U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,443,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
???

By the way Abraham's seed do not need to ally themselves to anyone read Genesis 14 . You are in need of a "Road to Damascus experience"
How many times do I have to repeat myself.....??

UR lies about post mortem salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 PM

32,331 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
How many times do I have to repeat myself.....??

UR lies about post mortem salvation.
Like i said , if we do , thank God we live in a civil world and not the Dark Ages because we liars of the UR heresy would be frying at the stake by now , at the hands of those who think they are doing God a favor by fighting the good fight .

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place .

The only thing stopping the heretics going up in flames again is the kingdom of this world has become more civil than the kingdom of fundamental christianity

Old 07-06-2010, 06:17 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,056,759 times
Quote:
I don't dislike anyone. Again, the Universalist imposes thoughts where there aren't any...why is this ever so common with this bunch??
Um... I'm not a Universalist. So, don't take your ire out on them.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,774,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
To the people who are joining this little alliance - seriously reconsider! Sciotamicks has said in various threads that Jesus only died for some and not others, and he thinks God DOES NOT love everyone! Of course he does believe Jesus died for him and God loves Him. Go figure.
[quote=sciotamicks;14923639]Never said that...again...you impose words that arent there. I repeat...Christ sacrifice is good for all, but not all come to the faith. That is limited atonement.

You have been corrected. Stop lying. [/quote]

Quote:
You are either confused by your own thoughts, or you are lying.

You said:

"He died for many, not all. This is my blood of the New Testament, which is shed for MANY.
Not all!"

in this thread:

No Universal Salvation Form Death for All Mankind Post #138.
I don't appreciate you calling me a liar, and then when I prove that you were the one lying, you ignore my post. What do you have to say for yourself? Why do you say Christ only died for some, then not only deny you said it, but call me a liar?

Last edited by Bright Hope for Tomorrow; 07-06-2010 at 06:49 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 06:57 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,729,329 times
Quote:
But here, is just a pledge to those who support the fight against heresy.
Ironically if the mid-evil tactics were in force you would be put to the torch as well. Don't you know that preterism is considered heresy by the vast majority of the church?

It goes like this:

The Christian’s hope while he still tarries on this devil infested earth is this – the glorious coming of our great God and saviour Jesus Christ and the redemption from this body of death!
[Titus 2:11-13; Romans 8:22,23]
Preterism denies and destroys both of these with a vengeance! Nothing of our hope is left! With the scoffers of II Peter 3:4, it asks, "Where is the promise of his coming?" With Hymenaeus and Philetus, it says that "the resurrection is past already" (II Tim. 2:18).

Hymenaus and Philetus also taught that the future resurrection had already taken place just as modern consistent Preterism teaches today. Unfortunately, it does not stop with the resurrection, but to be consistent they teach that all prophecy is fulfilled. Any prophetical passage in all of
Holy scripture you can name, any future event the in God’s Word, it has already taken place; everything to the point they teach we are now living in the new Heaven and new Earth.

Beloved, this is not a new doctrine, and is believed and propagated even among those that call themselves Landmark Baptists. Hymenaus and Philetus might have taught church truth. You may have heard
a hearty amen from them hearing a message on the doctrines of Grace; but they taught a deadly heresy, and there are some who do the same.

'Preterism' another Eschatological view or Heresy?

So fellow heretic - I'll see you at the witch burning party. Too bad the one's you wanted as allies have decided to kill you too.

P.S. : Pray for dry wood.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:02 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,771,928 times
Quote:
Like i said , if we do , thank God we live in a civil world and not the Dark Ages because we liars of the UR heresy would be frying at the stake by now , at the hands of those who think they are doing God a favor by fighting the good fight .

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place .

The only thing stopping the heretics going up in flames again is the kingdom of this world has become more civil than the kingdom of fundamental christianity
It could happen again. There is a strong right-wing movement in America that wants a Republican Theocracy. They love guns and war and they despise the entire Democratic Party and anyone who doesn't hate President Obama. They would likely favor a holy war with Islam and UR believers would find themselves in their cross-hairs. I'm just saying, anything is possible, especially if we have a complete economic melt down.
But, what will be will be. And maybe it won't come to that. But such scenarios do cross my mind from time to time since America has become so divided and angry.

Think about it - we condone horrible stuff around the globe including torture (for which I also hold Obama accountable because he has not kept his word about change - it's the same policy as Bush43). We let Israel keep the children of Gaza in what I would have to call death camps. And we saber rattle against Iran constantly while we have two other wars going and while America's infrastructure is crumbling as well as any social safety network to help the poor and homeless. As a nation, we spend countless billions, perhaps trillions on our Military Industrial Complex that stretches around the entire globe and then dare to boast that we are a "Christian" nation. It really boggles the mind what has become of us as a people. And we have more churches than you can shake a stick at - yet all the while people are against immigrants, blacks, minorities, and all manner of helpless folks. We have tons of sex offenders and pedophiles and more people in prison than any nation on earth (including more than China!). Wow - what a country! Babylon!

Heartsong

Old 07-06-2010, 07:07 PM

32,331 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Fight the good fight with all thy might,
Christ is thy strength and Christ thy right;
lay hold on life, and it shall be
thy joy and crown eternally.

Run the straight race, through God's good grace,
lift up thine eyes and seek his face;
life with its way before us lies,
Christ is the path and Christ the prize.

Cast care aside, lean on thy Guide;
his boundless mercy will provide;
trust, and thy trusting soul shall prove
Christ is its life and Christ its love.

Faint not nor fear, his arms are near;
he changeth not, and thou art dear;
only believe, and thou shalt see
that Christ is all in all to thee.

Sciota this is the fight of faith i believe in . Can i get an Amen ?

Oremus Hymnal: Fight the good fight with all thy might

Old 07-06-2010, 07:46 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,497,011 times
Quote:
Fight the good fight with all thy might,
Christ is thy strength and Christ thy right;
lay hold on life, and it shall be
thy joy and crown eternally.

Run the straight race, through God's good grace,
lift up thine eyes and seek his face;
life with its way before us lies,
Christ is the path and Christ the prize.

Cast care aside, lean on thy Guide;
his boundless mercy will provide;
trust, and thy trusting soul shall prove
Christ is its life and Christ its love.

Faint not nor fear, his arms are near;
he changeth not, and thou art dear;
only believe, and thou shalt see

that Christ is all in all to thee.

Sciota this is the fight of faith i believe in . Can i get an Amen ?

Oremus Hymnal: Fight the good fight with all thy might

Amen!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:

I don't appreciate you calling me a liar, and then when I prove that you were the one lying, you ignore my post. What do you have to say for yourself? Why do you say Christ only died for some, then not only deny you said it, but call me a liar?
Christ died for MANY...not ALL...has nothing to do with mankind as a whole! How many times do I have to say this! Sometimes I feel like I am talking to a bunch of kids! Stay with the themes....and if you all can't have a multi layered conversation....why are you engaging me at all?

I am a Full Preterist. This soteriological statement was directed SOLELY at the Israel under the death sentence of Adam. The MANY are the elect, are the dead ones sleeping in paradise, the firstfruits and on and on. It may be confusing to you, but I am trying to stay with the themes without getting into an eschatological nightmare. The theme is...many not all...whether it be Israel or the entire world that fact is....that only a few are chosen to inherit the kingdom of God. His government will continue to increase. The concept never changes......God chooses...not all, but some.

They are the few.
From that redemption, their eschatological resurrection drew near.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 07-06-2010 at 09:54 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Ironically if the mid-evil tactics were in force you would be put to the torch as well. Don't you know that preterism is considered heresy by the vast majority of the church?
In time, the church will conform to preterism. All the early church fathers purported full preterism...would you like some excerpts...I can even produce the UR fathers.

Themes are the same, different timing.
We don't deny the resurrection, we say it already happened.
We believe that Christ, when He said soon, at hand, and near, He meant just that. Soon. Not 2000 years and counting.

In time you may not see, but your children may.....Preterism eliminates all false doctrines, from LDS to UR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity