U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,830,942 times

Advertisements

The reason they are mean is because Christianity is a religion based on human sacrifice. Religions that follow those kinds of teachings are always less tolerant, respect life less, and are meaner than oters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 06:05 PM

11 posts, read 29,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Purpleheart, Matt 24:12 is not refering to Christians but to non-believers.
I don't see how that's possible. Jesus said that those who are non-believers didn't love Him.

John 8:42
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me."

Non-Believers love can't grow cold, because they don't love God to begin with. It seems to me that Jesus MUST be talking about believers.

Let's look at it in context.

Matthew 24:9-14
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

Do you see what it says? "Many will turn from the faith", "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people", "the love of most will grow cold", "but he who stands firm to the end will be saved".

I don't see how Jesus could possibly be talking about Non-Believers here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or