U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:44 PM

4,224 posts, read 650,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I pledge to do my might to "LOVE GOD WITH ALL THAT I AM, AND TO LOVE MY NEIGHBOR AS I LOVE MYSELF"...and to always fill my hunger for the truth with "God's Word" and not allow it to have the excessive leaven...I swear this in the name of "THE LORD CHRIST JESUS, MY GOD, AND MY SAVIOUR AND REDEEMER!

Blessings...
blessings to you Ans - I am there with you on the importance of Love God and loving my neighbour as myself, and with seeking truth ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 10:51 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,432,221 times
Lots of leaven in the UR view.....

Old 07-04-2010, 10:51 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,489,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
What I propose and pledge...again..the inference is disheartening.

Do you think some of your posts directed at me have been disheartening?

I said I wanted to fight the good fight in another thread and you said, basically, that I spit on Paul for saying that ALL are God's children BEFORE they believe.

I don't recall ever posting something like that to you, or anybody, for that matter.

Here's what you posted to me: "Your belief system spits on St. Paul's face with these lies the moment the axe pierced the skin on his neck. I will be here for a very long time, fighting you off from this corner of the net."

Last edited by herefornow; 07-04-2010 at 11:47 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 12:25 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,717,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
May the love of Jesus eventually penetrate this powerful deception protected by deliberate ignorance so all may know the true love and nature of our God.
I don't think the ignorance is deliberate on the part of the individuals who adhere to it, even though I do think the religious system which corrals people into said ignorance was originally set up to do that on purpose.

Those trapped are my brothers and sisters and I don't blame them - I blame the system.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:28 AM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
One of the fundamental doctrines of all the named above is they believe in the rapture doctrine, you don't ,so how about fighting that one out first .

The rest of your post sounds like a decree from Rome in the Dark Ages , thank God we are not living in those days still , for many of us including many of the Fundy's you are trying to ally with , would be burnt at the stake after refusing to recant.
pcamps...it's eerie...this always comes to mind whenever I read posts that are full of venomous counters masquerading as concern and warning...the days of Queen Mary of England when papal Rome was given full authority to exercise "in the name of god" what they saw fit...

Old 07-05-2010, 12:30 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,717,828 times
Religion fights for correct doctrine.

God fights for people (whom He wins over with an overwhelming arsenal of unconditional love).

I am am a gleeful casualty of that war.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:22 AM

32,221 posts, read 21,091,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
pcamps...it's eerie...this always comes to mind whenever I read posts that are full of venomous counters masquerading as concern and warning...the days of Queen Mary of England when papal Rome was given full authority to exercise "in the name of god" what they saw fit...
You had to single us Brits out didn't you . only joking .

I agree and without fail it's all done in the Jesus ,well made to look like it is with statements like this"God bless you all in His Holy name, Jesus Christ, our Prince of Peace, our Mighty God, our Everlasting Father, our Counsellor and Advocate", but the truth is , it's done in defence of doctrine.

It's also very evident what Sciota is doing , he has been rattled by the amount of opposition he's had recently , so what does he do ? try's to form allegiances with all who reject UR , then boasts "He likes a good fight for Christ" , sounds like a Phillistine's giant boast to me , creates a bunch of new threads to counter the truth of UR(But the gates of hell will not prevail) and becomes judge and jury towards any who disagree with him . And he's talking about fighting a good fight ?(what with the sword of religion, watch out you might just lose an ear) , it's got it's beginnings in the flesh and will bear all the frut of it.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-05-2010 at 06:38 AM..

Old 07-05-2010, 06:52 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,836,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Many of you know my stance on the tenets of the faith, and with all my Futurist - Dispensational, Amil PreMil, Post Mil Pre and Post Wrath, etc and Preterist brothers and sisters that hold to the fundamental doctrines of the faith, I pledge to fight the good fight against the heresies that abound on this forum. You all know who you are that support me, and those that do not.

I pledge to keep them occupied while you all can talk about the more edifying tenets of the faith that lift up the body of Christ. I will be your soldier here.

I don't mind a good fight for Christ.

God bless you all in His Holy name, Jesus Christ, our Prince of Peace, our Mighty God, our Everlasting Father, our Counsellor and Advocate.

I don't mind to fight the good fight against the doctrines of fear that keep people bound in the chains of religion and assertions of false doom.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:02 AM

40,035 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I don't think the ignorance is deliberate on the part of the individuals who adhere to it, even though I do think the religious system which corrals people into said ignorance was originally set up to do that on purpose.

Those trapped are my brothers and sisters and I don't blame them - I blame the system.
I completely agree!!! . . . Hence the frustration.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 AM

5,804 posts, read 4,785,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
.. then boasts "He likes a good fight for Christ"

Whenever I hear this phrase from folks who believe God will snuff out His children forever or torture them mindlessly forever, I always imagine somebody in a boxing ring, fighting. The round ends, the bell rings. They turn around expecting Jesus to be in their corner ready to wipe their face with a towel and give them a little pep talk. But Jesus ain't there. They turn back around and look at who they've been "fighting for Christ", and see Jesus standing there.

Except that is a wishful thinking scenario. That they would actually see what's really going on.

In most cases, they do see Jesus in their corner, giving them a towel and a pep talk. But little do they know, it's really just their carnal man standing there with a rubber Jesus mask over it's face.

Makes you want to just run up there, rip off that fake Jesus mask and knock out that man in their corner for them. Take the towel, wipe their eyes, and spin them around so that they can see that what they thought they were fighting "Heresy! Heretics! Lies!" is actually Jesus. Is actually, God's LOVE! But. It's not for us to do.

I know a lot of us have been through this VERY scenario.
And when that Jesus mask fell to the floor and when we were confronted with WHAT and WHO we were REALLY fighting... when we were confronted with the REALITY of the situation, it DOES feel like you've been knocked out. But guess who is standing there with a towel wiping your face and giving you a pep talk? That's right. And don't bother tugging at the face, it's not a mask. It's the real thing.

And that's where the REAL LOVE of Christ starts to truly infiltrate your being. That's when what you thought you had knowledge of... slowly dissipates into the vapor that it really is. That's when He starts to truly reveal Himself to you like you would never have believed possible before. That's when the doctrines of man (the foundations of wood, hay and stubble) are burned up out of your mind/heart/soul and are replaced by the everlasting, indestructible foundation.. HIS LOVE.

peace..
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity