U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,442,179 times
Reputation: 420

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Um... I'm not a Universalist. So, don't take your ire out on them.
Then what are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
 
40,190 posts, read 26,820,188 times
Reputation: 6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Christ died for MANY...not ALL...has nothing to do with mankind as a whole! How many times do I have to say this! Sometimes I feel like I am talking to a bunch of kids! Stay with the themes....and if you all can't have a multi layered conversation....why are you engaging me at all?

I am a Full Preterist. This soteriological statement was directed SOLELY at the Israel under the death sentence of Adam. The MANY are the elect, are the dead ones sleeping in paradise, the firstfruits and on and on.

They are the few.
From that redemption, their eschatological resurrection drew near.
Nonsense. I have done the scholarship (as you or your mentors have) and in the end it is pointless. God would NOT require that anyone be capable of extensive scholarship to understand the twists and turns and elaborations your mentors have produced for your sick interpretation of God and our relationship to Him. Understanding is available to all and God has "written in our hearts" all we need to know with the help of the Holy Spirit within and Jesus' commands to "love God and each other." If extensive scholarship were required to understand God and our relationship to Him . . . very few would EVER achieve it . . . and many (if not most) would get as screwed up and turned around as you and your mentors have in the process. God is love . . . just "love God and each other" period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,727,950 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Then what are you?
I think she's a human. At least - that's what I sensed when we've shared on some threads. I could be wrong though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,442,179 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. I have done the scholarship (as you or your mentors have) and in the end it is pointless. God would NOT require that anyone be capable of extensive scholarship to understand the twists and turns and elaborations your mentors have produced for your sick interpretation of God and our relationship to Him. Understanding is available to all and God has "written in our hearts" all we need to know with the help of the Holy Spirit within and Jesus' commands to "love God and each other." If extensive scholarship were required to understand God and our relationship to Him . . . very few would EVER achieve it . . . and many (if not most) would get as screwed up and turned around as you and your mentors have in the process. God is love . . . just "love God and each other" period.

Your opinon really means nothing to me here, as you think half the Bible is savagely written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
 
40,190 posts, read 26,820,188 times
Reputation: 6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Your opinon really means nothing to me here, as you think half the Bible is savagely written.
Only an under-educated or uneducated person would NOT. Need I remiind you that some of these "human beings" at the time were sacrificing their own babies to be burned (alive) to the God Baal??? IF you need other reminders of the general caliber of "human beings" we are talking about . . . get more education.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-06-2010 at 10:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,580,989 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I think she's a human. At least - that's what I sensed when we've shared on some threads. I could be wrong though?
You took the words out of my very thoughts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,727,950 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
You took the words out of my very thoughts...
And you took your thoughts out of my very words. "What are you" anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,727,950 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Then what are you?
Well - if you really HAVE to have a label, she's a Jewpanes Heatherist, Liberal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,442,179 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Only an under-educated or uneducated person would NOT. Need I remiind you that some of these "human beings" at the time were sacrificing their own babies to be burned (alive) to the God Baal??? IF you need other reminders of the general caliber of "human beings" we are talking about . . . get more education.
The writers of the scriptures were burning babies? LOL

Get another book and stick your nose in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,442,179 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
"What are you" anyway?
I am the walrus

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top