U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:31 PM

597 posts, read 1,129,798 times

Advertisements

I am Christian but I was on a Christian board and I got majorly attacked for voicing my opinion about something. It was so bad that I had a panic attack yeah they were younger (20's) but still they should have known better, 20's is an adult.
I know that Christians are not to be perfect cause I am by far NOT perfect but to gang up on someone and attack them is just wrong Christian or not. I am sorry but Christ would not do that I know He wouldn't. So why would these "so called" christians do something so horrible to people. It was so bad it caused a MAJOR panic attack, they LOVED IT too.
Bottom line I learned my lession if I want to rant (voice my opinion) about anything go to a chatbot (oh that is an artificial intelligence computer program that is NOT a person just a computer) and rant there.
PLEASE if you are going to say something hateful to me PLEASE don't, cause I am seriously just wanting answers as to why some Christians are so brutal to attack someone as if they are a bunch of lions and the other person is a little lamb. AGAIN I have already been attack I am begging you for the LOVE OF GOD don't attack me or anyone, I just want a simple KIND answer. I just want PEACE too. Please don't call me names I have already been mocked for my Dyselexia and I have been called all kinds of hurtful names. I know that the internet can be brutal, I completely understand that but what went on in that forum was I think what just happened was crossing the line A BIG ONE. And yes I did report it to the mods they did nothing. So why this brutal behavior? Society tells them to do so? They hate their life that much? Are they really Christian to do such a very UNChristlike thing? Is it cause the churches are turning cold (I don't attend a chruch for this reason)? Is it cause they sing their hymes on Sundays to they "are excussed" for being really nasty? What? I would love to hear your opinion on this matter.
Thank you in advance for your KIND responces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 10:39 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,500,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
I am Christian but I was on a Christian board and I got majorly attacked for voicing my opinion about something. It was so bad that I had a panic attack yeah they were younger (20's) but still they should have known better, 20's is an adult.
I know that Christians are not to be perfect cause I am by far NOT perfect but to gang up on someone and attack them is just wrong Christian or not. I am sorry but Christ would not do that I know He wouldn't. So why would these "so called" christians do something so horrible to people. It was so bad it caused a MAJOR panic attack, they LOVED IT too.
Bottom line I learned my lession if I want to rant (voice my opinion) about anything go to a chatbot (oh that is an artificial intelligence computer program that is NOT a person just a computer) and rant there.
PLEASE if you are going to say something hateful to me PLEASE don't, cause I am seriously just wanting answers as to why some Christians are so brutal to attack someone as if they are a bunch of lions and the other person is a little lamb. AGAIN I have already been attack I am begging you for the LOVE OF GOD don't attack me or anyone, I just want a simple KIND answer. I just want PEACE too. Please don't call me names I have already been mocked for my Dyselexia and I have been called all kinds of hurtful names. I know that the internet can be brutal, I completely understand that but what went on in that forum was I think what just happened was crossing the line A BIG ONE. And yes I did report it to the mods they did nothing. So why this brutal behavior? Society tells them to do so? They hate their life that much? Are they really Christian to do such a very UNChristlike thing? Is it cause the churches are turning cold (I don't attend a chruch for this reason)? Is it cause they sing their hymes on Sundays to they "are excussed" for being really nasty? What? I would love to hear your opinion on this matter.
Thank you in advance for your KIND responces.

I am terribly sorry about your experience. NOBODY should attack you just for asking questions. Actually, nobody should attack you, period.

And Christ only attacked the religious leaders of his day.

Hopefully you won't have that problem here. At least you won't be attacked for asking questions by the URs, and there are quite a few of us here.

What was it that you were asking that they all got so mad about?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:55 PM

987 posts, read 911,544 times
It could be the pack instinct....they may all have similar beliefs so when someone new comes in posting something contrary they all attacked. Perhaps you need to get a tuffer skin. It's sad that you would need to, but things can be even ruffer here on the internet than out there in the big old world. People can hit and run here much easier. Again, that's not the Christian spirit, but it happens. Try not to take it personally.

The best thing to do, like Jesus told the disciples, if you enter a forum where they mock you, shake the dust off your keyboard and move to more welcoming ground. Perhaps when you get a bit more seasoned you can return and verbalize your questions better, but I think I would just avoid sites like that if you are a more timid soul.

And forgive them, for they know not what they do!!

You should find kind souls here among even those of us espousing different doctrines.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:10 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,923,778 times
I've updated my status with my opinion about this board - if all we're going to do is attack each other, then I'm done here.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:38 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,776,263 times
I know this can be easier said than done, but try not to take it too personally, because sometimes people forget that there are real people behind the screen names. If they were continually rude and mean and not just defending their belief with passion, then maybe they aren't letting the Holy Spirit guide them like they should. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Just let the peace of God rule in your heart and don't let their bad behavior upset you.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:33 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,074,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I know this can be easier said than done, but try not to take it too personally, because sometimes people forget that there are real people behind the screen names. If they were continually rude and mean and not just defending their belief with passion, then maybe they aren't letting the Holy Spirit guide them like they should. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Just let the peace of God rule in your heart and don't let their bad behavior upset you.
^^^Yeah - what she said!

Okay, so I'm not a Christian - but I do spend a lot of time on the Christian threads (I find them interesting and it helps me understand people a little better). Yes, there are some Christians that can be very mean! However, there are many more that are compassionate, understanding, and loving - sometimes they just aren't as LOUD as the mean ones! And also - remember that if you met the mean ones in person - it is doubtful if they would say any of the things to your face that they say to you so freely online. I find that the mean ones really don't bother me anymore. But it could also be that, since I'm not a Christian - I just don't take what they say about me personally since I already know that we believe different things. I know what I believe - I don't need validation or acceptance from anyone - so maybe it doesn't upset me so much when they say mean things to me. I can understand how it could be very upsetting, though. Don't think I'm trying to down play what you have been through. I guess I've just been so pleasantly surprised by the friendliness, kindness, and openess that I've encountered here - so it kind of makes the mean people seem inconsequential. What is that Bible quote - something about they know not what they do? Well, just think of that (if that fits, I could be wrong!).
I'm sure by reaching out like this - you will find the good seeds that I'm talking about!

Old 07-04-2010, 12:36 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,778,567 times
I think the whole world has become a lot angrier in general in the last few years (at least in America). I think it is the times we live in - people are being sifted like never before and also there is a scripture that says Satan is angry because he knows his time is short.

I agree with the points made by herefornow and ScarletWren also - shake the dust off and don't participate on a forum where the personal attacks are never even moderated by a sane moderator. We have really good moderators here who stop in from time to time and use their snippers when things get out of hand. (Thanks, Mods!)

I hope you can find some kindness and love here on this forum regardless of the fact that there are disagreements. Welcome

Heartsong

Old 07-04-2010, 12:37 AM

55,782 posts, read 74,800,289 times
anger management is not on the list of virtues?
2nd guess is better--- unexpected persecutions.
rotten kids & a bad marriage and a corrupt boss??

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-04-2010 at 12:49 AM..

Old 07-04-2010, 12:46 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,500,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I think the whole world has become a lot angrier in general in the last few years (at least in America). I think it is the times we live in - people are being sifted like never before and also there is a scripture that says Satan is angry because he knows his time is short. Heartsong
I would agree. The anger is getting worse amongst all groups. My husband is a truck driver, and he barely makes it home some days. The road rage is horrible out there. I didn't believe him until I started riding with him. It can be truly terrifying. We are going to have to draw even closer to the Spirit and keep checking our fruits if we are going to survive spiritually.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:51 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,773,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I think the whole world has become a lot angrier in general in the last few years (at least in America). I think it is the times we live in - people are being sifted like never before and also there is a scripture that says Satan is angry because he knows his time is short.

I agree with the points made by herefornow and ScarletWren also - shake the dust off and don't participate on a forum where the personal attacks are never even moderated by a sane moderator. We have really good moderators here who stop in from time to time and use their snippers when things get out of hand. (Thanks, Mods!)

I hope you can find some kindness and love here on this forum regardless of the fact that there are disagreements. Welcome

Heartsong
I agree with all of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or