U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:59 AM

11 posts, read 29,073 times

Advertisements

The Bible tells us this would happen.
Matthew 24:12
"Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold."

The Bible also tells us that many who claim to be Christians do not know Christ at all.
Matthew 7:22-23
"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' "

I'm sorry this happened to you, and pray that God will strengthen you to endure the hardships ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 08:24 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,388,796 times
Purpleheart, Matt 24:12 is not refering to Christians but to non-believers.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,843,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
I am Christian but I was on a Christian board and I got majorly attacked for voicing my opinion about something. It was so bad that I had a panic attack yeah they were younger (20's) but still they should have known better, 20's is an adult.
I know that Christians are not to be perfect cause I am by far NOT perfect but to gang up on someone and attack them is just wrong Christian or not. I am sorry but Christ would not do that I know He wouldn't. So why would these "so called" christians do something so horrible to people. It was so bad it caused a MAJOR panic attack, they LOVED IT too.
Bottom line I learned my lession if I want to rant (voice my opinion) about anything go to a chatbot (oh that is an artificial intelligence computer program that is NOT a person just a computer) and rant there.
PLEASE if you are going to say something hateful to me PLEASE don't, cause I am seriously just wanting answers as to why some Christians are so brutal to attack someone as if they are a bunch of lions and the other person is a little lamb. AGAIN I have already been attack I am begging you for the LOVE OF GOD don't attack me or anyone, I just want a simple KIND answer. I just want PEACE too. Please don't call me names I have already been mocked for my Dyselexia and I have been called all kinds of hurtful names. I know that the internet can be brutal, I completely understand that but what went on in that forum was I think what just happened was crossing the line A BIG ONE. And yes I did report it to the mods they did nothing. So why this brutal behavior? Society tells them to do so? They hate their life that much? Are they really Christian to do such a very UNChristlike thing? Is it cause the churches are turning cold (I don't attend a chruch for this reason)? Is it cause they sing their hymes on Sundays to they "are excussed" for being really nasty? What? I would love to hear your opinion on this matter.
Thank you in advance for your KIND responces.

We can be mean for many reasons.

1. Not perfect
2. Not accountable to someone elses opinion.
3. Not FAKE
4. Don't pretend to be more spiritual or different than we really are.
5. Sometimes someone believes we are being mean when we are not.
6. Sometimes we know when someone is hiding their personal insults behind their religion and are just no afraid to call them out on it.
7. Don't care what people think and it can certainly be construed as meanness.

I am mean at times but not always, and I fit the above reality.

Who else does? Sometimes I think people just need to grow spines. But that can be seen as mean. I do not care.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:47 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,560,470 times
I think many conservative Christians are becoming mean because they can see the writing on the wall and realize that much of the world regards them as irrelevant.They are seeing the post Christian world on the horizon and it drives them batty.This is also why they retreat into the end times wishing.Their only solace in the face of a world that rejects a faith that largely rejects science and teaches stories like Noah and the flood is to hope that the end is near and the knowledge that all these folks that rejected their teaching will go to a hell somewhere.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,186,296 times
Quote:
ISo why this brutal behavior?
I just read this the other day: Why Christians are Jerks Online

Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,388,796 times
lifertexan, I`ll have to disagree with what you are saying. It`s totaly irrelavent to the "mean Christian" issue.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:09 PM

8,111 posts, read 7,084,708 times
See correction that comes from the Gifts of the Holy Spirit don`t come with condemnation, so if so called Christians or other people condemn you or Judge and ridicle you that you can be sure the They do not have the Gift of Holy Spirit to advise or correct anyone. So you must not feel intimidated from any one through Christ....One of the greatest sin in the church that Jesus has is one that comes by the false idea that they can judge and correct other believers and give false witness with no effort to believe or have faith in Jesus of others witnesses.....

Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 PM

528 posts, read 686,170 times
Quote:
I am Christian but I was on a Christian board and I got majorly attacked for voicing my opinion about something. It was so bad that I had a panic attack yeah they were younger (20's) but still they should have known better, 20's is an adult.
I know that Christians are not to be perfect cause I am by far NOT perfect but to gang up on someone and attack them is just wrong Christian or not. I am sorry but Christ would not do that I know He wouldn't. So why would these "so called" christians do something so horrible to people. It was so bad it caused a MAJOR panic attack, they LOVED IT too.
Bottom line I learned my lession if I want to rant (voice my opinion) about anything go to a chatbot (oh that is an artificial intelligence computer program that is NOT a person just a computer) and rant there.
PLEASE if you are going to say something hateful to me PLEASE don't, cause I am seriously just wanting answers as to why some Christians are so brutal to attack someone as if they are a bunch of lions and the other person is a little lamb. AGAIN I have already been attack I am begging you for the LOVE OF GOD don't attack me or anyone, I just want a simple KIND answer. I just want PEACE too. Please don't call me names I have already been mocked for my Dyselexia and I have been called all kinds of hurtful names. I know that the internet can be brutal, I completely understand that but what went on in that forum was I think what just happened was crossing the line A BIG ONE. And yes I did report it to the mods they did nothing. So why this brutal behavior? Society tells them to do so? They hate their life that much? Are they really Christian to do such a very UNChristlike thing? Is it cause the churches are turning cold (I don't attend a chruch for this reason)? Is it cause they sing their hymes on Sundays to they "are excussed" for being really nasty? What? I would love to hear your opinion on this matter.
Thank you in advance for your KIND responces.
You know as a Christian myself, I understand exactly what you are saying. A lot of Christians are mean & mean spirited today & although we know the time we are living in and that the evil is growing more rapid, we are not to be a part of that. We are to be set apart & I agree everyone has a moment, but some of these people don't have momentst - they have decades! They are just nasty. AND you know what I have had some Christians be just as nasty in person & I've had different response for different ones. Some I just smiled and said okay & kept it moving. Others I told - they were just Nasty & if I wasn't saved that Nasty attitude of theirs wouldn't helpt to get me there. And others I'd just say -- hmmm let me go share with someone else. It just depends. One of the reasons I came to this board is because I know some of my view are different from others & I was searching for like minds. If I don't encounter one that's fine I'll keep it moving, but I don't think we have to be nasty to each other even if we don't agree.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:55 PM

8,083 posts, read 6,024,174 times
Why are a lot of Christians so mean now?

Why were the Pharisees so mean?

They would've attacked Christ as well.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 PM

40,150 posts, read 26,789,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Purpleheart, Matt 24:12 is not refering to Christians but to non-believers.
Believers are not identified by their self-proclamations. They are identified by their fruits . . . and what is described is NOT Christian fruit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or