U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:18 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,060,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I think I'm going to go hang out with the peaceful heathen.
You are welcome to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 10:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,772,831 times
Quote:
That's what Jesus did when he was not arguing with the religious zealots!

Old 07-05-2010, 10:53 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,415,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The irony and pathos of such misguided zeal is suffocating to the souls of all who "love God and each other."
Yeah ... Ironic is the key word.

ET'er #1 says, "The truth shall set you, and the truth is most people who have ever been born will be eternally tormented in everlasting hell."

ET'er #2 replies, "Amen and Amen and Amen, isn't God great! Praise God!"

Old 07-05-2010, 10:58 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,772,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

ET'er #1 says, "The truth shall set you, and the truth is most people who have ever been born will be eternally tormented in everlasting hell."

Yeah, there is a 'Christian-ese' lingo. I know because the times I belonged to any church group I had to use it in order to be accepted and fit in. Can I get an Amen, brother? PRAISE Gawd! It is a sort of "group speak" that is supposed to make you feel you have been closer to God for having used all those phrases in every other sentence. It becomes very automatic and dare I say FAKE.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:07 PM

5,810 posts, read 4,800,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are welcome to!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:24 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,582,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yes, thank God it's gone from real executions to mere verbal threats of an unscriptural mythological hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes

20Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? . A ministry of do's and don'ts and you must and you mustn't, or else..

ps

I am not kidding about the dark ages , it's only because in many ways the world justice system has become more civil than the fundamental church system we are not frying at the stake .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You know, all this fighting and war stuff kind of sounds like the muslim extremists.
What ever happend to love, peace, understanding, and acceptance?
I guess I'll just stick to my peaceful heathen ways and try to show kindness to everyone... What do I know, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Christians fighting against Christians. Just what our Savior would want, I'm sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
The '"can I get an AMEN?" and the followup amening is just so ....quaint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The irony and pathos of such misguided zeal is suffocating to the souls of all who "love God and each other."
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
That's what Jesus did when he was not arguing with the religious zealots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yeah, there is a 'Christian-ese' lingo. I know because the times I belonged to any church group I had to use it in order to be accepted and fit in. Can I get an Amen, brother? PRAISE Gawd! It is a sort of "group speak" that is supposed to make you feel you have been closer to God for having used all those phrases in every other sentence. It becomes very automatic and dare I say FAKE.
And the LAW of Moses says, "and eye for an eye...and tooth for a tooth", but Jesus said, "verily, verily, I say unto you, if a brother hit you on the left cheek, give him your right cheek as well". Let's set a good example folks that we indeed abide by his LOVE and emulate the way our CHRIST lived and taught. He did not, does not, and will not subscribe to "burn in hell" doctrine!...AMEN and AMEN! There...

Old 07-05-2010, 11:28 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,729,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am not kidding about the dark ages , it's only because in many ways the world justice system has become more civil than the fundamental church system we are not frying at the stake .
That's because Christ was successful. How much more Christlike can you get but to want equal rights for all and universal justice? Yet - the fundy hold-overs want to fight against "world" peace. Go figure.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for it is they who will be recognized as children of God".

Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,729,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
AMEN and AMEN! There...
AaAaAaAaAaAmen-uh Bruthuh!!!!!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:32 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,415,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
And the LAW of Moses says, "and eye for an eye...and tooth for a tooth", but Jesus said, "verily, verily, I say unto you, if a brother hit you on the left cheek, give him your right cheek as well". Let's set a good example folks that we indeed abide by his LOVE and emulate the way our CHRIST lived and taught. He did not, does not, and will not subscribe to "burn in hell" doctrine!...AMEN and AMEN! There...

Old 07-05-2010, 11:37 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,582,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
AaAaAaAaAaAmen-uh Bruthuh!!!!!
You did again it bruthuh...

BTW - I nominated you as Budinak's sidekick on a christian humor thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity