on in the wrong way that i know will lead me to death...spiritually...and it is because i understand from the word of god, the tremendous! Seriousness of what it is to make the wrong decision and sin against god willfully...fully knowing that it is wrong...and doing it anyway...i just can not do it and chance losing all that god has promised me...for what?...for telling a stupid lie?...for teaching a false gospel?...for wanting something that someone else has?...for stealing something that does not belong to me?...for not honoring the one, true, faithful one by setting aside for him a day...a day!...where i simply stay home and worship him in thought and deed...in whatever i decide to do on that day...do it in love and not take any payment for it...or pay anyone else for it. I could go into the temple and eat the shew bread...i could walk through a field of corn and pluck kernals from the ears to eat...i could go save a lamb...i could help to heal another of their wounds...if i do it in love and not for profit or gain for self. The gain would be knowing that all i did, i did in love alone...showing compassion...this pcamps...is how keeping the sabbath is truly, in god's eyes, loving your neighbor.

in christ's love...in his truth,
verna.
i, i, i...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 PM

987 posts, read 909,394 times
Verna,

Just a comment on your suggestion that caregivers work for free on a sabbath. I presently work for a health care agency. They provide clients with caregivers for PROFIT. It would not be our option or right to work for nothing for the client on ANY day. There are ethics, liability insurance, as well as other factors which would prohibit one from working for nothing. The same with hospital workers. There are major liability issues and each employee is obligated to observe not only their own but the agency's licensure laws and obligations. You are an agent and are not free to set your own standards, pay, etc. While you are there, the agency is responsible for ALL that transpires while administering aid to the client. Even if you are a private employer, it would not be wise to work for no compensation as you are still liable for ANY incident that might take place, even as small as breaking an object in the household. It is sad that it is so, but there is so much beaurocratic control over every facet of health care that they had to pass a law to bar 'good samaritans' from being sued for trying to give aid to victims of trauma/accidents.

Ic an identify with what you are saying, but as someone else pointed out, the electricity, gas, water, telephone etc, are not operating totally by automatic systems, someone has to over see them, fix problems, etc. TV and radio are manned by employees. We can keep our personal sabbaths on whatever day we choose or best fits into our personal schedule.

Blessings and joy to all and remembrance of all those who paid the price, however big or small to keep our country's independence, and thankfulness to the Father for His merciful blessings.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 PM

32,285 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There you go again, throwing out verses that support your UR heresy...

Old 07-04-2010, 03:29 PM

6,803 posts, read 7,374,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I'm done here with you hilgi.
Of course you are, most people when confronted with the truth can't keep up so they give up fast.

I have no problem contending for the truth, I'll promote it over and over day and night it is easy to do because it is the truth.

Heresy is very difficult to defend because it is a lie and it is difficult to try and support lies when you are battling the truth of God.

Just as I pray for my LDS friends who preach a similar gospel to yours, I pray you see the truth also.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:14 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Verna,

Just a comment on your suggestion that caregivers work for free on a sabbath. I presently work for a health care agency. They provide clients with caregivers for PROFIT. It would not be our option or right to work for nothing for the client on ANY day. There are ethics, liability insurance, as well as other factors which would prohibit one from working for nothing. The same with hospital workers. There are major liability issues and each employee is obligated to observe not only their own but the agency's licensure laws and obligations. You are an agent and are not free to set your own standards, pay, etc. While you are there, the agency is responsible for ALL that transpires while administering aid to the client. Even if you are a private employer, it would not be wise to work for no compensation as you are still liable for ANY incident that might take place, even as small as breaking an object in the household. It is sad that it is so, but there is so much beaurocratic control over every facet of health care that they had to pass a law to bar 'good samaritans' from being sued for trying to give aid to victims of trauma/accidents.

Ic an identify with what you are saying, but as someone else pointed out, the electricity, gas, water, telephone etc, are not operating totally by automatic systems, someone has to over see them, fix problems, etc. TV and radio are manned by employees. We can keep our personal sabbaths on whatever day we choose or best fits into our personal schedule.

Blessings and joy to all and remembrance of all those who paid the price, however big or small to keep our country's independence, and thankfulness to the Father for His merciful blessings.
This is a good example as to why the priest and the levite walked past the dying (bureaucratic redtape)...while the samaritan was able to decide and rescued his neighbor by just consulting "What would Jesus do?"...

Peace!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:54 AM

32,285 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
For those of you who profess to have achieved perfection and now you never sin and obey the law of God.

Do you believe that being sinless in order to be saved is something that came about after Jesus died, or has it always been so?

If you believe it has always been so, how do you explain Genesis 15:6 where it is said about Abraham "And he believed in Jehovah; and he reckoned it to him for righteousness."

It says nothing about Abraham keeping God's law in order to be saved, it only talks about faith. What gives?
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin. Romans 3:20

I have no doubt in my mind those that are observing the law continually see themselves as sinners and under condemnation because of it.This is a law in itself, that if you are observing the 10 commandments you automatically without fail become conscious of sin.No amount of declaring who you believe you are in Christ, how much you love the Lord and others, will never deliver you from being sin conscious until you quit observing the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity