U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 AM

1,897 posts, read 1,770,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
BHFT,

I said you were lying based on your belief system of the purification lake of fire for the wicked. This is the only, and I repeat, THE ONLY directed argument i have with UR . It is the only one I focus on, so in respect to you and others, it is a lie, and you and others are lying, whether knowingly or ignorantly...it is still al lie. You folks are not versed enough in the scripture's salvific properties when you make these conclusion. you focus on God's love, which is evident everywhere, but you leave out His wrath...why? Why I ask to you negate the justice of God.

So I apologize to you if I hurt your feelings, but in regards to my attack on your belief system, I still stand my ground, and say...It is a lie.

When you speak it, you may not know you are lying, since you obviously believe it, but in reality, it is still a lie.
Thanks for apologizing, but you accused me of lying when I stated what you had already said about YOUR belief system, that Christ did not die for all. You were not accusing me of lying regarding MY belief system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,571,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Many of you know my stance on the tenets of the faith, and with all my Futurist - Dispensational, Amil PreMil, Post Mil Pre and Post Wrath, etc and Preterist brothers and sisters that hold to the fundamental doctrines of the faith, I pledge to fight the good fight against the heresies that abound on this forum. You all know who you are that support me, and those that do not.

I pledge to keep them occupied while you all can talk about the more edifying tenets of the faith that lift up the body of Christ. I will be your soldier here.

I don't mind a good fight for Christ.

God bless you all in His Holy name, Jesus Christ, our Prince of Peace, our Mighty God, our Everlasting Father, our Counsellor and Advocate.
Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Matthew 5: 33Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: 34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

James 5: 12But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

James 4: 13Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

You are not to be bound to do anything for Him down here for we serve Him by the grace of God.

May the Lord set you free to serve Him and not a pledge.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,418,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
The mature in Christ will be able to disagree without resorting to calling the other person a liar, a devil, or some other ugly name. After all, it is Satan who is said to be the "accuser of the brethren", and Jesus who said he condemned no man. Some day, we'll all reach maturity in Christ and will not fight and consume one another. When we do, it is evidence that our flesh is still operating. We are to "reckon ourselves dead".

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you be not consumed one of another. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. - Galatians 5:13-15
"...these are my brother's and my sister's and my mother...those who DO the will of my Father in heaven."...as in keeping the Ten Commandments of God...OBEDIENT BELIEVER'S....

...yes, satan is the accuser of the brethren.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 PM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
"...these are my brother's and my sister's and my mother...those who DO the will of my Father in heaven."...as in keeping the Ten Commandments of God...OBEDIENT BELIEVER'S....

...yes, satan is the accuser of the brethren.
With all the "accusing" that is in your copious posts, Verna . . . I wouldn't be reminding everyone of that little fact!

Old 07-08-2010, 12:36 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,418,309 times
[quote=MysticPhD;14951419]With all the "accusing" that is in your copious posts, Verna . . . I wouldn't be reminding everyone of that little fact![/quote]

...anyone who does not keep the Ten Commandmetns of God, and live in His will for their lives, is not my brethren.

I stand by what I said.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
The mature in Christ will be able to disagree without resorting to calling the other person a liar, a devil, or some other ugly name. After all, it is Satan who is said to be the "accuser of the brethren", and Jesus who said he condemned no man.
Satan is not the only accuser.

John 5:39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Although it is true that Jesus condemns no man and even seen here as one that will not accuse, but it is only because it is not necessary.

John 3: 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...anyone who does not keep the Ten Commandmetns of God, and live in His will for their lives, is not my brethren.

I stand by what I said.
John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Romans 3: 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

If you remember how one is saved...

Ephesians 1:11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Galatians 3:14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. ....26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

....then by His grace, you can see why one is still a brother although he has fallen away from the faith or no longer following the tradition taught of us.

2 Timothy 2: 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

2 Thessalonians 3: 1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;....14And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

That is why I believe that the pre tribulation rapture event is judgment falling on the House of God first to restore the wayward to the path of righteousness for His name's sake so that is why the foolish virgins will have oil for their lamps and be shining and that is why the prodigal son will find that he is still son because the power of God in salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ: but not everyone will be ready when the Bridegroom somes.

If no flesh shall glory in His presence, then those presented by the Lord as apart from the law will be raptured.

Philippians 3:1Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. 4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 2:20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Thus we cannot be identified as His as keepers of the law, but by the faith in Jesus Christ.

When we speak of our faith in Jesus Christ then we are being witnesses of Him, but if we speak of ourselves as keepers of the law, then the witness is false. Either we are in a relationship of trust in the Son of God in helping us to live as His or.. they are just in another religion: Judaism with a christian lable on it as the latter is labouring in unbelief if we seek to be justified by the deeds of the law wherein men can boast and glory in the flesh by... and yet...

John 5:31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

1 Corinthians 3: 21Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1 Corinthians 1: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:31 PM

1,078 posts, read 770,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Against you? I don't think this is about you........
Oh yes it is. It's all about him. I guess he just proclaimed himself the general in charge of the ET army.

Just like Alexander Haig - "I'm in charge here"

Count me out scio. You deliberately malign the true nature of God. God is love, not hate.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,432,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Thanks for apologizing, but you accused me of lying when I stated what you had already said about YOUR belief system, that Christ did not die for all. You were not accusing me of lying regarding MY belief system.
Ahh...sometimes the multi layered conversation get me.

Christ's sacrfice is sufficient for all, but not all will and have been saved.
Again, my apologies.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:38 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,432,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Ahh...sometimes the multi layered conversation get me.

Christ's sacrfice is sufficient for all, but not all will and have been saved.
Again, my apologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity